Bulk Colostrum powder?

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I am looking for a place online to purchese some Bulk Colostrum powder? I checked the board sponsers but non seem to have it. Any ideas?!

HERE's Alittle info on Colostrum

What makes colostrum so beneficial?
There are over 90 known components in colostrum. The primary components, divided into two classes, are immune factors and growth factors. Colostrum also contains a precise balance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. All of these factors work together in perfect synergy to restore and maintain health.

Colostrum’s Immune Factors
Immune Factors in colostrum have been shown to help the body inhibit the binding of pathogenic invaders to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Each factor plays a specific role in our body’s defense against these attackers. In addition, colostrum contains over 20 antibodies to specific pathogens including E coli, salmonella, rotavirus, candida, streptococcus, staphylococcus, H pylori, and cryptosporidia.

In addition to immunoglobulins, medical studies show that PRP in colostrum supports an underactive immune system. PRP also helps balance an overactive immune system present in autoimmune conditions.

Colostrum’s Growth Factors
Growth Factors help build and restore bone, muscle, nerve tissue, connective tissue, skin and cartilage. These factors have also been shown to help increase lean muscle, help the body burn fat for fuel, and assist in wound repair. Growth factors have also been shown to help slow the signs of aging! Colostrum's growth factors may:

Affect the brain’s mood regulating chemicals to brighten our moods. (serotonin & dopamine)
Assist in regeneration and improve normal growth of aged or injured muscle, bone, cartilage, skin collagen and nerve tissue.
Help burn fat for fuel instead of muscle tissue in times of fasting (diet), and build & retain lean muscle (non-diet).
Assist the internal regulation of the brain's "feel-good" chemicals, supporting alertness and better concentration.
Help maintain normal blood sugar levels.
Support skin repair when applied topically
Restore our body’s precious RNA and DNA.
Other Beneficial Components
Vitamins and Minerals are nutrients that are essential for normal metabolism, growth and development. They act as coenzymes, enabling chemical process to take place throughout the body. Vitamins and minerals are indispensable for the maintenance of health. Amino Acids are the building blocks of proteins. They are required for growth and development. Amino acids are divided into essential (not produced by the body) and nonessential (can be produced by the body).

Known Components of Colostrum
Immune Factors, Immunoglobulins, Antibodies
IgG – Neutralizes toxins and other harmful pathogenic invaders
IgM – Helps control antibody response
IgD – Helps support health of newborns
IgE – Involved in regulating allergic response
IgA – Helps inhibit the binding of pathogens to surfaces
Secretory IgA (SigA) – Found in mucous membranes, Helps inhibit the binding of pathogens to surfaces
IgA Specific Helper – Stimulates the production of IgA
Lactoferrin – Powerful antioxidant, robs pathogens of the iron they need to proliferate
Transferrin – Binds and transports iron
Glycoproteins: - (Including Protease and Trypsin Inhibitors) Protect components from destruction by stomach acids
Lactalbumin – Raises brain serotonin levels, improves mood under stress
Multimeric a-Lactalbumin – Shown to cause certain cancer cells to create selective suicide (apoptosis)
Cytokines – (Including Interleukins, Interferon Y, Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF), and Lymphokines) Stimulates death of some tumors, increase T-cell activity, responsible for regulation and intensity of immune response, stimulate production of immunoglobulins
Proline-Rich Polypeptide (PRP) – Regulates the activity of the immune system
Lysozymes – Helps keep pathogens from binding to surfaces both internally and externally
Gamma Globulin – Helps ward off pathogens
B Lactoglobulin – Antibody, protein
Complement 3 & 4 (C3 & C4) – Proteins that activate the complement of the immune system
Kappa Casein – Glycoprotein that helps protect against H. pylori. (helicobacter pylori)
Alpha 2-AP glycoprotein
Alpha 1- antitrypsin – Inhibitor of trypsin
Alpha 2- macroglobulin – Function as hormonal transporters
Orosomucoids – Alpha-1 protein in plasma
Prealbumin – Precursor to albumin
Albumin – Contains essential amino acids
Oligosaccharides – Complex carbohydrates, help support healthy lung function
Non Specific Inhibitors (NSI’s) – Factors that inhibit a wide range of respiratory problems
Growth Factors
Epithelial Growth Factor (EGF) – Helps protect and maintain the skin
Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) – Enhances wound healing and tissue repair
Insulin-like Growth Factor I (IGF-I) – Increases lean muscle mass, helps repair DNA and RNA, anti-aging, helps maintian normal blood-sugar and cholesterol levels
Insulin-like Growth Factor II (IGF-II) – Affects how the body uses fat and protein
Growth Hormone (GH) – Regulates growth, decreases signs of aging
Transforming Growth Factor - a (TGF- a) – Assists in formation and repair of connective tissue, bone and cartilage
Transforming Growth Factor - b (TGF - b) – Helps repair tissue, supports growth of the lining of the gut. Shown to produce cell destruction in certain human cancers.
Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) – Stimulates growth of connective tissue, plays a role in wound repair and helps with cell division and neuron survival and regeneration
Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH) – Stimulates release of follicle-stimulating hormone, and gonadotropic substances
Prolactin – Similar to Growth Hormone
Insulin – Responsible for proper metabolism of blood sugar
Sulfur – An important building block of proteins
Vitamins and Other Nutrients
Vitamin B6 – Produces serotonin, utilization of amino acids
Vitamin B12 – Normal development of red blood cells
Vitamin E – Antioxidant, supports wound repair and immune function
Vitamin A (from carotene) – Resistance to pathogenic invasion, maintains cell integrity
Vitamin C – Antioxidant, immune system support
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) – Metabolism of carbohydrates, energy
Folic Acid – Cell replication and tissue growth
Pantothenic Acid – Metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – Energy production, tissue repair, healthy eyes
Beta-carotene - Antioxidant
Glycoconjugates – Carbohydrates that link to lipids and proteins
Glycogen – Converts into glucose when needed by tissues
Retinoic Acid – Metabolite of Vitamin A, used in treatment of acn
Minerals
Calcium – Maintains strong, healthy bones, activates enzymes
Chromium – Glucose metabolism disorders, body fat reduction
Iron – Oxygen transport and storage, energy, immune support
Magnesium – Muscle relaxation, assists with normal brain function
Phosphorus – Strengthens bones and teeth
Potassium – helps maintain normal blood pressure, maintains fluid balance in cells
Sodium – Cell membrane integrity, plays important role in nerve function
Zinc – Synthesis of DNA and RNA, activates Vitamin A
Essential Amino Acids
Isoleucine – Assists in muscle development & repair, helps regulate blood sugar
Leucine – Involved in muscle repair, wound healing and hormone production
Histidine – Involved in growth and tissue repair
Methionine – Antioxidant, collagen synthesis, helps support healthy cardiovascular function
Lysine – Aids in calcium absorption, helps regulate antibody and enzyme production
Threonine – Stimulates antibody production
Phenylalanine – Assists neurotransmitter function, increases “feel good” chemicals in brain
Valine – Regulates energy, aids growth and repair of muscle tissue
Tryptophan – Stimulates niacin production, precursor for serotonin
Nonessential Amino Acids
Arginine – Stimulates GH, immune function, promotes wound repair and muscle growth
Cystine – An antioxidant involved in collagen synthesis
Glutanic Acid – Helps transport potassium to the brain, implicated in neurological conditions
Alanine – Involved in glucose metabolism
Tyrosine – Regulate mood, may improve memory, appetite suppressant
Glycine – Helps decrease muscle wasting, aids in glycogen storage
Proline – Aids in wound repair and collagen synthesis
Aspartic Acid – Helps synthesis of DNA, RNA, Ig and antibodies, involved in energy metabolism
Serine – Involved in fat metabolism and muscle growth, noted moisturizer
Additional Factors Found in Colostrum
Beta 2- microglobulin – Components of many cell membranes including leukocytes
Enzymes – Induce chemical changes in the body
Haemopexin – Iron-binding protein
Haptoglobulin – Glycoproteins that aid the recycling of iron
Lactoperoxidase – An antioxidant
Orotic Acid – Precursor to certain nucleotides
Peroxidase – Transfers oxygen to tissues, helps prevent free radical damage
Xanthine Oxidase Enzyme – Enzyme involved in conversion of hypoxanthine to xanthine
Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus Bifidus – Help restore a supportive bacterial environment in the body

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rkieltyk

Awards
i think BN used to carry it but it was only a certain % of colostrum. plus i think the study that showed it benefical was at like 50g a day which would be EXTREMELY expensive.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Giant Nutrition sells ImmunoLin direct from their site and until a Board Sponsor gets it in, it's probably your best bet.

Without a doubt that's what you want to go with as it has helped my recovery time with better overall sleep quality.

I ran 4 grams 5 times a day with meals for a month, but at that rate it's a pretty penny.

rkieltyk

Awards
Dose effects of oral bovine colostrum on physical work capacity in cyclists.

* Coombes JS,
* Conacher M,
* Austen SK,
* Marshall PA.

School of Human Movement Studies, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia. [email protected]

PURPOSE: There is interest in the potential long-term use of dietary supplementation with bovine colostrum to enhance exercise performance. The purpose of the present study was to determine the dose effects of bovine colostrum on cycling performance. METHODS: Forty-two competitive cyclists were randomly divided into three groups and required to consume either 20 g/d bovine colostrum + 40 g whey protein concentrate (wpc), 60 g of bovine colostrum, or 60 g of wpc (placebo). Two measures were used to assess performance before (pre-) and after (post-) an 8-wk supplementation period. The first measure required subjects to complete two VO2max tests separated by 20 min with the amount of work completed in the second test used to evaluate performance. The second performance measure was the time to complete a work-based time trial following a 2-h cycle at 65% VO2max. Subjects were required to maintain their regular training and keep a food and training diary over the study period. RESULTS: After supplementation, the performance enhancement in Measure One was not statistically significantly different in the colostrum groups compared to the placebo group (placebo = 3.4%, 20 g = 4.0%, 60 g = 3.9%; 95% confidence interval (CI) for differences, +/-1.8%, P > 0.05). In performance Measure Two subjects in the 20 g and 60 g groups completed the time trial significantly (P < 0.05) faster post supplement compared to pre supplement (improvements in performance times, placebo = 37 s, 20 g = 158 s, 60 g = 134 s; 95% CI for differences, 47 s). CONCLUSION: Oral bovine colostrum supplementation at 20 g or 60 g/d provided a small but significant improvement in time trial performance in cyclists after a 2-h ride at 65% VO2max.

rkieltyk

Awards
Giant Nutrition sells ImmunoLin direct from their site and until a Board Sponsor gets it in, it's probably your best bet.

Without a doubt that's what you want to go with as it has helped my recovery time with better overall sleep quality.

I ran 4 grams 5 times a day with meals for a month, but at that rate it's a pretty penny.
did you notice any effects? i took a serving once, then got really lazy because of its strange taste/bad mixability.

rkieltyk

Awards
:sad:

looks like i have lost the ability to read and comprehend information. hopefully my nootropic blend that i ordered will help...

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I am looking for a place online to purchese some Bulk Colostrum powder? I checked the board sponsers but non seem to have it. Any ideas?!
Hey Doc. If you would like to learn some valuble truths about colostrum than please check out firstmilking.com by Synertek.

The most important factor for a company in the production of a colostrum product is to extract it within the first 6 hours after birth. After this point, degredation occurs rapidly and therefore, colostrum's benefits are greatly diminished.

The site will also give you a better idea about usefull dosages as a lot of people think that more is always better.

I use Synertek colostrum every day. They do provide it in bulk however, I get the chewable tablets as they are less money and dosages don't really need to be that high anyway.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Hey Doc. If you would like to learn some valuble truths about colostrum than please check out firstmilking.com by Synertek.

The most important factor for a company in the production of a colostrum product is to extract it within the first 6 hours after birth. After this point, degredation occurs rapidly and therefore, colostrum's benefits are greatly diminished.

The site will also give you a better idea about usefull dosages as a lot of people think that more is always better.

I use Synertek colostrum every day. They do provide it in bulk however, I get the chewable tablets as they are less money and dosages don't really need to be that high anyway.

Thanks i've read some good articals saying that in this case perhaps more is good, i believe the study i read sometime ago on the web noted that dosages (pretty big ones) were givin right after psyical workouts, (endurence i believe) and a suger based placebo was given to another group.

THE FINDINGS(from memory)

The group that took the Colostrum ended up having 25% gains compared to the other group i believe.

Having trouble finding some of my older articals.

Shrug*

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
One bump for further ideas on where to purchese this great product,- Besides cost's how's NOW's version?

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
One bump for further ideas on where to purchese this great product,- Besides cost's how's NOW's version?
NOW's version is ok but if you want something even more effective, and Synertek is too expensive, than try Colostrum RX. It contains the same 500mg per capsule as NOW's does, except this version is extracted during the crucial first six hours.

http//store.primaryshopping.net/60100038.html

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Yes, you want first milking.

Look into New Zealand cattle.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I sure hope to that a sponser(hint hint) adds a bulk line, its really great stuff when added to protien shakes, i don't know if anyone's tried it before but taste sorta sweet/creamy.

i used to add 3 tsp to all my shakes of NOW's

Anyways thanks for the links, what is the best brand, regaurdless of price?

Also why did BN stop carrying bulk, and why has no one filled this void, After all they have bulk HMB....(cough Cough)

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
what is the best brand, regaurdless of price?
I've always prefered Synertek FIRST HOUR COLOSTRUM, however the other link to Colostrum RX sounded similar in quality but I am not familiar with the company yet. In any case, make sure that the product you end up getting says First Six Hour Colostrum somwhere on the label, as most of the companies do not abide by this process.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Is Colostrum related to milk? I’d love to try it but I’m allergic to milk. I found some made from goats and might try it.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Is Colostrum related to milk? I’d love to try it but I’m allergic to milk. I found some made from goats and might try it.
Colostrum is the formula that pregnant cows feed their young with. First Six Hour Colostrum or, colostrum that was harvested during the first six hours of birth, contains very little lactose and many lactose intolerant people take it without problems but just check with your doc.

If I believed in multi vitamins.... This would be the best one.

timmusi

Awards
I've been taking colostrum for various purposes for 6 1/2 years. I've tried many. Here is the best deal you'll find:
Symbiotics Colostrum plus
21 oz. of what I think is the best colostrum out there
plus the price is unbeatable. It makes high dosing nearly
affordable plus a whole host of extra benefits.
$50 for over a pound is an execellent value plus Symbiotics
is the best (IMO).

Symbiotics
Colostrum Plus Powder, 21 oz can be found at
Thanks, Tim

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking colostrum for various purposes for 6 1/2 years. I've tried many. Here is the best deal you'll find:
Symbiotics Colostrum plus
21 oz. of what I think is the best colostrum out there
plus the price is unbeatable. It makes high dosing nearly
affordable plus a whole host of extra benefits.
$50 for over a pound is an execellent value plus Symbiotics
is the best (IMO).

Symbiotics
Colostrum Plus Powder, 21 oz can be found at
Thanks, Tim
I occur... :cheers:

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
of what I think is the best colostrum out there

While the price may be cheap, one reason why this colostrum is not the best is that their extraction methods occur during the first 24-48 hours after birth.

The first six hours after birth are the primary hours in wich to collect colostrum. After six hours, the calf has already taken the most valuble and beneficial properties from the colostrum, leaving you, or should I say.... leaving the company, with a product that is much less than what it could be.

timmusi

Awards
"While the price may be cheap, one reason why this colostrum is not the best is that their extraction methods occur during the first 24-48 hours after birth."

For me, Symbiotics works well. I took it originally for it's immune boosting properties and it ended up healing a sore
wrist within a week. The colostrum was the only new supp.
I was taking. Plus, being from New Zealand, it's gone through
rigorous testing and quality control. Pasture fed cattle makes me feel better too. I've also have tried Synertek's bulk powder but wasn't impressed. Could be just me though.

My family and I do take Synertek's colostrum lozenges. I
believe they are an excellent product and a good value.
We pop them like candy when coming down with something.

Thanks, Tim

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I don't think it's an issue so long as it's tha first milking.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I don't think it's an issue so long as it's tha first milking.
When reffering to first milking, the only issue is that the company who extracts the colostrum during the first six, ends up with the better product that contains the highest amount of nutrients.

The company that was reffered to waits 24-48 hours untill the calf has taken the most valuble properties from the colostrum so I guess technically it isn't first milking.

synertekwizki

Awards
I am the Department lead for Commercial sales and development for Synertek Colostrom. Dr. Liftalot, check out firstmilking.com then e-mail me at [email protected] for info.

Xtreme84

Xtreme84

Awards
Hmm...

While the price may be cheap, one reason why this colostrum is not the best is that their extraction methods occur during the first 24-48 hours after birth.

The first six hours after birth are the primary hours in wich to collect colostrum. After six hours, the calf has already taken the most valuble and beneficial properties from the colostrum, leaving you, or should I say.... leaving the company, with a product that is much less than what it could be.
:worried:Hmmm.....:worried:I'm concerened with with the stament that you made above because I just checked out Simbiotics official website at symbiotics.com and it states in the very last paragraph, "Colostrum Plus® only uses contents from the first two milkings within 0-6 hours after birth to maintain nature’s perfect balance of immunological and body regulating active proteins". I'm not exactly sure where you got 24-48 hours from. I gather so far that Symbiotics Colostrum Plus seems to be the best deal for what they offer and the price. I only bring this up because I'm considering on purchasing some Colostrum and I am just trying to find the best product with a competitive price.