letro and no libido

mitch911

Awards
i have been runnnig letro for the past 2 months trying to get rid of pre-existing gyno. just some puffy nipples. Ive noticed owever that the past few weeks my sex drive is gone, and find it ard to get an erection and maintain it even when im with my girlfriend. how quickly will this bounce back if i drop out the letro, and should i start taking some libido supplements to help.
Thanks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Letro eliminates estrogen, and estrogen plays a key role in libido. First, you should taper down your letro, in order for no rebound to happen. Second, you can try maca, or fenugreek, but the only thing that will truly work is for you to taper and discontinue letro.

BTW, is the letro not working on the gyno? If the gyno is there for too long, nothing except surgery will get rid of it.

torp

Awards
i have been runnnig letro for the past 2 months trying to get rid of pre-existing gyno. just some puffy nipples. Ive noticed owever that the past few weeks my sex drive is gone, and find it ard to get an erection and maintain it even when im with my girlfriend. how quickly will this bounce back if i drop out the letro, and should i start taking some libido supplements to help.
Thanks
Letro is pretty harsh on your estrogen and therefore your libido and joints. As RR said, taper it down and start using Nolva, raloxifene, or toremifene for puffy nips. Puffy nipples are usually treatable with a SERM in my experience as they are more site specific in blocking estrogen as opposed to eliminating estrogen altogether. So long as you don't have lumps which is real gyno, don't worry about it, you'll get it licked. I don't know what compound you may have been taking to get your early gyno so you may need to add dostinex in if it's prolactin related - I doubt it is as you haven't mentioned any clear discharges, etc which are symptomatic of prolactin gyno. Good luck bro...

-trop

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Letro is pretty harsh on your estrogen and therefore your libido and joints. As RR said, taper it down and start using Nolva, raloxifene, or toremifene for puffy nips. Puffy nipples are usually treatable with a SERM in my experience as they are more site specific in blocking estrogen as opposed to eliminating estrogen altogether. So long as you don't have lumps which is real gyno, don't worry about it, you'll get it licked. I don't know what compound you may have been taking to get your early gyno so you may need to add dostinex in if it's prolactin related - I doubt it is as you haven't mentioned any clear discharges, etc which are symptomatic of prolactin gyno. Good luck bro...

-trop
I didn't think there was a difference between estrogen gyno and lumps...I thought estrogen was what caused the lumps?

torp

Awards
I didn't think there was a difference between estrogen gyno and lumps...I thought estrogen was what caused the lumps?
I didn't mean to imply there there was a difference. What I was trying to say was if he isn't lactating, he probably does not have prolactin gyno issues.

Puffy nipples can be caused by progesterone or estrogen as you have both types of receptors in your mammary glands. Nolva in most cases will treat estrogen related puffy nipples. I've had puffiness and itchiness on a couple of cycles and it's what has worked for me. When I got lumps, a combo of letro and nolva did the trick for me.

dr_ma

Awards
had my gyno for over 10 years and did letro for a month or so and my gyno improved but didn't go away completely. I decided to quit taking it because of the loss of sex drive. I took a couple of weeks to get back to normal.