Basic Cuts + Tums Question

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Quick question guys, can't seem to find answer anywhere. Will an antacid product such as tums have any effect on the thermogenic properties of pepper products (caspian?) such as Basic Cuts? I get really bad acid reflux from em, but love the energy boost. Thanks.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
That sounds like a pretty good question. This is probably a reach......IF there is an Rx Capsaisin product out there, just check the p.i. to see if absorbtion is pH dependent. I'll check around but I have no direct experience with your question. Good luck with your search.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
The only info I could find dealt with the topical version, Zostrix. Even if it IS pH dependent, just time your antacid dose so that your stim gets a good 45 minutes WITH plenty of acid to be absorbed. In other words, just don't take them together. Hope that helps. I'll continue searching for the answer though. Now I want to know!

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Quick question guys, can't seem to find answer anywhere. Will an antacid product such as tums have any effect on the thermogenic properties of pepper products (caspian?) such as Basic Cuts? I get really bad acid reflux from em, but love the energy boost. Thanks.

I don't think antacid would hurt the effect, but it would be better if you could take BC without having to use them. Are you taking Basic Cuts with or without food? I would recommend taking it with some food (doesn't have to be much) and wash the caps down with plenty of water. Also, you could try spacing out the caps (ie, take one then wait 20 minutes or so for the next). Do you get the reflux with one cap too?

TSC

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fatburner2007 Supplements 8
r6lift Supplements 7
Supplements 2
ShadowFury Supplements 4
bigpapa Supplements 0