Sesamin

1. Registered User
    Answers

Sesamin

I want some feedback from people who have used any of the sesamin supplements on the market, please state your dosage and if you were bulking or cutting at the time please and thank you.

2. Registered User
    Answers

I have used up to 6 a day while cutting with no difference in body composition. I am a non-responder to a lot of stuff though and I know some just love it.
  3. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by machinehead
    I have used up to 6 a day while cutting with no difference in body composition. I am a non-responder to a lot of stuff though and I know some just love it.
    Join the club fellow non responder I used a large amount and saw nothing either...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think sesamin is a non responder type of supplement. Wouldnt that be like saying your a none respoinder to EFAs.
  5. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think sesamin is a non responder type of supplement. Wouldnt that be like saying your a none respoinder to EFAs.
    Some people donít get fat loss through the mechanism sesamin works through (PPAR-alpha activation). I may get the other health benefits from it but not the fat loss. I get nothing from even high doses of Tetradecylthioacetic acid either.

Quoting Robboe from DS from an older thread I read:

"Some people have stated they thought sesathin did nothing for them also, so i've been starting to think that some people simply respond to PPARa activators moreso than others. In the same way that i get nothing from ephedrine for fat loss (but it's great for stimulation and appetite supression) whereas others get great results. I also get nothing from clenbuterol, whereas others get amazing results."
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I have been using sesamin for about a year now and I stay a lot leaner than I usually do when i am not very meticulous with my diet. I started out with 3 a day, but now I use 4 because the price has dropped so much. For less than $40, you have enough Sesamin to last for 45-60 days.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Some people donít get fat loss through the mechanism sesamin works through (PPAR-alpha activation). I may get the other health benefits from it but not the fat loss. I get nothing from even high doses of Tetradecylthioacetic acid either.

"Some people have stated they thought sesathin did nothing for them also, so i've been starting to think that some people simply respond to PPARa activators moreso than others. In the same way that i get nothing from ephedrine for fat loss (but it's great for stimulation and appetite supression) whereas others get great results. I also get nothing from clenbuterol, whereas others get amazing results."
    Excellent point. It's the mechanism that makes all the difference. I remember seeing this broken down to 4 different ways people respond to when it come to fatloss, PPAR-alpha being one of them, beta receptors and then 2 more I don't recall. Apparently, one or two of those work for all people, but not all of them. I know ephedrine works for me, just for a while, nothing too extreme though. T4, on the other hand, does wonders.
  8. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Well all I know is that the only sesamin product that truly worked for me was avants liquid version. normal dosing of it kept me dropping fat at a reasonable rate but when I started to double dose it(one serving with each meal) the fat melted off my body I'm talking 4-5 lbs a week. The only bad thing about this is that one bottle only lasts 2 weeks.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

I've tried sesamin and in a very unscientific way (I wasn't taking precise bodyfat measurements, just a weight scale and looking in the mirror) it seemed to really work.....enough so that I bought a couple bottles to give it a real try (no conclusion yet). Nutraplanet has a 2fer sale right now that gives two bottles for only a couple dollars more than one. Also, here is a link to a previous discussion on this topic:

CLA and Sesamin
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Like I said correct if Im wrong, I just didnt see it that way. Nice response rivet.
  11. 191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
    Answers

I have tried three bottles of Sesamin, and they did nothing in terms of at loss.

I did receive large digestive upsets and problems with my stools however.;

Many people rave about it, I hate it.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

No real fatloss at 3 a day, Im going to double the dose for a month and see.

I want to add that I like the way I "feel" when takin it, and for some reason, no other supps, or changes, it has apparently has a lessening effect on my overall joint pain. Any one else notice this?
  13. Registered User
    Answers

It sounds like a 50/50 mix of people who like it and people who don't, i respond to literally everything so i'll give it a try, i have a buddy that is an Avant Labs rep so i'm sure he could toss me a bottle of Sesathin to try out.
  14. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Try and get the liquid, for some reason many people responded better to this than the caps.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

So far I've only had the softgels, which I haven't noticed any results with, but maybe I'll look into this liquid version instead. One thing I just noticed about the softgels I have is that they contain soybean oil, which I should have noticed before but I didn't. I've personally been trying to avoid soy products.
  16. Board Supporter
    Answers

I am also a "respond to everything" responder and Sesamin definitely keeps me a lot leaner when I am "loose" on the diet. I always take it 10-15 minutes before I start to eat though. This makes a huge difference than when taking it "with" food. Maybe you guys, if you haven't already, that haven't seen much, should try this and see what happens?
  17. 191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
    Answers

Yup tried that, I just think I am allergic to it, judging by my stools.

I tried the liquid too. did nothing

Only thing I did like is SesaLean the cooking oil replacement, but shipping costs to australia are insane for it

Quote Originally Posted by anabolik1
    I am also a "respond to everything" responder and Sesamin definitely keeps me a lot leaner when I am "loose" on the diet. I always take it 10-15 minutes before I start to eat though. This makes a huge difference than when taking it "with" food. Maybe you guys, if you haven't already, that haven't seen much, should try this and see what happens?
  18. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolik1
    I believe taking it with a some sort of fat increases absorption through lymphatic absorbtion.
  19. Board Supporter
    Answers

Yea, Sesamin should be taken with 10-15g of fat. Likely many people who aren't responding to it aren't taking it with fat.

There's a great thread over on MnM about fibrates under the advanced section that is a must-read for anyone serious about understanding sesamin and/or PPAR-alpha activation.

BTW, To people taking huge doses: there is only so much PPAR-alpha activation that can occur.
  20. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah that Fibrate stuff is very interesting, although a lot of what they discuss over there is above my head.
  21. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rippedforce63
    I believe taking it with a some sort of fat increases absorption through lymphatic absorbtion.

Yeah...I take it slightly before to give my digestive system a head start on breaking down the gelcap before I put food into it.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

I have tried MAN's Vaporize and Sesamin by Scivation. I think it has a lot of overall health benefits but the fatloss properties are very subtle.

I do however think that it has merit on a clean bulk or if taken with high fat "cheat" type meals to control fat from being stored. I have a bit of it left and the only time I take it is if I am eating a not-so-healthy meal.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rippedforce63
    Well all I know is that the only sesamin product that truly worked for me was avants liquid version.
    There have been many reports of this lately, where folks have noticed better results from our SesaThin than the competitors.

In fact, there's a thread discussing it over on our board.
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Whoops, actually, it's over on Mind & Muscle.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Ya i've read that too much Fibrates can be detrimental and burn up some muscle, i'll see if i can find that article some where.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Ya i'm going to give it a shot but i'm going with the Avant Sesathin, sounds like the best one, which isn't a suprise because they are a good company and the first to market it.
  27. Board Supporter
    Answers

I always try to buy avant, but there has been alot of supply problems this year. I hope they fix those up. I'm happy to pay more for a product I trust.
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Yeah, we're smoothing those kinks out. We're just finishing up a massive relocation/expansion project.
  29. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

SirSavage and I are working together to make sure we have all the Avant stuff in stock at all times...even if we have to eat some liquid working capital and stock more than a month's work.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Sesamin did squat for me over two bottles in two months. Zero.
  31. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    Sesamin did squat for me over two bottles in two months. Zero.
    Which brand are you talking? Scivation?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, Scivation. 3-4 a day, with meals.
  33. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Go with the avant liquid man.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

God, I'm praying this isn't me!
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    Yea, Sesamin should be taken with 10-15g of fat. Likely many people who aren't responding to it aren't taking it with fat.

There's a great thread over on MnM about fibrates under the advanced section that is a must-read for anyone serious about understanding sesamin and/or PPAR-alpha activation.

BTW, To people taking huge doses: there is only so much PPAR-alpha activation that can occur.
    does that mean taking 1 or 2 cod liver oil capsules would help?
  36. Avant Research Guru
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TulipPrincess
    does that mean taking 1 or 2 cod liver oil capsules would help?
    Stacking Fish Oil and/or an O3 PUFA is recommended when taking SesaThin or any of it's imitations.
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

God, I'm praying this isn't me!
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. You ordered our SesaThin liquid, right?

Just use it with appropriate diet and exercise, give it time, and you should be good.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. You ordered our SesaThin liquid, right?

Just use it with appropriate diet and exercise, give it time, and you should be good.
    Actually, I got your capsules. I figured I'd be more regular with them than with a liquid. Will taking the capsules rather than the liquid make a difference? I did ask your live chat person, Meathead Mike, if the capsules worked and he said yes, they did.
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Actually, I got your capsules. I figured I'd be more regular with them than with a liquid. Will taking the capsules rather than the liquid make a difference? I did ask your live chat person, Meathead Mike, if the capsules worked and he said yes, they did.
    Oh yeah, they definitely work. No doubt.

For future reference, though, I personally lean more towards the liquid. Most folks seem to do a little better, results wise, with the liquid for some reason.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Scivation Sesamin Presale!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
  2. Stryder, Sesamin???
    By DAdams91982 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 10:03 AM
  3. Sesamin or Glucophase?
    By BigChuckles in forum Supplements