Keeping muscle while away from the gym

SummusMentis

Awards
Here is my deal:

Over the summer I will be a counselor at a camp where for periods of up to 2 weeks I may be away from the gym on canoe trips (which would provide significant cardio work, but little weight training) and I am looking for a supplement plan that will keep me from losing too much muscle while I am away...

Here is what I have so far:
Creatine
Whey
Glutamine

Please help with this

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
take mrp packets if you won't have access to anything but like 3 planned meal times or however they'll do it... just eat more bro, keep cals up, you'll be fine for 2 weeks.

institutional

Awards
Here is my deal:

Over the summer I will be a counselor at a camp where for periods of up to 2 weeks I may be away from the gym on canoe trips (which would provide significant cardio work, but little weight training) and I am looking for a supplement plan that will keep me from losing too much muscle while I am away...

Here is what I have so far:
Creatine
Whey
Glutamine

Please help with this
i personally see no benefit to taking creatine and glutamine (i dont take ever) if you are not working out. just eat healthy, drink plenty of water and take a multi. you should be fine. its healthy to take breaks from working out. Just remember if you truly have hard earned muscle, its not going anywhere if you take short breaks.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
can't you still do some basics like push ups wide and narrow and throw some rocks in your book bag and do some curls. It will keep your muscles goin. Anyway that's what I would do. There's weight all around you, you just have to find a way to lift it. be creative.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Keeping muscle while away from the gym

Originally posted by institutional

i personally see no benefit to taking creatine and glutamine (i dont take ever) if you are not working out. just eat healthy, drink plenty of water and take a multi. you should be fine. its healthy to take breaks from working out. Just remember if you truly have hard earned muscle, its not going anywhere if you take short breaks.
I agree, no big deal, and have fun at camp :D

SummusMentis

Awards
Thanks for the help...
yes I was thinking about doing a modified workout some days at the campsite.... for example, squats with a canoe on my head, curls with rocks in bags, pushups, situps, dips, etc....

the advice helps, thanks a lot

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
hahah just enjoy the break bro, and then continue lifting hard, a break often results in better ways than you think psychologically and physically.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by whosyourdaddy02
deadlifts with boulders baby!! hehehehe... :D
lol, hell yeah, that's lifting!! :D

next up is the canoe shoulder press, firewood hammer curl, the backpack lunge, etc ;)

SummusMentis

Awards
haha, i will begin a 7-8 week long, lifting **** in the woods cycle, I will posts results when I get back....

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Let us know how that goes I was thinking of moving to mountains and starting one myself:D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Hey don't forget the "taking the ****" sissy squats.. with or without tree for support :D

SummusMentis

Awards
Done plenty of those, prefer sitting on a tree, but sometimes its rough on the balls

csakiges

Awards
I agree with the rest. Many will take 7-10 days off every 8-12 weeks. It is good to give your body that rest. When you come back, I gurantee your workouts will kick butt!!!!