Best Cutting Supplements
- 04-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Best Cutting Supplements
Question for those w/more knowledge than me.
I've been bulking for a few months now, about to begin cutting for 1-2 months for summer/modeling.
I have no problem cutting my cals, I'm quite good at it, my problem is maintaining as much muscle as poss while I cut down under 7% bf.
I plan on upping my cardio (running) to every other day, cutting cals as much as req'd, weights every other day, to lose 1 lb/week until shredded.
For supps I will occassionaly take an ECA, I have yohimbie HCL as well and some ALA.
How much ALA should I be taking daily? 1000 mg?
Since BDC has cut sales of usinic acid, which product would be most beneficial in addition to my current supps that is not a prohormone?
I'm considering Anant's FL7 II but am not convinced that is my best choice.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
- 04-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by JWest0926
Since BDC has cut sales of usinic acid
- 04-28-2003, 11:26 AM
As far as ALA goes, I'd use 1500-2000 mg. taken with your carb meals.
04-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Why only 1lb a week are you concerned any more will result in muscle loss. 2lbs a week is more than possible. I mean why diet longer than you have to.
Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
04-28-2003, 06:31 PM
A few options to consider:
1. Look into SAN's "Tight." It has Synephrine, Forskolin, Synthetic Guggulsterones, Caffeine, Yohimbe, Vinpocetine. It is an all around non-ephedra fat burner.
2. Green Tea Extract capsules. Very cheap. 1fast400 carries for $7/100 capsules. Take three spread out over a day.
3. Acetyl-L-Carnitine. This gets a little expensive. Beyond-A-Century has a good price one this: 120 caps/500 mg for $19.90. You should take 2-4 caps a day.
4. T2 (3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine). PBL makes "TRx" and SAN makes "Thryocuts II." PBL's is cheaper.
5. CLA. I think you need to take about 9 grams a day. So this can get expensive. But many swear by this supplement.
Incidentally, most people advocate taking R-ALA over ALA. It is more expensive but you don't have to take as much. You can take 600 mg a day of R-ALA. 1fast400 carries his own brand and Syntrax just came out with "R".
04-28-2003, 08:25 PM
If your looking for Usnic Acid, check out the sticky titled "Usnic Acid" in the Swap Meet forum.
04-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Thanks alot for the options Guy in LA. Greatly appreciated. For those intersted, I'm currently 6'2" 205, realistically around 10% BF. Most of my fat is held in my ab region, I maintain much vascularity elsewhere.
I plan on cutting to 190 185 over the next 2 mos.
04-29-2003, 08:07 AM
Woah if you're at 10% bf and 205 pounds that means you've got 20.5lbs of fat. Now If you cut down to 185 you'll probably be losing 10 muscles of muscle. I doubt you have enough fat on your body to cut that low. I'd aim for 195-200, judging by your comments about overall vascularity
04-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the comments Bryan. Another reason I'm shooting for 185-190 is that the modeling industry wants me at 180. I like myself a bit larger than that due to my bone structure. Last summer I hit 185 probably around 8%, some abs, but not the greatest, this summer I'd like to hit that at a lower BF% w/better abs.
I'm 22 not that it matters.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Thomasxavier in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
- By TulsaTalons in forum SupplementsReplies: 41Last Post: 10-25-2012, 04:44 PM
- By kglacken in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2012, 04:37 AM
- By avalenzi in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 11-28-2010, 10:29 PM
- By JWest0926 in forum SupplementsReplies: 13Last Post: 07-06-2003, 01:37 PM