Glutamine Ethyl Ester

Gator762

Awards
I've read the threads debating Glutamine, but I am convinced that it works for me. I can't say if it helps building muscle, as I just started logging progress and I am also taking Creatine now. But it definately helps me with DOMS. A lot.

I've read the threads, but no one reported whether the EE version is worth it vs. regular Glutamine. It's a lot more expensive, but if it works like it is supposed to, cheaper in that you can use a much lower dose.

So what say ye Glutamine fans?

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
(1) I've read the threads debating Glutamine, but I am convinced that it works for me.

(2) I've read the threads, but no one reported whether the EE version is worth it vs. regular Glutamine.

(1) It works for everyone.... it's the most abundant amino acid in the human body.

(2) That depends on how concerned you are with it's actual supplementation.

It is my belief that since L-glutamine plasma levels are already sky high in the body, only small amounts if any, would be of much benefit. So due to my opinion, I couldn't care less about attaching an ester to glutamine.

Now the esterification of something like creatine monohydrate on the other hand, is something I would much rather be paying for, since it's so MUCH more effective than the original.

Gator762

Awards
But is it more effective per gram than the original?

One of the supplement places indicates that you only need to take 1-3 grams of GEE to be effective. If for example, 3 grams of GEE is as effective as 10 grams of regular Glutamine then it would be more cost effective to supplement with GEE.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
(1) But is it more effective per gram than the original?

(2) One of the supplement places indicates that you only need to take 1-3 grams of GEE to be effective.

(1) According to the science behind esterification.... yes.

(2) That's pretty funny seeing how it's already effective and doing it's job within our bodies, WITHOUT.... supplementation.

Quite honestly guy if it were me.... I would just stick with small amounts of the orig.

Gator762

Awards
(2) That's pretty funny seeing how it's already effective and doing it's job within our bodies, WITHOUT.... supplementation.
Thanks so far... But I personally believe supplenting with extra glutamine helps me greatly. I tried intense workouts with and without supplementing extra. I've taken 10g after a workout. That lets me get very intense workouts in without cryin' for momma the next two days.

From your feedback I'm going to try scaling back to 5g post workout of the regular, but I'm almost out... Anyone on the EE version?

Bueller?

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
yes, i just finished my second bottle i got from CNW a while back. took the recommended dose at 3 pills pre and post workout. i didn't take the stuff on its own though, ive been supplementing with BCAAs and creatine and such.

i haven't noticed really anything since i started taking it. i suppose it could contribute to recovery a tad but nothing dramatic. i wouldn't say the EE did anything to warrent an all out purchase of GEE.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was taking 40 grams of the ethyl ester and ran out,now I am just taking 40 grams of regular.I can kind of notice alittle more soreness on regular than EE and a little less pumps due to cellular volumization.But it really as not a big a deal as I thought it would be.Hope this helps.:bb2:

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I personally believe supplenting with extra glutamine helps me greatly.
Hey Gator.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Use whatever proves usefull. What I refered to in my previous post was the science behind it. Just realize that glutamine has been proven to be the most abundant amino in the body and very few situations require supplementation.

I actually use regular L-glutamine for the same reason you do however, I only use about a gram and only at night.

If any of you guys care about nitric oxide production during a workout, then try holding on the glutamine consumption untill post workout, as L-glutamine is the suicide inhibitor of NO.

Gator762

Awards
Thanks guys...

Like NoHype said, I don't wanna fix what ain't broke. The supplements I am taking are creatine (5g) and glutamine (10g). So far my gains have been really good. I am also taking an ECA stack for morning cardio, but I'm not sure how effective the EC is since the bottle is 4 or 5 years old. It isn't making me sick so my cheap ass is still taking it.

I'm going to pick up the regular version now since it is less than half the price.

To get back on track, if there is any others with feedback on the esterfied version, please post! There aren't any substancial threads on GEE yet!

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
maybe you should get a bottle of GEE and add it in there with your normal l-glut. im not sure if CNW is still selling it capped but im pretty sure its sold in bulk powder.

dont stop the l-glut just add in GEE.

musclescientist

Awards
Glutamine is only useful to improve intestinal health or to support ones immune system during sickness

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Glutamine is only useful to improve intestinal health or to support ones immune system during sickness
what about for alkilinity purposes. doesnt it make meals (carbs and protein in particular) less acidic when added which can be pretty beneficial from my understanding.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
what about for alkilinity purposes. doesnt it make meals (carbs and protein in particular) less acidic when added which can be pretty beneficial from my understanding.
Yes. L-glutamine plays an important role in protecting the body against acidosis and ammonia toxicity however, the fact still remains that L-glutamine plasma levels are greater than any other amino acid in the body, and these beneficial properties are still being achieved prior to supplementation.

Though supplementation is not necessary, lower resting levels of plasma glutamine have been observed in athletes as a result of overtrainning, so I'm sure supplementing small quantities would prove beneficial.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I noticed less DOMS on GEE with a little more volumization and a little bit calmer disposition. Better recovery from heavy leg days was what I enjoyed the most. It was nothing dramatic, but then few amino acids are all that dramatic.

I agree on the intestinal health aspect. Glut is fantastic if your intestine are torn up for whatever reason. 40-100g before bed heals mine up over night.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I noticed less DOMS on GEE with a little more volumization and a little bit calmer disposition. Better recovery from heavy leg days was what I enjoyed the most. It was nothing dramatic, but then few amino acids are all that dramatic.

I agree on the intestinal health aspect. Glut is fantastic if your intestine are torn up for whatever reason. 40-100g before bed heals mine up over night.
Right on Bio. The benefits of supplemental glutamine are priceless for intesinal health, recovery from trauma/intense trainning, and immune support.

Speaking for myself, I've only noticed a difference in muscle recovery a few times after intense trainning, but that may have been due to the fact that I was underdosing.

Wow. 100g.... I got a good friend of mine with Crohns Disease to realize the importance of oral glutamine and he worked his way up to 50g a day, and we thought that amount may have been a little high but I guess not.... Thanks for the info.... :head: