Lawsuit over Bowling Green player who died of creatine induced dehydration

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Thu, Sep. 14, 2006

Mother of Bowling Green player who died files lawsuit

Associated Press

SANDUSKY, Ohio - The mother of a Bowling Green football player who died after becoming ill at practice two years ago has filed a lawsuit against a sports supplement supplier.

The lawsuit filed last week in Erie County Common Pleas Court said Aaron Richardson became dehydrated from the Creatine Burst he was drinking, triggering a sickle cell trait reaction in Richardson.

Richardson, 18, died in September 2004 of hemoglobinopathy associated with sickle cell, a coroner ruled. The condition prevents blood cells from carrying enough oxygen to the body.

The lawsuit said General Nutrition Centers, which markets Creatine Burst, should have warned users that it can cause dehydration. Spokesman Benjamin Pratt said the Pittsburgh-based company has not seen the lawsuit and could not comment.

The day of his death, Richardson had run half-speed sprints for 10 minutes and complained of calf cramps. He left the field with an assistant coach and went to the locker room. He later became unresponsive and was pronounced dead at Wood County Hospital.

AP Wire | 09/14/2006 | Mother of Bowling Green player who died files lawsuit

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wait, explain to me how dehydration caused this?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Im going to sue wiser's because their bottle never told me i might get rowdy, break my stuff and bag fatties. Im going to sue durex cause they never told me that the condom had to be on my unit the entire duration. umm this bags a money grabber like most lazy sponges who attempt to benefit from someones death.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Oh my, I get calf cramps on CEE, I better quit now and go sue for being put at risk !!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I think we sue for the most retarded of things along with being a society of victims; I think the dangers of taking some of this stuff is both unknown and poorly marketed by some companies. For example, Muscle tech products.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
While I think we sue for the most retarded of things along with being a society of victims; I think the dangers of taking some of this stuff is both unknown and poorly marketed by some companies. For example, Muscle tech products.
Not a bad point, but I'm wondering too how dehydration caused his condition. Not even doubting it per se, just want to know if this is a money grab or if there is some possible and reasonable link to the creatine use.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well coffee and tea can supposedly cause deydration but I don't see warning labels on them either. People are so nutty!