Crazy people

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I didn't beleived a guy until I saw those Ammonia in capsules. God, this is so bad.... And by bad, I mean poison. What the hell people think when they take those??

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I didn't beleived a guy until I saw those Ammonia in capsules. God, this is so bad.... And by bad, I mean poison. What the hell people think when they take those??
Did I miss something? Whats going on?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I didn't knew people were sniffing ammonia pre workout... Darn that's dangerous..

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
I didn't knew people were sniffing ammonia pre workout... Darn that's dangerous..
Im pretty sure its just used for when people are knocked out and used to bring them back into consiousness... i never heard of someone taking it pre workout... wierd.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol: they have those in our first aid kit. The sure do wake you up!:dance:

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok, I have heard about old school guys doing that. Yeah I agree that is dangerous/crazy/fill in any other synonym. Ill stick to some ALCAR and AMP when needed.

papa G

Awards
Old school powerlifters do this. When I was a kid my uncle took a WHIFF every time he maxed out. He claimed it helped with blood flow or somthing like that. I've seen it done many times at meets when I was a kid.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sniffing it is no biggie. Actually drinking it would put you in the crazy category.

I think it just acts as a CNS short term stim.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If you watch powerlifting vids you'll probably see a bunch of guys sniffing ammonia. I don't know how dangerous it is, but I'm sure it is unpleasant.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to work on a chemical plant and part of one of the processes was emptying a very large bottle of ammonia, first thing in the morning! Certainly woke you up!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I remember taking a big ammonia whiff right before covering kickoffs during my football days...it would numb the thought process enough to block any fear of the blinding pain from driving my helmet into another players body....It worked but it made me a little groggy!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This honestly doesn't sound that bad to me. Granted, I have sniffed alot weirder **** than ammonia before.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Oh well, it just sounds god damn dangerous.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ammonia rules, we used it to wake up players who got the snot hit out of them, shouldn't kill anyone if used correctly like other things

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to work in an ammonia refrigeration plant, and can tell you firsthand that a capsule of ammonia isn't enough to present any danger, unless some of the liquid got in your eyes perhaps. Sure it'd be uncomfortable as hell, and could possibly have you gagging and crying, but the chances of any serious longterm respiratory damage from that small a quantity is very small.

One thing that's for certain is that when you are surrounded by several thousand tons of pressurized ammonia liquid you are forced to develop a respect for the substance.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I found a place, but didn't want to buy some.. lol

Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Awards
Damn, thought the whole ammonia-sniffing thing was better known than that. Then again I'm not exactly right most days myself...:blink:

speedyreedy5

Awards
It's funny that you said that I just saw some guy do that last night before he put up like 500 lbs, he said it gave him a jolt, I wonder how many brain cells he's killed over the years

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It's funny that you said that I just saw some guy do that last night before he put up like 500 lbs, he said it gave him a jolt, I wonder how many brain cells he's killed over the years
I guess there are not much left as he still is doing it :)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
It's very common place in powerlifting. Usually done just before big lifts. There is no harm from it.