Renegade Investigates Green MAG

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Elaboration on Green MAGnitude

One of the most advanced creatines on the market today is Controlled Lab's Green MAGnitude. Personally, it is one of the best pre-workout volumizers I have ever used. The taste, cost efficiency and overall benefits of this product speak for themselves. But what makes this product stand out above the rest? We'll research the ingredients, dosage and synergestic effects in the following essay in hopes to find out!

The backbone of this product, as advertised in the name, is Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC). There also is a second type of creatine called dicreatine-malate. Both types of creatines are dosed @ 2.5g/serving. MCC is absorbed through the ligand-gated cation channel, wherein regular creatine monohydrate is absorbed through a sodium carrier. Whether or not this pathway is more effective than tradtional creatine has yet to be determined; however we know that it is essentially as effective (1), but anectodal evidence has been very positive for this compound. Meanwhile, dicreatine-malate is essentially creatine bonded with malic acid. The purpose of this marriage is that malic acid plays a vital role in ATP production. Healthcare professionals will recommend malic acid supplementation for muscle soreness and fatigue with little to no reported side effects up to dosages of 1600mg twice per day (2). This is the synergy that makes this product so great. You have dual-pathway creatine uptake along with malic acid bonded to the creatine for increased ATP production. Users report not only strength output increase, endurance and muscle fullness, but also recovery of muscular energy and a reduction of delayed-onset muscle soreness.

On top of the advanced creatine matrix this product contains, it has some more ergogenic additions. Containing 2000mg of Betaine Anhydrous, a vitamin derived from choline, is shown to cause fat loss by the oxidation of lipids, lowering homocysteine levels, promoting lean mass gains and appetite, and supporting general digestive function (3).

The next compound we explore is the widely used L-Taurine, dosed 2000mg. Taurine has been shown in studies to lower blood pressure (4). It is one of the most abundant amino acids found in muscles and the central nervous system, and is thought to regulate muscle contractions, water balance and energy levels. There is also various feedback on Taurine alleviating depression. It is safe and has little to no side effects for most users. Taurine has shown the ability to lower muscle damage from intense exercise, and improve performance. (5)

The final ingredient in Green MAGnitude is L-Tyrosine. Tyrosine is a precursor of Dopamine, which can promote mental alertness, focus and energy. There is also evidence to show it will help alleviate mental fatigue and depression. (6)

This product is a complete pre-workout formula to improve strength, decrease recovery time, and promote muscle stamina and pumps. The compounds and ingredients are safe, effective, and studied in both the medical fields, and, anecdotally in the bodybuilding community. Between the synergenic effects of dual pathway creatine uptake, increased energy from taurine, mental alertness from Tyorsine and overall health benefits from Betaine anhydrous, you can know that when you take this product it will enhance your body safely and take your workouts to the next level.

Note: Please consult your physician before starting any supplementation or exercise program.

1. Treatment with Super Malic: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover pilot study. Russell IJ; Michalek JE; Flechas JD; Abraham GE; J Rheumatol, 22(5):953-8 1995 May]
2 Selsby JT, DiSilvestro RA, Devor ST. Mg2+-creatine chelate and a low-dose creatine supplementation regimen improve exercise performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2004 May;18(2):311-5
3 Schwab U, Torronen A, Toppinen L, Alfthan G, Saarinen M, Aro A, Uusitupa M. Betaine supplementation decreases plasma homocysteine concentrations but does not affect body weight, body composition, or resting energy expenditure in human subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002 Nov;76(5):961-7.
4 Nara Y, Yamori Y, Lovenberg W. Effects of dietary taurine on blood pressures in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Pharmacol 1978;27:2689-2692.
5 Dawson Jr R, Biasetti M, Messina S, Dominy J. "The cytoprotective role of taurine in exercise-induced muscle injury." Amino Acids 2002;22(4):309-24
6 Romanowski, W, and Grabiec S. The role of serotonin in the mechanism of central fatigue. Acta Physiol Pol 25: 127-134, 1974..

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
In depth reporting....you here it first...good stuff.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Full dosages make my intestines freak out...

Half doses seem fine though.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I left bb.com to get away from you guys. Go away Skigazzi:nono:
Plus they have all these cool smilies :head: These are just great.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any experience with both Green Bulge and Green Magnitude(not simultaneously)? I have been using Green Bulge recently and like it but I was wondering if Mag is any better.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any experience with both Green Bulge and Green Magnitude(not simultaneously)? I have been using Green Bulge recently and like it but I was wondering if Mag is any better.

From a technical standpoint, the 5g of creatine beats the 2.5g of creatine that's in Green Bulge. And the Taurine dosage is higher in GM...

From a personal standpoint, I did not respond to Green Bulge, however Green MAG has been working very well. You may want to give it a try.

And it tastes really good. I was surprised, as all I've had experience with was NO Shotgun's apple flavor, thank god it's nothing like that.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
From a technical standpoint, the 5g of creatine beats the 2.5g of creatine that's in Green Bulge. And the Taurine dosage is higher in GM...

From a personal standpoint, I did not respond to Green Bulge, however Green MAG has been working very well. You may want to give it a try.

And it tastes really good. I was surprised, as all I've had experience with was NO Shotgun's apple flavor, thank god it's nothing like that.
Thanks a lot! I'm definitely gonna have to give the Mag a try soon.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established

How does Green MAg compare to NO Shotgun? I agree the flavor of Shotgun leaves much to be desired but in my mind it's effectiveness surpasses most preworkout drinks I have had.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How does Green MAg compare to NO Shotgun? I agree the flavor of Shotgun leaves much to be desired but in my mind it's effectiveness surpasses most preworkout drinks I have had.

Well, I've only tried NO Shotgun a few times, but the Redline formula made me feel a bit jittery. This is a clean boost of energy, not only does it make me feel uplifted and energetic but it's a natural feeling, you know??? I mean, NO Shotgun has a ton of ingredients- so, in that respect GM has a hard time keeping up... but I think for the price/taste/cost/effectiveness I'd rather buy the GM. More isn't better in alot of respects.

Hope this helps,
RR

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
I think thats what cl was going for in this product, solid forumulation not a lot of fancy ingredients all at a good price.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think thats what cl was going for in this product, solid forumulation not a lot of fancy ingredients all at a good price.

Exactly, each ingredient serves a distinct purpose. The kitchen sink method has been tried before and the cost doesn't outweigh the results. I would much rather use Green MAG, chaos or Xceed, whos ingredients are solid, tested, and each play their own part.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I might have to give Green Mag a try in the near future. Magnesium Creatine chelate was a great choice of creatines.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Wonder why CL can use it and custom can't

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
They actually had it pulled off recently because the company who holds the patent on mcc threatened to sue them.

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
Full dosages make my intestines freak out...

Half doses seem fine though.
Hey Ski!

Might be the Magnesium, I have the same issue. Also you can take it with some carbs to help if you want to go more than half. Remember that because of settling the scoop is actually too big so a full dose is 2/3 scoop.

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
Elaboration on Green MAGnitude

One of the most advanced creatines on the market today is Controlled Lab's Green MAGnitude. Personally, it is one of the best pre-workout volumizers I have ever used. The taste, cost efficiency and overall benefits of this product speak for themselves. But what makes this product stand out above the rest? We'll research the ingredients, dosage and synergestic effects in the following essay in hopes to find out!

The backbone of this product, as advertised in the name, is Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC). There also is a second type of creatine called dicreatine-malate. Both types of creatines are dosed @ 2.5g/serving. MCC is absorbed through the ligand-gated cation channel, wherein regular creatine monohydrate is absorbed through a sodium carrier. Whether or not this pathway is more effective than tradtional creatine has yet to be determined; however we know that it is essentially as effective (1), but anectodal evidence has been very positive for this compound. Meanwhile, dicreatine-malate is essentially creatine bonded with malic acid. The purpose of this marriage is that malic acid plays a vital role in ATP production. Healthcare professionals will recommend malic acid supplementation for muscle soreness and fatigue with little to no reported side effects up to dosages of 1600mg twice per day (2). This is the synergy that makes this product so great. You have dual-pathway creatine uptake along with malic acid bonded to the creatine for increased ATP production. Users report not only strength output increase, endurance and muscle fullness, but also recovery of muscular energy and a reduction of delayed-onset muscle soreness.

On top of the advanced creatine matrix this product contains, it has some more ergogenic additions. Containing 2000mg of Betaine Anhydrous, a vitamin derived from choline, is shown to cause fat loss by the oxidation of lipids, lowering homocysteine levels, promoting lean mass gains and appetite, and supporting general digestive function (3).

The next compound we explore is the widely used L-Taurine, dosed 2000mg. Taurine has been shown in studies to lower blood pressure (4). It is one of the most abundant amino acids found in muscles and the central nervous system, and is thought to regulate muscle contractions, water balance and energy levels. There is also various feedback on Taurine alleviating depression. It is safe and has little to no side effects for most users. Taurine has shown the ability to lower muscle damage from intense exercise, and improve performance. (5)

The final ingredient in Green MAGnitude is L-Tyrosine. Tyrosine is a precursor of Dopamine, which can promote mental alertness, focus and energy. There is also evidence to show it will help alleviate mental fatigue and depression. (6)

This product is a complete pre-workout formula to improve strength, decrease recovery time, and promote muscle stamina and pumps. The compounds and ingredients are safe, effective, and studied in both the medical fields, and, anecdotally in the bodybuilding community. Between the synergenic effects of dual pathway creatine uptake, increased energy from taurine, mental alertness from Tyorsine and overall health benefits from Betaine anhydrous, you can know that when you take this product it will enhance your body safely and take your workouts to the next level.

Note: Please consult your physician before starting any supplementation or exercise program.

1. Treatment with Super Malic: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover pilot study. Russell IJ; Michalek JE; Flechas JD; Abraham GE; J Rheumatol, 22(5):953-8 1995 May]
2 Selsby JT, DiSilvestro RA, Devor ST. Mg2+-creatine chelate and a low-dose creatine supplementation regimen improve exercise performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2004 May;18(2):311-5
3 Schwab U, Torronen A, Toppinen L, Alfthan G, Saarinen M, Aro A, Uusitupa M. Betaine supplementation decreases plasma homocysteine concentrations but does not affect body weight, body composition, or resting energy expenditure in human subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002 Nov;76(5):961-7.
4 Nara Y, Yamori Y, Lovenberg W. Effects of dietary taurine on blood pressures in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Pharmacol 1978;27:2689-2692.
5 Dawson Jr R, Biasetti M, Messina S, Dominy J. "The cytoprotective role of taurine in exercise-induced muscle injury." Amino Acids 2002;22(4):309-24
6 Romanowski, W, and Grabiec S. The role of serotonin in the mechanism of central fatigue. Acta Physiol Pol 25: 127-134, 1974..
Thanks for the great review Renegade!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive always wanted to try this product but all the pres i enjoy most have creatine mono in them so i never bought this..hmm i may just have to get it anyways now