Any idea on shelf life of Tribulus and DHEA?

General_Jah

Awards
Hey guys I have a couple bottles I bought like 6 years ago of Tribulus and DHEA, neither were ever opened so they were completely sealed.

Do you think they are still good to take?

I know on the bottle they say it expired years back but I'm skeptical that it's gone bad heh! Please let me know what you guys think!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as the inner seal is still intact, they might have lost a little bit of potency, but they should still be fine.

Tribulus turns very gummy and shrinks inside of the capsules if it is not sealed.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
As long as the inner seal is still intact, they might have lost a little bit of potency, but they should still be fine.

Tribulus turns very gummy and shrinks inside of the capsules if it is not sealed.
After a certain amount of time, degradation of the active ingredient will occur, reguardless of it's container remaining unopened or not. Aside from oxygenation, light and heat, time itself will cause chemical compositions to change.

I highly doubt that either of the two products are of any benefit after six years but on a side note, based on it's history with a lot of users, six year old Tribulus should deliver the same thing as a brand new bottle of Tribulus.... Very minimal results. :icon_lol:

CustomCapsule

CustomCapsule

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
6yrs is a long time. I would give it two before it was considered expired and another two with some effects, after that I would think it was pretty well degraded also.

CC