Gamm -O????????

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I dont know where I saw this, but this is absolutely worthless. I will let ya know if I find where I saw this.

rkieltyk

Awards
im pretty sure its AA, i would just go with xfactor

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
im pretty sure its AA, i would just go with xfactor
AA might actually make it a decent product. Here are the ingrediants in Gamma-O:
Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Ounce
Servings Per Container: 32

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 130
Calories from Fat 110
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
Sugar 4.5g

Gamma Oryzanol (from rice bran oil) 2g

Other Ingredients:
Corn oil, fructose, poly-sorbate-80, potassium sorbate, sodium carboxy-methylcellulose, U.S.P. purified water.

Directions: Pour 1 oz. into serving cup and drink. For best results, take with food. Shake well before using.
I pulled it up on pubmed. The upsides are that it helps with lipid levels and is a good over all anti-oxidant. Downside is these two studies, the ones actually related to performance:
Fry AC, Bonner E, Lewis DL, Johnson RL, Stone MH, Kraemer WJ.
Exercise and Sport Science Laboratories, University of Memphis, TN 38152, USA.

To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin, beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.

PMID: 9407258 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Wheeler KB, Garleb KA.
Medical Department, Ross Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43216.

The use of gamma-oryzanol and phytosterols is gaining popularity among various athletic populations. These compounds are being consumed in the belief that they elicit anabolic effects ranging from increased testosterone production and release to stimulating human growth hormone release. However, published scientific studies suggest that these compounds are poorly absorbed. Furthermore, animal studies indicate that when these compounds are injected subcutaneously or intravenously, they induce antianabolic or catabolic activity. Normally, less than 5% of orally consumed phytosterols are absorbed from the intestinal tract, with the majority being excreted in the feces. Intravenous or subcutaneous injections of gamma-oryzanol in rats have been shown to suppress luteinizing hormone release, reduce growth hormone synthesis and release, and increase release of the catecholamines, dopamine and norepinephrine, in the brain. Although it hasn't been directly measured, this metabolic milieu, if accurate, may actually reduce testosterone production.

PMID: 1844993 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]