Creatine same old question different guy

dwfender

Awards
just curious as to what your guys oppinions are on whether or not to take creatine 40 minutes before or immediatly up to 40 minutes after workout...all oppinions are greatly appreciated. By the way im new to this website Ive been a member of anabolicuniverse.com for a while now. Nice to meet you all

Dan

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
good to have you on. no need to wait 40 minutes before taking in the creatine pre/post workout. you see some dudes taking in a carbohydrate drink immediately after a workout with creatine, then chuggin' down protein only shake 20 minutes later. i dont see the reason to go through the hassle. the body's going to be needing nutrients immediately after an intense workout and there is no need to get scientific and wait for the insulin level to increase then feeding protein in your body....just put the creatine, protein, carbs all in one beautiful shake and drink. i prefer 5 grams pre, 7.5-10 grams post. Sage

dwfender

Awards
sdounds like a plan, as for now im going to be loading so im gonna take one before and one after but after that week ill probably just take 1 shake after with 1 scoop of pro and tine, thanks

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
i dont do a loading or a maintainence phase. i just take 5g 30-45 mins pre-workout, and 5g directly post-workout for the extent of the creatine cycle (usually 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off). seems to work pretty well.

drfly

Awards
yeh, i would say dont waste ur time with loading phases, just take 15-20g a day for the whole cycle, or if u prefer less, 10-15g. ive never experienced any results with less than 10g a day, but everyone's different.

feelnfit

Awards
i agree everybody is different i take 40-60 grms a day to see results. usually 20 before and 20 after and the rest before bed.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
... booo, creatine!

(V-12 all the way! and by the way, welcome dwfender :) )

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I usually don't load creatine mono, although from time to time I will. I've been using V-12 though and probably won't ever go back! :)

And damn, 40-60g daily, holy ****! That seems like a kidney buster to me :D

drfly

Awards
i have yet to try v-12, but i still get pretty good results from creatine mono, generally 5-10 lbs per 8 week cycle, so im satisfied, once my gains start dropping off, i will probably look into something like v-12.

Jedi Master

Banned
Awards
i agree everybody is different i take 40-60 grms a day to see results. usually 20 before and 20 after and the rest before bed.
Well for shits sake I hope you are drinking enough water, that is a-fucking-lot of creatine.