Food of the Gods

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Originally posted by YellowJacket

I'll assume you havent looked around the board then since you jump right in to make an ignorant comment.
    You should be able to take a compliment.

Perhaps you should look at Steves post now wouldn't you agree it is just a BIT more helpful???

I did NOT understand your post hence my confusion.

It would be much appreciated if you could clarify it.

I am a newbie and trying to learn.

2. Banned
    Answers

Originally posted by CROWLER

Unlike this post which to me was confusing and adds nothing in the way of helping other board members.

Sorry man, but I dont need your approval or permission to make a post. Nor do you need to talk down to me and say my post adds nothing to this board, if you look around, Ive done quite a bit for this board, forgive me for making 1 post that doesnt meet your standards.

Anyways, can you point me in the direction of a LEGIT study that shows GR is approved for fitness application? No. There's not one. Not many people get 80 grams of protein in 1 sitting unless you're a pro bodybuilder and you're bulking. So GR is a waste of money or your average joe and novice bodybuilder.

GR is deisgned to reduce motion sickness, nausea and vomiting. It contains an enzyme that aids in GI track's stability and free movement. This is for extremely high protein diets. I dont know how much you weight, but unless you're consuming about 375+ grams of protein a day, its not needed.
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 12-31-2002 at 07:25 PM.
  3. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Sorry man, but I dont need your approval or permission to make a post. Nor do you need to talk down to me and say my post adds nothing to this board, if you look around, Ive done quite a bit for this board, forgive me for making 1 post that doesnt meet your standards.

Anyways, can you point me in the direction of a LEGIT study that shows GR is approved for fitness application? No. There's not one. Not many people get 80 grams of protein in 1 sitting unless you're a pro bodybuilder and you're bulking. So GR is a waste of money or your average joe and novice bodybuilder.
    I think you misunderstood.

I do NOT know for sure if it helps or not. That is why I am asking YOU>

As I say I am a newbie so I was hoping you might expand on why it is a waste of money to use ginger root.

A what amount of protein intake would you recommend ginger root or do you think it is useless?

I just figured for a few pennies a day it is worth a shot.

I guess I will now reconsider.

Thanks for the help.
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

If you have the money and you feel it is helping, by all means continue use. But dont let the placebo fool you, I personally dont think there are any noticeable signs of positive results physically, maybe physiologically. Take those pennies and put them towards some liver tabs.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Originally posted by SteveDFW

Ginger root (about 1,500-2,000mg) has worked well for me when I take in longer amounts of protein at a sitting (50-80 grams).

If you are taking in around 30 grams of protein a sitting it is probably not needed.
    I agree when I take slin my protein shake has 70 grams of protein so I figure do the Ginger root just incase.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Can someone tell me why anyone should use liver tabs? This is the waste organ of the body, why would I want this as a supplement?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    Can someone tell me why anyone should use liver tabs? This is the waste organ of the body, why would I want this as a supplement?
    LMAO! Read this http://www.bdcnutrition.com/forum/sh...p;threadid=334

8. Banned
    Answers

http://www.bdcnutrition.com/forum/sh...=&threadid=334

Theres a FAQ I wrote up, just another one of my useless, posts here. And dont get the liver and kidney's mixed up.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Ha! Beat you to it!
  10. Registered User
    Answers

All I can say is prove it. I can get everything that link says liver tabs has without taking in whatever else it has in it. It is the waste organ for godsakes!! Toxins are filtered thru the liver.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

All I can say is prove it. I can get everything that link says liver tabs has without taking in whatever else it has in it. It is the waste organ for godsakes!! Toxins are filtered thru the liver.
    Nothing personal but how much do you really know about supps? I dont know you so I dont know your background but your not going to find a better, cheaper, source for Aminos anywhere.....
  12. Banned
    Answers

Oh lord.....ask around and read the feedback in that thread about how many people use them and like them. I cant come to your house, flex my muscles and tell you liver tabs made me big, so I dont know how to prove it to you. You can indeed get all of that through your diet, but you can also get all your omegas (no need for flax) all of your vitamins (no need for a multi vitamin), creatine (no need for a creatine supplement), glutamine (no need for a glutamine supplement, etc. The list goes on, you can get a lot of things from your diet, but can you get enough of them to successfully build your body? Doubtful. Thats my supplements are out there. These liver tabs are as pure as it gets, I cant really prove it, but I know no one has died from taking them, so I dont know what else to tell you besides dont buy them if you dont think you will benefit from them, I certainly have as have many others and for $10 per 500, I'll continue to buy them.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

I know a good deal, ever learning. It's just I can't get past the part that this is the organ that filters the toxic crap from your system. Whatever vitamins, amino acids, whatever it has in it, you have to be taking in some serious toxins also. You have to, your eating the organ that collects that stuff. All I'm saying is why would I want waste and toxins to get stuff I can get elsewhere?
  14. Banned
    Answers

I know a good deal, ever learning. It's just I can't get past the part that this is the organ that filters the toxic crap from your system. Whatever vitamins, amino acids, whatever it has in it, you have to be taking in some serious toxins also. You have to, your eating the organ that collects that stuff. All I'm saying is why would I want waste and toxins to get stuff I can get elsewhere?
    These are not from human liver, these come from pure grade, hormone-free, argentine cattle. When you eat grass and live and roam out in a field in the middle of no where, I dont think you're getting too many toxins.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Ok, now that is a point. I just wanted to know, I've never tried them, so I don't know. I just keep think of all of the crap we put in our bodies and I don't want most it

Hell I try it out, give you my feed back after a month.

Thanks
  16. Registered User
    Answers

These are not from human liver, these come from pure grade, hormone-free, argentine cattle. When you eat grass and live and roam out in a field in the middle of no where, I dont think you're getting too many toxins.
    Bingo!
  17. Banned
    Answers

Ok, now that is a point. I just wanted to know, I've never tried them, so I don't know. I just keep think of all of the crap we put in our bodies and I don't want most it

Hell I try it out, give you my feed back after a month.

Thanks
    Thats what I like to hear.... www.dpsnutritio.com has them for a little over $10. Best of luck with them, creatine makes a great stacking tool with them also, let us know how it goes.....
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Found them at this link for $8.40.

http://www.fastvitamins.com/thestore/prods/230002.html
  19. Banned
    Answers

Damn, you are God! Thats clutch, let us know how the service is with this place, you might have a great find there....
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Thats for the 250 count. Our price was for the 500 count. Go where YJ sent ya.
  21. Banned
    Answers

Originally posted by windwords7

Thats for the 250 count. Our price was for the 500 count. Go where YJ sent ya.
    Oh yea, Just wanted to see if you guys caught it too
  22. Registered User
    Answers

<SPAN class=titlethumb>Universal Uni Liver&nbsp;-&nbsp;500 Tab</SPAN><SPAN class=descthumb></SPAN><SPAN class=pricetitle>
    DPS Price: </SPAN><SPAN class=price>$10.45</SPAN><SPAN class=smtext>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ;&nbsp;&nbsp;Item#: UV039</SPAN>
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry, I'm an idiot. Getting a head start on the new year, Cabo Wabo Tequila works everytime!(In my best Billy Dee Williams voice).

Saw the price and posted without looking at the facts. Sorry
  24. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Oh lord.....ask around and read the feedback in that thread about how many people use them and like them. I cant come to your house, flex my muscles and tell you liver tabs made me big, so I dont know how to prove it to you. You can indeed get all of that through your diet, but you can also get all your omegas (no need for flax) all of your vitamins (no need for a multi vitamin), creatine (no need for a creatine supplement), glutamine (no need for a glutamine supplement, etc. The list goes on, you can get a lot of things from your diet, but can you get enough of them to successfully build your body? Doubtful. Thats my supplements are out there. These liver tabs are as pure as it gets, I cant really prove it, but I know no one has died from taking them, so I dont know what else to tell you besides dont buy them if you dont think you will benefit from them, I certainly have as have many others and for $10 per 500, I'll continue to buy them.

No flam just an observation.

HA HA This is VERY close to the post I was going to put up about ginger root when you asked me for an unbiased study as to the benefits of ginger root.

Guess we think alike perhaps more than you think.

Just a thought.
  25. Registered User
    Answers
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry, $9.50

Heres the link, scroll down

http://www.discountsupps.com/weightgain2.htm
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Take those pennies and put them towards some liver tabs.
    Actually, I found that the ginger root got rid of the gas I was getting from the liver pills. I have been taken 6 Universal Liver pills at a time.

Yuu must remember though, I am 38years old and as one ages their digestive system can deminish. This could be why ginger root really makes a difference to me.

I do know that less than 1,500mg of ginger root is worthless. I have found a combination of 1,000mg of ginger root and 2 capsules of complete digestive enzymes seem to work very well.

Just like most supplements, some folks they work for and some they do not.

Crowler, I do agree that YJ is a very knowlegable individual and has posted some great articles on these boards as well as helping other bro's. We are learn from each other.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Damn Foxx how many more misstakes are you going to make in one day bro. Stay away from the tequila while you are writing on the boards bro. You can get it right the first time instead of having to correct yourself every 30 seconds.
  29. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Originally posted by SteveDFW

Actually, I found that the ginger root got rid of the gas I was getting from the liver pills. I have been taken 6 Universal Liver pills at a time.

Yuu must remember though, I am 38years old and as one ages their digestive system can deminish. This could be why ginger root really makes a difference to me.

I do know that less than 1,500mg of ginger root is worthless. I have found a combination of 1,000mg of ginger root and 2 capsules of complete digestive enzymes seem to work very well.

Just like most supplements, some folks they work for and some they do not.

Crowler, I do agree that YJ is a very knowlegable individual and has posted some great articles on these boards as well as helping other bro's. We are learn from each other.

Good info on the ginger root I will up my dosage a little, thanks.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by CROWLER
    Good info on the ginger root I will up my dosage a little, thanks.
    Up it a lot, and have fresh ginger smellin poo. I take a few digestive enzyme pills per day, usually in the morning, but since I've started taking liver tabs by the handful I always include ginger root. At the very least it helps with the smell, and that's good enough for the gf. I go through a few shakes per day and drink a **** load of skim milk as well and never have gas, never feel bloated etc. As of this morning I weigh 286 lbs, so obviously that's a lot of food. Like YJ (though he feels differently about them) said, if you can afford it and feel it's doing something for you (or significant other), it can't hurt.
    Last edited by Biggs; 01-01-2003 at 01:00 PM.
  31. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

HA HA HA bro I was reading your post and didn't understand the ginger smelling part then I got it. HA HA

VERY funny.

Cool to know about the ginger root and no gas with all that milk. I actually wondered why I didn't have gas then did then didn't. Now I realize it was the 2 days I was out of ginger.

Good info.
  32. Registered User
    Answers

First off, I make sure to consume 1 gram of protein for each pound of my body weight. I get half of my protein from food (tuna is the major source for me) and half from a MRP (Prolab Lean Mass Matrix usually) or a protein bar (occasional). Without sufficient protein everything else would be a waste. As for supplements:

Multi that includes saw palmetto and green tea extract
    R-ALA (200 mg, three times a day = 600 mg)
    DIM (for estrogen maintenance but reconsidering based on some
    negative input)
    FL7 (Avant Lab's topical 7-keto, otherwise I would take 100 mg
    orally)
    Barleens Flax Oil (2 tablespoons daily)
    NYC (hard to find - carried by anabolicfitness but I have learned
    that kilosports carries it as well)
  33. Registered User
    Answers

Forgot to mention that I take 5 grams of Creatine (Prolab Creapure)
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Eh, what the hell:

1 Optimum Whey, Chocolate Mint (good ****, may try Pro Rated next)

2 Universal's UniLiver (fragrant, beautiful, tasty treats from heaven)

3 Barlean's Flax Oil/Flax Meal (nutty, mild, goes down smooth... I add the meal to all kinds of **** as well)

5 Vitamin C (... vitamin C)

Others come and go, but these are the staples.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Here's my supp. regiment:
    1. 10 grams Creatine daily
    2. Optimum's Whey
    3. B-Complex 100 mg. 400 i.u. vit-E, 1000 mg. vit-C, multi minerals.
    4. Dextrose
    Whuile cutting I add the following.
    1. Xenadrine RFA-1
    2. 1-Test
    3. 4-AD
    While bulking.
    1. 1-Test
    2. 4-AD
  36. Registered User
    Answers

I use:
    Pro-rated whey
    skim milk powder
    phsyllium husks
    multi vit/min
    vit C
    B complex
    liver tabs
    Oh ****, I gotta go buy some flax!
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Here goes

Optimum Pro Complex 2x/day
    Optimum Whey 1x/day
    Glutamine 20gs/day (till I run out) YJ you better be right about this one. =)
    Oatmeal 2cps/day (I put this on here, because it replaced my malto supping
    Prolab Creapure 10gs/day
    Multi
    Vita C
    Health from the Sun Flax oil 3tbs/day
    NYC (just started it)

Water 1+gal/day (the best supp)
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Mine:

Uni-liver Tabs
    Vit C
    Vit E
    Creatine
    Isopure Whey (No Carb, Just Isolate)
    PF Night time Formula (Yuck!)
    Calcium
    Dex/Malto
    Flax
    Multi-vit

Water - 110 fl.oz/day
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Here's mine

Liver tabs
    creatine
    multi
    ZMA ( YEah YJ kick me in the nuts =) )
    Tribulus Terrestris <-- is only used for prostate and hard ons not bodybu
    vitamin E
    Calcium
    ALA-R
    Whey Protein Complex Optimum Nutrition
    Glucosamine

Flaxseed Oil

Ultra Fuel for post workout , P.S. Currently testing bobo's oatmeal with protein post workout.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MV: BLR Stack of the Gods(Follidrone, Form, & Tongk/Boron)
    By MultiVitamin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 10:42 AM
  2. Clearshot// Nectar Of the Gods
    By truthornothin in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
  3. Replies: 422
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 07:47 PM
  5. Fatty food takes its toll of the French