ALCAR as a test booster

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read a supplement description for ALCAR and it stated 2gram dose in the morning elevates test levels, anyone have input on this?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I read a supplement description for ALCAR and it stated 2gram dose in the morning elevates test levels, anyone have input on this?
Yes, as I recall this statement was made in a BAC product description. The study that claim was based on involved men in their 50s or 60s; but I do not recall the specifics.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i never saw the research; although many bodybuilding mags say it causes test from DECREASING from training.

there is a study on pubmed that say it raises sperm count.ive been taking it for 7 months or so and im gonna cycle off it, when this container is though, give it a break and start back on it in a month to three months after i stop.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im cycling off of it just to see if i notice any effects frokm going off to in between to starting it again.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
i heard that it re-sensitizes the ARs (androgen receptors), making it good for PCT.

i heard it was also good for facilitating fat-loss regimens/supplements (which would make sense).

i also heard it is important to supplement with lipoic acid (preferrably the r-isomer) when using ALCAR because it increases the oxidation of fatty acids.

the older you are the more you can benefit from this supplement.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have read Alcar is a Test booster but i havnt seen the studies. I dont beleive anything 100% unless the studies are out there; although, it doesnt mean it doesnt boost test levels. I have seent he studies at pubmed that say Alcar increases semen making a male more fertile. Its at pubmed. N0o i dont have time to get the article but its on there.