Avoid Chemicals, Foods and Herbs that Act as Estrogens

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Avoid Chemicals, Foods and Herbs that Act as Estrogens

Source: Women's Therapeutic Institute

Phytoestrogens, Naturally Occurring Plant Estrogens Plants produce chemicals that mimic estrogen, and block progesterone. In general, it is thought that they tend to wash out of the body within several days in contrast to months or decades that the xenoestrogens take to be excreted. Whole grains, fruits, seeds, beans and herbs all are know to have estrogen and/or progesterone activity. In general, any food that has been eaten by a culture or people group for centuries is probably all right to eat if the people group in question is relatively free from these estrogen related diseases.

When referring to phytoestrogens, it is generally thought that a "weak" estrogen may actually be protective against cancer causing xenoestrogens. The best example, is Lilian Thompson PhD’s work that showed that oral ground flax seed reduced breast cancer size to one half between the time of diagnosis and surgery. A strong phytoestrogen may actually make the disease worse. Again the list that follows is incomplete because of the lack of research money and interest:

Coffee is a known phytoestrogen. Coffee is commonly known to make fibrocystic breast disease worse. It is not thought to be the caffeine, but coffee itself mimics estrogen strongly. Thus, decaffinated coffee still may be estrogenic.

Clover, Red Clover tea, Alfalfa Sprouts. Australian sheep grazing on imported European clover developed still births and sterility 3 years later. Finally, formononetin was determined to be the culprit. Formononetin mimics estrogen.

Sunflower Seeds. Coumestrol found in sunflower seeds when fed to the mother rat caused permanent reproductive problems in the rat pups: female pups when grown did not ovulate, and the male pups had altered mounting behavior and fewer ejaculations. Neonatal rats and immature rats exposed to coumestrol had premature estrous cycles. Flax seed oil and Soy oil are known NOT have the active phytoestrogens. Sunflower oil MAY or MAY NOT have active hormone components in it.

Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot) During the fourth century B.C., Hipocrates noted that Queen Anne's Lace prevented pregnancies. It is now know that that seeds contain a chemical know to block progesterone needed to maintain a pregnancy.

Pomegranate The Greeks used this plant as a contraceptive. Modern research confirms strong estrogen activity.

Fennel Used in the ancient world to prevent pregnancy and precipitate abortions.

Licorice, Red Clover, Yucca, Hops (Beer) and Motherwort David Zava, PhD showed that these herbs stimulated estrogen receptor positive breast cancer cells to grow. Red Clover and Yucca were found to be equal in potency to estradiol at the same concentrations. Women who harvest hops for beer begin menstruating 2 days later anecdotally. Zava has confirmed that beer has a significant amount of phytoestrogens that have moderate estrogen activity from hops used in the flavoring of beer.

Bloodroot, Ocotillo, Mandrake, Oregano, Damiana, Pennyroyal, Verbenna, Nutmeg, Tumeric, Yucca, Thyme, Calamus rt., Red Clover, Goldenseal, Licorice, Mistletoe, Cumin, Fennel, Camomille, Cloves. There are separate estrogen and progesterone receptors. Zava, PhD was able to show that the above herbs are able to bind to the progesterone receptor. These herbs would compete against any natural progesterone taken and should also be avoided.

Interestingly enough all the progesterone binding herbs were antagonists or neutral meaning they competed against progesterone and worked against it or blocked progesterone. None of them were progesterone stimulators.

Bloodroot, mandrake, pennyroyal, yucca, and mistletoe all have very strong progesterone binding activity and are used as abortifacents (create an abortion), and to bring on menses. Bloodroot was used in England to treat breast cancer 100 years ago, and was used by Native Americans to treat surface tumors. Herbalists today use it to treat breast cancers, nasal polyps, and cervical dysplasia. Mistletoe has been used for 100 years in Europe to treat breast cancer and leukemia.

Herbs that Suppress Breast Cancer Cell Growth Zava, PhD also found that Mandrake, Bloodroot, and Juniper stunted the growth of BOTH estrogen receptor positive breast cancer cells and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells. Saliva estradiol results also showed very low estradiol in women taking the Chinese herb Dong Quai. It is thought that Dong Quai suppresses estradiol synthesis.

Chemicals that Mimic Estrogens (Xenoestrogens) In last decade, new research has come to light that demonstrates that synthetic chemicals that are very different in structure to estrogen may act as an estrogen. The Xenoestrogen in question may either bind to the receptor strongly or weakly. It may also stimulate the receptor strongly or weakly to imitate the effect of estrogen, or it may elicit a response that is an abnormal estrogen response. Thus, these chemicals can cause breast cancer, uterine cancer, fibrocystic breast disease, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, premature sexual development and uterine fibromas. Some have hypothesized that since the prostate and uterus are embyrologically the same, xenoestrogens may also cause benign prostatic hypertrophy and prostate cancer. Critics have proclaimed that these chemicals are for the most part "weak". However, they exist in the body in concentrations 100’s to 1000’s of times of the natural body hormones; also one researcher demonstrated that two "weak" estrogens may act synergistically to give a strong estrogen response. Some of these Xenoestrogens like DDE (a metabolite of DDT) may persist in the body fat for decades. Since this is a new field of research only a few chemicals have been tested (this by definition is an incomplete list), and are listed below:

Pesticides & Herbicides such as DDT, endosulfan, dieldrin, methoxychlor, kepone, toxaphene, chlordane, and other chlorinated hydrocarbons. DDT is banned in the U.S. Baby roosters exposed to DDT grew up looking like hens. The U.S. produces it and ships it to other countries. However, it is present in imported produce. DDT found in the fat of U.S. citizens is traced to imported produce. Combinations of the other pesticides above are found on U.S. produce that exceed FDA safe levels, and are typically greater on U.S. produce compared to imported produce. Synergistic effect is know to occur between pesticides yielding greater toxicity and estrogen effect. However, exact combinations and levels are unknown. Farms, lawns and golf courses use pesticides and herbicides that easily enter the body through the skin and lungs. Golf courses use 7 times the amount of pesticides than farmers use.

Products associated with plastics such as bisphenol A and pthalates. Bisphenol-A was originally designed for use a synthetic estrogen replacement. It was found to work quite well as an antioxidant to prevent plastic from breaking down in the sunlight. Bisphenol-A is used in drinking water bottles, plastics used in baby bottles, plastics used to pack food, and some dental composites. Pthalates along with excess estrogen given to chicken used as food were suspected to cause girls as young as 18 months to begin to menstruate in Puerto Rico in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s.

In one Dartmouth University study, the researchers found that plastic wrap with olive oil heated in a microwave produced a concentration of xenoestrogens 500,000 times the minimum amount of estrogen needed to produce breast cancer cell proliferation in a test tube.

Bishphenol-A contamination was also found in the majority of canned food as high as 27 times the minimum amount of estrogen needed to stimulate breast cancer cells to grow in the test tube.

Pharmaceuticals such as drug estrogens (Prempro, DES, and Premarin), Cimetidine( Tagamet), Marajuana, and Birth Control Pills. The Physician’s Desk Reference (PDR) lists gynecomastia (breast enlargement in men) as a side effect for Tagamet. Many of the synthetic estrogens are chemically modified to be different from naturally occurring estrogen to increase profits from a patented drug. Thus, they may have grave side effects. Also there is some evidence that they may be stored in the fat for months.

Ordinary Household Products such as breakdown products from laundry detergent and dish detergent that include nonylphenol, octylphenol and spermicide. Laundry detergent persists in the clothes even after washing gets on the skin and is broken down by bacteria. It is then absorbed by the skin. If an estrogen is taken orally it is 80-90% first pass metabolized by the liver before entering the body. In other words, the body only gets 10% of the estrogen when taken orally. By contrast anything absorbed by the skin goes directly into the body. Looked at another way, anything on the skin has an effective concentration that is 10 times that of an oral dose.

Industrial chemicals such a PCB’s (polycholrinated biphenyls). This is an industrial oil used in electrical transformers that is now banned in the U.S. However, it persists in the environment and the fat of animals for decades. It bioaccumulates in the fat and of course, top of the pyramid predators such as polar bears. PCB’s been implicated in dropping polar bea fertility in Greenland.

Commercially raised meat such as pork, chicken and beef. Industry supporters claim that the estrogen in estrogen supplemented feedlot meat washes out of the animals’ system in several weeks. However there is some evidence to suggest that the estrogens persist in the fat for several months. Europe has refused to import American and Canadian beef because of this issue. This bone of contention has been the basis for a trade war for several years.

Chemicals, Food, Herbs that are Estrogenic

Catshmat

Awards
The plant ones are avoidable. It's the synthetic estrogens that are scary. There is no one in the US that does not have at least some PCB in their fat and there is evidence that it can even pass to a fetus through the placenta (no doubt about breast milk). Our Stolen Future is a good book to depress you about this subject.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about the synthetic estrogens - parabens. They show up mostly in hygeine products (hair gels, shampoo, etc.). I think they're in foods, too.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about the synthetic estrogens - parabens. They show up mostly in hygeine products (hair gels, shampoo, etc.). I think they're in foods, too.

Ya I cut that part out because you only allowed so many characters in a post, so I added the link to read further. :)

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I was just listening to NPR's science Friday edition and there was a scientist on talking about how male fish found in the Potomac were showing both male and female sex traits due to being exposed to enviromental pollutants that mimic estrogen.

Here is the link, NPR : What Do 'Intersex' Fish Mean for Water Quality? the full audio version will be available at 6:00 PM. So don't drink water anymore either.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just listening to NPR's science Friday edition and there was a scientist on talking about how male fish found in the Potomac were showing both male and female sex traits due to being exposed to enviromental pollutants that mimic estrogen.

Thats crazy!!!!! Maybe there will be no shortage of fish then, or they will inner breed and become monstas!!!!

Catshmat

Awards
The book I mentioned talks about many of those kinds of studies, including some on humans. Is there evidence that parabens are absorbed transdermally?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
It's interesting that soy was nowhere on the list.

More importantly, what foods help free testosterone?

I can think of brussel sprouts and cabbage.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Brocolli helps to flush excess estrogen out of the body. And since we are talking about things to lower testosterone, stay away from licorice, wine gums and corn syrup.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, beans, oysters, fish and a bunch of other foods (paticularly green and white foods) have positive effects on hormone levels.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
With oysters I believe i read somewhere that it's the zinc in them that causes your hormones to rise.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Men should also refrain from wearing pink shirts and carrying handbags. Both have known correlations to increased estro & lower test.

helesen

Awards
Alfalfa, CLA and tribulus

Do you thing a combination of those 3 suplements can cause any problem?

alfalfa 5000mg a day
cla 3000 a day
tribulus 2400 a day

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you know if that is true for all mushrooms?
Bump ...and also got any evidence that Mushrooms have Ai;s in them and bump for the above, which shrooms, all? certain ones? First lets establish if they are an Ai,,,then which ones or visa..

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
"Coffee is a known phytoestrogen. Coffee is commonly known to make fibrocystic breast disease worse. It is not thought to be the caffeine, but coffee itself mimics estrogen strongly. Thus, decaffinated coffee still may be estrogenic."

:(

Good thing I get most of my caffeine from other sources then coffee.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I was watching something on 60 minutes i think.. about how women using products like birth control and what not then using the bathroom, the water then gets filtered and used again. but they dont have any filters for hormones in the water. they where saying this is one of the main reasons for girls premature development and the drop in mens sperm count.. might have to buy stock in arimidex. :(

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
My guess would be white buttom mushrooms. They were used in Ultra H.O.T.ter & Rebound Reloaded, both AI-based test-boosters.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm still waiting to see some double blind placebo controlled published studies exemplifying these thoughts.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was reading this and wondering, maybe including a light natural anti e thats legal, not research chem. that could be taken every day. Kind of take it like when we take our multis. Is this possible, with out problems.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Indole-3-carbinol

This is something that I have been looking at, seems about what I was talking about.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Indole-3-carbinol

This is something that I have been looking at, seems about what I was talking about.
Indole-3-carbinol is found in Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower and some other foods. It is responsible basically for good estrogen. you can break the estrogen down.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found in the recent muscular devlopment magazine with Tony Freeman on the front sporting his X frame.

Dandruff Shampoo can cause Gynecomastia.-Actually its Lavender and Tree Tea Oils

Lavender and Tree Tea Oils found in many Dandruff products tigger Gyno.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Found in the recent muscular devlopment magazine with Tony Freeman on the front sporting his X frame.

Dandruff Shampoo can cause Gynecomastia.-Actually its Lavender and Tree Tea Oils

Lavender and Tree Tea Oils found in many Dandruff products tigger Gyno.
that sucks if you have dandruff.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that sucks if you have dandruff.
I think your reading the message wrongly. It says Tree tea oils and Lavander which are in SOME dandraff shampoos, or any other product that has this contents. do you see what it means?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Nizoral for the win! Anti-dandruff and blocks DHT on the scalp. :) Hopefully with no tea or lavender - I'm at work, so I can't check.

Otherwise, that would really suck. Flakes would show up easily on manboobs, lol.

I love my mushrooms, oysters and fish, but I have to work on my brussel sprout, cabbage and broccoli intake.

I think latex also increases estrogen and decreases testosterone. I have no proof to back it up, but that's what I plan on telling the ladies... ;)

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't think estrogen levels in men could affected by any of these foods considering that the male and female bodies are set up completely different. The only way I can see estrogen levels being changed in a man are if they inject pure estrogen. Other than that, I can't conceive how things like soy or foods can raise estrogen levels significantly enough to do any harm whatsoever.

Just my thoughts...:think:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I didn't think estrogen levels in men could affected by any of these foods considering that the male and female bodies are set up completely different. The only way I can see estrogen levels being changed in a man are if they inject pure estrogen. Other than that, I can't conceive how things like soy or foods can raise estrogen levels significantly enough to do any harm whatsoever.

Just my thoughts...:think:
Whether or not they can raise endogenous levels is incosequential as the phytoestrogens act upon tissues directly AS an estrogen would which is tantamount to higher E levels.

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does any one know, for a fact, if White bottom mushrooms are the kind of mushrooms that are A.I's?

Any one know a list of mushrooms thats are A.I's?

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Articles
White Button Mushroom Phytochemicals Inhibit Aromatase Activity and Breast Cancer Cell Proliferation1 ,2
Baiba J Grube3, Elizabeth T. Eng, Yeh-Chih Kao, Annette Kwon and Shiuan Chen4

Division of Immunology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010

4To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].

Estrogen is a major factor in the development of breast cancer. In situ estrogen production by aromatase/estrogen synthetase in breast cancer plays a dominant role in tumor proliferation. Because natural compounds such as flavones and isoflavones have been shown to be inhibitors of aromatase, it is thought that vegetables that contain these phytochemicals can inhibit aromatase activity and suppress breast cancer cell proliferation. Heat-stable extracts were prepared from vegetables and screened for their ability to inhibit aromatase activity in a human placental microsome assay. The white button mushroom (species Agaricus bisporus) suppressed aromatase activity dose dependently. Enzyme kinetics demonstrated mixed inhibition, suggesting the presence of multiple inhibitors or more than one inhibitory mechanism. "In cell" aromatase activity and cell proliferation were measured using MCF-7aro, an aromatase-transfected breast cancer cell line. Phytochemicals in the mushroom aqueous extract inhibited aromatase activity and proliferation of MCF-7aro cells. These results suggest that diets high in mushrooms may modulate the aromatase activity and function in chemoprevention in postmenopausal women by reducing the in situ production of estrogen.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Epidemiology and Prevention
Anti-Aromatase Activity of Phytochemicals in White Button Mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus)
Shiuan Chen1, Sei-Ryang Oh1, Sheryl Phung1, Gene Hur1, Jing Jing Ye1, Sum Ling Kwok1, Gayle E. Shrode2, Martha Belury2, Lynn S. Adams1 and Dudley Williams1

1 Department of Surgical Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California and 2 Department of Human Nutrition, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio

Requests for reprints: Shiuan Chen, Department of Surgical Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010. Phone: 626-256-4673, ext. 63454; Fax: 626-301-8972; E-mail: [email protected].

White button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporous) are a potential breast cancer chemopreventive agent, as they suppress aromatase activity and estrogen biosynthesis. Therefore, we evaluated the activity of mushroom extracts in the estrogen receptor–positive/aromatase-positive MCF-7aro cell line in vitro and in vivo. Mushroom extract decreased testosterone-induced cell proliferation in MCF-7aro cells but had no effect on MCF-10A, a nontumorigenic cell line. Most potent mushroom chemicals are soluble in ethyl acetate. The major active compounds found in the ethyl acetate fraction are unsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic acid, linolenic acid, and conjugated linoleic acid. The interaction of linoleic acid and conjugated linoleic acid with aromatase mutants expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells showed that these fatty acids inhibit aromatase with similar potency and that mutations at the active site regions affect its interaction with these two fatty acids. Whereas these results suggest that these two compounds bind to the active site of aromatase, the inhibition kinetic analysis indicates that they are noncompetitive inhibitors with respect to androstenedione. Because only conjugated linoleic acid was found to inhibit the testosterone-dependent proliferation of MCF-7aro cells, the physiologically relevant aromatase inhibitors in mushrooms are most likely conjugated linoleic acid and its derivatives. The in vivo action of mushroom chemicals was shown using nude mice injected with MCF-7aro cells. The studies showed that mushroom extract decreased both tumor cell proliferation and tumor weight with no effect on rate of apoptosis. Therefore, our studies illustrate the anticancer activity in vitro and in vivo of mushroom extract and its major fatty acid constituents. (Cancer Res 2006; 66(24): 12026-34)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
are there any studies to back up these claims?
Not really....most of this is just speculation.....especially with the phytoestrogens. The actions in the body are very complex. Some phytoestrogens will bind with receptors but not activate them....thus actually blocking estrogen from activating them. Some will bind and activate.

For men, it would be prudent to avoid as many of these as possible but there isn't really much actual scientific proof of them being a problem (yet).

There's more evidence for the xenoestrogens being a problem especially in populations that live in them (fish and amphibians).

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Not really....most of this is just speculation.....especially with the phytoestrogens. The actions in the body are very complex. Some phytoestrogens will bind with receptors but not activate them....thus actually blocking estrogen from activating them. Some will bind and activate.

For men, it would be prudent to avoid as many of these as possible but there isn't really much actual scientific proof of them being a problem (yet).

There's more evidence for the xenoestrogens being a problem especially in populations that live in them (fish and amphibians).
I have read that soy will bind to estrogen receptors but not activate them which is a good thing. I am starting to think that soy protein may have earned an undeserved bad rep. Probably a conspiracy by Whey manufacturers.:think:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I have read that soy will bind to estrogen receptors but not activate them which is a good thing. I am starting to think that soy protein may have earned an undeserved bad rep. Probably a conspiracy by Whey manufacturers.:think:
Well, this is how it acts in female breast tissue. That's the reason women who consume a lot of soy have lower rates of breast cancer. Many breast cancers are driven by estrogen (not all) and it is believed that the soy phytoestrogens block the receptors so that the real estrogens cannot activate them.

Now, if this just means excess estrogen in a woman's system, then it will probably just do something else in the body that isn't negative.

However, this might do something very different in men. It could simply increase the total estrogen load in men...with the "excess" estrogen (that being blocked from binding by the phytoestrogen), going to do something negative in the male body.

This is a very interesting area but the questions are far from answered. Some of the xenoestrogens really spook me because they bind with body fat and don't have a natural mechanism to break them down. They are essentially persistent low grade poisons.

Effect of broccoli, soy on cancer cells explained | Science & Health | Reuters
Soy Prevents Breast Cancers
UIC College of Pharmacy: department of biopharmaceutical sciences

Xenoestrogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Research Page: Xenoestrogens and Genetic Damage in Breast Cancer

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I've been meaning to do a post on that exactly but I wanted to link some studeis to back it up nad havn;t ad enough time,Parabens are everywhere,its crazy...Its very true there are some who are sensitive enough for them to be qaffected by this and even possibly promote gyno...and at least antogonize it for many others...proplyParaben,MthylParaben,Polyparaben,theres a ton of them,some products ahve 3-4 parabens at once....similiar to the hormones chicken are juiced up with prior to slaughter...Not good

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
nah sot protien is crap,because its crap..Noone would ever see an Olympia stage getting all soy protien in,just won't happen,Crao I say,Crap:thumbsup:
Please don't get me started on soy protien:lol:

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Man that s*cks since Pomegranate Juice is the best thing there is to fight Prostate Cancer. I really count on that stuff. Tough decisions.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
Give up coffee? You have got to be joking. No F-ing way, unless I see something concrete that says it will affect me in a negative way.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
1: J Nutr. 2007 Jul;137(7):1769-75. Links
Isoflavone-rich soy protein isolate suppresses androgen receptor expression without altering estrogen receptor-beta expression or serum hormonal profiles in men at high risk of prostate cancer.Hamilton-Reeves JM, Rebello SA, Thomas W, Slaton JW, Kurzer MS.
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.

The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of soy protein isolate consumption on circulating hormone profiles and hormone receptor expression patterns in men at high risk for developing advanced prostate cancer. Fifty-eight men were randomly assigned to consume 1 of 3 protein isolates containing 40 g/d protein: 1) soy protein isolate (SPI+) (107 mg/d isoflavones); 2) alcohol-washed soy protein isolate (SPI-) (<6 mg/d isoflavones); or 3) milk protein isolate (0 mg/d isoflavones). For 6 mo, the men consumed the protein isolates in divided doses twice daily as a partial meal replacement. Serum samples collected at 0, 3, and 6 mo were analyzed for circulating estradiol, estrone, sex hormone-binding globulin, androstenedione, androstanediol glucuronide, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, dihydrotestosterone, testosterone, and free testosterone concentrations by RIA. Prostate biopsy samples obtained pre- and postintervention were analyzed for androgen receptor (AR) and estrogen receptor-beta expression by immunohistochemistry. At 6 mo, consumption of SPI+ significantly suppressed AR expression but did not alter estrogen receptor-beta expression or circulating hormones. Consumption of SPI- significantly increased estradiol and androstenedione concentrations, and tended to suppress AR expression (P = 0.09). Although the effects of SPI- consumption on estradiol and androstenedione are difficult to interpret and the clinical relevance is uncertain, these data show that AR expression in the prostate is suppressed by soy protein isolate consumption, which may be beneficial in preventing prostate cancer.

PMID: 17585029 [PubMed - in process]

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
geez all this ingormation. Can someone print a list out of certain foods and there effects?