Status
Not open for further replies.
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what is the best cortisol blocker, not including fat loss, just cortisol blocking?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have tried retain twice, and really liked it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
LX did not do much for me..nothing that I could notice anyway. Retain..I have had to lower the dose after 2 weeks because all of my joints were aching. My jaw tendons were sore to the point I could hardly open my mouth (Rebound Reloaded may have also contributed to this phenom). It has provided serious damage control in PCT and I have probably lost a little fat despite keeping calories high.

Awards
I have not used LX, but have used retain and i think its the s***.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of herbs have the ability to lower cortisol levels

Cissus
Rhodiola
Bacopa
Ashwaganda
Magnolia Bark

Not sure what the specific mechanisms are, or how suppressive they are

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cissus focuses more on glucocorticoids from what I have read.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Lean Xtreme works for me during PCT, I use 4 caps a day.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
nandi

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 0
Donate

Re: Cissus contains anabolic steroidal compounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted
^^^
Yes, I must've misread that concerning hairloss. Nandi's advice is always welcomed, thx.

Since the plant sterols are only idnetified by their chemical formulas, we have no way of knowing how strongly they bind to the AR. But this issue is likely muted by the overall poor bioavailability of plant sterols in general. While these compounds may contribute a minor anabolic (and suppressive) effect, the primary mode of action of Cissus is blocking the catabolic action of cortisol.

g35driver2003

g35driver2003

Awards
Relacore !!!!!!!!!!!!

jk lol
I have had the best luck with Retain.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I participated in the lean extreme bloodwork test a while back....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/designer-supplements/44139-lean-xtreme-bloodwork.html

had final blood work drawn last Monday and will send them along to Robboe once I get them this week. Bottom line is... the results speak for themselves. I was very happy with the results of LX. Only problem is.... I have nothing to compare it too...... Nevertheless, I will continue to use LX in the future because I know it works for me.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
i would have to say retain i used it during pct and it worked well

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Adaptogens like the ones that Sinner mentioned earlier help one cope with stress and mellow you out, less stress means less cortisol. Cortisol is, after all the stress hormone.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
LX has worked very well for me...

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see bloodwork from the others. we have seen what LX does.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
for those that answered other, could you specify what your "other" is?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
-----cissus[ best cortisol blocker ever]

Could you elaborate on this?

I know it's been known to lower cortisol, but I don't know how, or by how much.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Could you elaborate on this?

I know it's been known to lower cortisol, but I don't know how, or by how much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted
^^^
Yes, I must've misread that concerning hairloss. Nandi's advice is always welcomed, thx.

Since the plant sterols are only idnetified by their chemical formulas, we have no way of knowing how strongly they bind to the AR. But this issue is likely muted by the overall poor bioavailability of plant sterols in general. While these compounds may contribute a minor anabolic (and suppressive) effect, the primary mode of action of Cissus is blocking the catabolic action of cortisol.

Kimber

Awards
While not on the poll list, I had very very good results from two months worth of Blaze Xtreme. Oddly, I noticed some significant depression coming off of it. Thankfully it only lasted a few days.

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
cissus is not a GREAT cortisol blocker

ive been on it fo about 8 months and still have some belly fat which i attribute to cortisol

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cissus is not a GREAT cortisol blocker

ive been on it fo about 8 months and still have some belly fat which i attribute to cortisol
well cissus is not a fat burner! it is probably your diet that has kept your belly fat there not cortisol.

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
well cissus is not a fat burner! it is probably your diet that has kept your belly fat there not cortisol.
not my diet. i am 100% sure cortisol is to blame for my belly fat (if u wanna call i that)

bulk rhodiola over bulk cissus any day

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
I have used phosphatidyl and Lean Xtreme and so far LX has been the best I have taken thus far.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Another benefit of Cissus i must try this at once! I'm startin to feel some shoulder and knee discomfort so i need a joint supp anyway.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Isn't vitamin C supposed to help lower cortisol?

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I've used lean xtreme and reduce-xt.

Reduce-xt caused minor heart palpitations once in a while.

Lean Xtreme didn't cause any noticeable problems. I like lean XT better.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Is the Retain this poll is referring to ALRI's brand or Anabolic Xtreme's brand?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Is the Retain from AX same as the one from ALRI? Also, what dosages do you guys take for Retain?

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
I found out ALRI sold Retain to AX, so yes, it is the same.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
ive taken LXT and retain and felt the effects of Retain more then i did with LXT.

but certainly effective and helped out during PCT.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Lean Xtreme is the sh*t... Ive used both retain and LX for post cycle to reduce cortisol and LX straight ripped me up while I was consuming an insane amount of calories... I dont think I will ever use anything else...

ThisGuy02

ThisGuy02

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to try Retain, as a matter of fact, and I have two questions, if anyone can help me out:

1) I see it claims to help increase T3 production, which is the reason people take Blaze after using Dicana (which I'm running as part of my cutting stack). Anyone know if I could use this?

2) Must you wait until PCT to use it, or can you use it during your last 2 weeks prior to PCT (of 6 total)?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I love LX, expecially in PCT. Sometimes i take one single pill a day (in the morning) to prevent visceral fat deposit, when i'm under stress.

I have yet to try retain - i will for my upcoming cycle.

PS: Lean Xtreme and Reduce XT are supposed to be the same.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not my diet. i am 100% sure cortisol is to blame for my belly fat (if u wanna call i that)

bulk rhodiola over bulk cissus any day
well then you must have bloodwork to back up your 100% certainty. would you mind posting it?

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I am about to run out of LX and with out alot of money to spare I bought Relacore from a local supplement shop for about 20 bucks. I told the lady I was looking for a cheap cortisol blocker and she recommended that. I read the bottle and desctription and ingredients list looked pretty good so I bought it. The bottle says not recommended for use of individuals under 40 yrs old. Do you think this product could be decent at blocking cortisol to cut out the midsection fat?

Relacore

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
What kind of dosage were you using?

1 cap before breakfast, 1 cap 4 hours later, and 1 cap before bedtime?

Lean Xtreme is the sh*t... Ive used both retain and LX for post cycle to reduce cortisol and LX straight ripped me up while I was consuming an insane amount of calories... I dont think I will ever use anything else...

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
2 right when i woke up and 2 right before bed

my obliques were so sick at the time god I wish I had spent the 20 extra bucks instead of this relacore BS

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Retain is potent, but it's not something I'd want to be on beyond PCT. I dose a gram a day of keto orally for maintenance. 7-OH is reasonably-priced and is bioavailable. I would go with capped, bulk keto or Reduce XT from SNS.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Relacore from the store is sh1t my friend... you have to take 6 caps a day to match the potency they did on the tests, and your only getting a 2 week supply bottle... what you WANT is a month supply bottle from relacore.com.... and you only take 3 caps a day with them... that is what the sudies were done with... wallgreens walmart or right aid sells the bottles in 2 week supplies because there are too many ghetto people that cant afford 50 bucks for a dietary supplement... besides, relacore might work to lower cortisol levels for loosing a little belly fat and help with stress a little, but the results your looking for to keep muscle ISNT gonna happen... I work for relacore, so take it for what its worth...go with Lean Xtreme or Retain... I used Retain pct along with clomid and some liver/cholesterol support sups and kept ALL my gains... retain works so well for me that I actually GAIN using it by itself:)

Status
Not open for further replies.