Has Ephedrine Legality Changed?

tigertest

Awards
I have been to my local gas stations where I normally pick up my ephedrine and it seems like they aren't carrying the bottles anymore, just the single packs with like 4 doses. I am also seeing some of my favorite online sites discontinuing selling ephedrine. The supplement store I went to the other day was selling 24 tablets for $25.00. OUTRAGEOUS! Is it on the verge of being banned? Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I don't think ephedrine is going to get banned, it's still very available in asthma and cold medicines in the pharmacies (Brochaide and Primatine). I do think the FDA is tightening the noose a bit though. At my local pharm I now have to sign my name to some list whenever I buy anything that has it. Some agency is keeping track of who's buying how much so they can track potential meth makers (I'm guessing anyway). It may be that the gas station you go to is only able to sell it that way now. Now sure why your supplement store is screwing you. Have you tried online? Just google ephedrine and see what you get.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Yep that is what I have found.

Prices online have gone up REALLY high and if you want to purchase in person you have to show ID and sign the book. The local truck stops no longer have the bottles just he small bubble packs

CROWLER

tigertest

Awards
Synephrine?

I thought it was just me, but I guess it is widespread. Tell me something, what do you guys think about synephrine compared to ephedrine? (In terms of a stimulant and for cutting). I actually have some, but have yet to try it due to the fact that I have ephedrine and use that instead.

papa G

Awards
Syneprine is VERY weak compared to ephedrine in my experience!

tigertest

Awards
I guess that explains why there is 100mg of synephrine in stizm, I received a sample and never took it yet. I was kind of leary when I saw that the dose was 100mg of it. I have taken up to 75mg of ephedrine at a time, but never 100mg in a dose.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100mg of synephrine and 100mg ephedrine are slightly different animals.

tigertest

Awards
can you go a little deeper in explanation...or perhaps maybe a comparison like...hmmm...50mg eph=100mg syn? Or is it not even comparable?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like I should get my Vasopro in the auction. I've seen board sponsors out of stock 24 gels caps for $12.99. I bet I could get a pretty penny for the 60 count tab bottles I have. I made a huge investment back when there were roumors of banning it.

:think: hmmmmmmmmmm
Hey B, I am not sure if I have told you what a GREAT job you do as a MOD and how handsome you are, if I haven't well then you know ;)

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Figured I would post this from that link above:

The bottom line here is that although the synephrine formulation seemed to have a mild effect, the ephedrine formulation outperformed synephrine across the board for elevating metabolic rate and shifting respiratory exchange ration toward fat burning. When you compare a synephrine based mixture to an ephedrine based one for fat burning potential, the ephedrine formulations appear to have the edge, based on available research.

Synephrine and ephedrine act differently upon alpha and beta adrenergic receptor sites. Ephedrine is an indirect and direct acting beta agonist with relatively slight activation of the alpha receptors; synephrine is a direct acting alpha agonist with relatively slight activation of beta receptors, via release of norepinephrine and epinephrine. This is important when attempting to determine the potential for fat burning, because the bottom line is that beta receptors, especially beta-3 receptors, are the key to burning fat.

CROWLER

madghost31

Awards
i bought a diet and energy pill with synephrine at a gas station. i would have to say that after a week of taking this i did not feel much out of it. not anything more than caffeine would do for me. they said it was much like ephedrine and the name sort of looks like it at a glance, but its no where near comparable to ephedrine.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey B, I am not sure if I have told you what a GREAT job you do as a MOD and how handsome you are, if I haven't well then you know ;)

CROWLER
Hey, Casanova, you trying to tell me something?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
They've already gotten together in a room, apparently...

App-arition

App-arition

Awards
Hi, this is my first post here and I have a question, as opposed to starting a new thread I figured I'd ask here.

I read the link posted above about synephrine and ephedrine as fat burners. But how do they compare as far as energy is concerned? I was considering buyins some synephrine as it is relitively cheap and easy to obtain.

My first assumption is that it would be somewhat propotional to their respective fat burning abilites. But as the article stated the dosages were not equal.

So I suppose my question is how would they compare as energy enhancers given equal dosages?

Thanks.

rmag2447

Awards
Hi, this is my first post here and I have a question, as opposed to starting a new thread I figured I'd ask here.

I read the link posted above about synephrine and ephedrine as fat burners. But how do they compare as far as energy is concerned? I was considering buyins some synephrine as it is relitively cheap and easy to obtain.

My first assumption is that it would be somewhat propotional to their respective fat burning abilites. But as the article stated the dosages were not equal.

So I suppose my question is how would they compare as energy enhancers given equal dosages?

Thanks.
Ephedrine > Synephrine in all categories

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Syneph doesn't give me much in the way of an increase in energy. It does help with appetite suppression for me though.