Do Fat Blockers work!?

galvatron

Awards
Anyone know if/which fat/carb blockers really work!?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah some do but not over anything i've been able to do in much greater effects using proper dieting.

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
I work at a supplement store, and was gonna give the carb blockers a try. But from what I read they can cause bloating, stomach ache, plus problems on the ****ter. So i decided against it. I heard the fat blockers have a few less sides and actually work. Chitostan then main ingedient derived from shellfish effectivly absorbs the fat, flushing out of your system.

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
yeah these things give you diarrhea. I don't think they are useful... if you need to buy them then you are just taking a shortcut when you could just change your diet accordingly and you would save money not hving to worry whether or not it's actually working.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Look into Cialabol, and Glucophase XR these are excellent partitioning agents that will aid in fatloss. Also look into PGX fiber, a blend of fiber shown to lower glucose/insulin levels up to 40%! I'd worry more about keeping insulin levels nice n low than fat.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer to focus on the quality of my diet, ensuring that all of food that I'm eating providing the type of nutrients that I want for my body to absorb. Therefore, the idea of fat/carb blockers seems to be a waste. As Chaps mentioned, you'd be better off looking into supplements that help in partioning the calories you intake more effectively.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dietary fat (depending on the source of course) is not bad. So lets say you had a product that blocked a very large portion of fat. Its effect would be to make you worse off than before and worsen your health. If you could selectively blocks certains fats that would be useful, but that doesn't exist.

Diet change is the best bet, once you've done that you can tweak things with the partitioners mentioned (i'm partial to gxr of course). Other products that can help you get the most out of your food are things like sesamin (a few brands out there now), our melting point (a tta product), etc. Another very inexpensive way is to help your digestive system out with probiotics and inulin (usually FOS/Inulin is dirt cheap).

Again, there is no real substitue for having a better diet and exercising. Those two are the foundation, and with that you can add several things to make it even better. Without it, no product will give you a lasting effect that you want, and can unfortunately create bigger problems after you stop.

TSC

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If anyone really wants to try a more effective fat blocker (many times more effective than Chitosan), I can donate some Kinospherine.

If it gets a decent review, we can carry it.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'de love to try it but I don't see it on your site at all. Can I be a tester if you are looking for some?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not on the site, but is offered by my girlfriend's company. I can get samples if you want to test it out and keep a log.

If it turns out to be something interesting, I can easily carry it.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heck yea I'de like to try it, would be great damage control I would think. Some guy on the Avant forum was also asking what to take for damage control while going to Vegas, maybe he could also see how it works. Should I shoot you an email?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoot me PM or email me at [email protected]. I'll look into dosage and have her send me a kilo or so to divide amongst 10 or so people.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look into Cialabol, and Glucophase XR these are excellent partitioning agents that will aid in fatloss. Also look into PGX fiber, a blend of fiber shown to lower glucose/insulin levels up to 40%! I'd worry more about keeping insulin levels nice n low than fat.
I just wanted to add to your post with some more ways to keep insulin levels down:

Alpha Lipoic Acids
Chromium polynicotinate
Vanadyl sulfate
banaba extract (one of the active components of cialobol)

a dash of cinnamon 6-8x per day also works really really well

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, it appears there is some interest here. I'll go ahead and grab a kilo then send out samples for board testing.

This should be interesting and informative.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sure did. I'll place the order tomorrow and send everything out ASAP.

We should be able to have some logs begun by next week. This should be good timing, with the Holidays coming up.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
man i'd love a chance to try a fat blocker :p

*munches on icecream*

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If we release this as a supplement, do you think the name "Gluttony" would be offensive?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could call it heyfatass for all I care as long as it works i'm buying it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With a name like "heyfatass" we would definitely have to make it suppository.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't expecting anything else :)

Of course you can call it Gerbilfill™

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does that mean I win? :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah man, i'll have to conceed on this one. You win :) I'm still laughing :p

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This will be great for the holidays, in fact, you should make an all around Damage control product, this would be a very unique product for the holiday season. Could combine:

Kinospherine
TTA
Sesamin (if you could get that in bulk)
Green Tea
NA-K-rALA
White Kidney Bean Extract (block some carbs)

That would be the magic pill!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I have something going on along these lines, minus the Kino.

I'm working with DS and Avant to finalize it and get it out before the holiday season starts.

You will all be quite pleased, I'm sure.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
but if the kino works out, you gotta add that to the mix!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For you? Anything

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you get the kino in yet? Never heard back from ya.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will be meeting with this particular supplier in Vegas this week.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Advice: Never mix business with pleasure. I refuse to do business with this company anymore...so I am looking to step around them.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bad times at a strip club?? Did they get you a lap dance from a midget?