ALRI Lipolytic Whey

DaveB

Awards
Just thought I would stop by and give my initial observations on ALRI lipolytic whey protein.

Firstly the company promo;

"Lipolytic Whey Protein™ (5 pounds)
Introducing ALRI Lipolytic Whey Protein™

With all of the endless possible sources of protein available today only one still remains king: Whey...And it just got better!

We combined high quality whey protein concentrate with our one of our favorite new stimulant free fat burning goodies called OEA. Together they aid in building a better, more muscular lean body by supporting your serious training and dietary efforts in a big way.

What’s so Special About Whey?

Whey protein fills the body with the right building blocks and micro fractions used for building muscle tissue. Nearly every serious athlete knows the importance of protein supplementation, and more importantly the superiority of whey protein. Many studies have done to compare whey protein to other protein sources. They have found that whey protein contains the perfect ratio of overall amino acid in just the right concentrations for optimal performance in the body. Whey protein has also been noted to play a role as an antioxidant and an immune system builder. Combined with training, whey protein has been shown to build muscle. Bottom line!

Okay, but everyone already knew that…

How about…Burning fat while building muscle?

OEA is produced in the small intestine and belongs to a group of fats produced in response to nervous system activity and certain metabolic events.

In an interesting mammal study published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, OEA was shown to reduce feeding and body weight gain by activating the nuclear receptor PPAR-alpha (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha). In the present report, we examined whether OEA can also influence energy utilization. OEA stimulated glycerol and fatty acid release from freshly dissociated rat adipocytes. OEA enhanced fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle strips, dissociated hepatocytes, and primary cardiomyocyte cultures. Administration of OEA in vivo produced lipolysis.

In short, the OEA study results showed a decrease in food intake and an increase in calorie expenditure by way of lipolysis and fat oxidation through a unique pathway. The same study left us with this quote to consider: “The results suggest that OEA stimulates fat utilization through activation of PPAR-alpha and that this effect may contribute to its anti-obesity actions”. "

My thoughts;

Taste:

I was hesitant when I went to try this, partly due to my own experience of trying to include other powders with protein (i.e. CEE). But the addition of OEA has not hindered the taste at all. It is one of the better tasting proteins on the market. Better that ON choc but not as nice as Biotest LC Grow. It should be added that up to this point I have only tried it in Skimmed milk and will be trying water today. I would rate it
8/10

Consistency:

The flavour I chose was 'Chocolate Milkshake' and the consistency was that of a good milkshake. I like my shakes thick and this did not disappoint. I used a blender to mix, ergo no clumps. I have some in a shaker for me today so I will let you all know how that is.
9/10

Price:

Simply excellent value even compared to ON/Reflex
10/10

Profile:

To me this is the major factor, and I like so many things in life it has its ups and it downs.

Supplement Facts:

Serving size: 1 Scoop (approx.29g)
Serving Per Container: 75

Amount per serving
Calories: 120
Calories from Fat: 22
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 25mg
Sodium: 50mg
Potassium: 125mg
Total Carbohydrates: 2g
Sugars (naturally occuring): 2g
Fiber: 0.5g
Protein 22.5g

The addition of OEA is an intriguing one. I have skimmed over the studies and it does seem an interesting compound. I know ALRI Special Tactics, Scivation - Lipid FX and Controlled Labs - Red acid, use it. I am curious about the oral bioavailability of the compound and an upper limit (if a rep could chime in). Obviously I cannot judge the compound after one use and in truth will never be able to comment on the efficacy due to so may other factors. But the innovation of adding a fat burner to a protein has to be credited.

(will edit when I get home and add the ingredients)

The have included a variety of why fractions, some of which have been linked to immune system health. And added BCAA's peptides which is always nice to know, as is the low carb content.

I feel the formula could have been improved with more of a emphasis on longer lasting protein sources and some faster acting as oppose to mainly concentrates. Although this would have increased the price somewhat.
8/10

Overall:

To date I have never been let down by an ALRI product and that record still holds true. Innovative design, great solid tasting chocolate milkshake, all at good value. And as a bonus it may go someway in the eternal fat loss battle.

Soon I will be combining it with the Tri-lean system + T-X and I will be sure to post me comments (I am more of a final review guy as oppose to a daily log guy)

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I ran out of whey recently and saw this on offer, thought i would give it a whirl. I got vanilla flavour.

Tastes good! not super creamy but a nice vanilla aftertaste.
Mixability - not as good as some, requires a fair old shake but one it does mix there are no clumps.

I like the inclusion of OEA, and BCAA's but there is no detail on the tub as to how much of each is included.

I have only used it a handful of times so far but based on taste and price would buy again.

DaveB

Awards
Just to update it is very good in water as it is in milk, always useful to save a few calories

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I would stop by and give my initial observations on ALRI lipolytic whey protein.

Firstly the company promo;

"Lipolytic Whey Protein™ (5 pounds)
Introducing ALRI Lipolytic Whey Protein™

With all of the endless possible sources of protein available today only one still remains king: Whey...And it just got better!

We combined high quality whey protein concentrate with our one of our favorite new stimulant free fat burning goodies called OEA. Together they aid in building a better, more muscular lean body by supporting your serious training and dietary efforts in a big way.

What’s so Special About Whey?

Whey protein fills the body with the right building blocks and micro fractions used for building muscle tissue. Nearly every serious athlete knows the importance of protein supplementation, and more importantly the superiority of whey protein. Many studies have done to compare whey protein to other protein sources. They have found that whey protein contains the perfect ratio of overall amino acid in just the right concentrations for optimal performance in the body. Whey protein has also been noted to play a role as an antioxidant and an immune system builder. Combined with training, whey protein has been shown to build muscle. Bottom line!

Okay, but everyone already knew that…

How about…Burning fat while building muscle?

OEA is produced in the small intestine and belongs to a group of fats produced in response to nervous system activity and certain metabolic events.

In an interesting mammal study published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, OEA was shown to reduce feeding and body weight gain by activating the nuclear receptor PPAR-alpha (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha). In the present report, we examined whether OEA can also influence energy utilization. OEA stimulated glycerol and fatty acid release from freshly dissociated rat adipocytes. OEA enhanced fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle strips, dissociated hepatocytes, and primary cardiomyocyte cultures. Administration of OEA in vivo produced lipolysis.

In short, the OEA study results showed a decrease in food intake and an increase in calorie expenditure by way of lipolysis and fat oxidation through a unique pathway. The same study left us with this quote to consider: “The results suggest that OEA stimulates fat utilization through activation of PPAR-alpha and that this effect may contribute to its anti-obesity actions”. "

My thoughts;

Taste:

I was hesitant when I went to try this, partly due to my own experience of trying to include other powders with protein (i.e. CEE). But the addition of OEA has not hindered the taste at all. It is one of the better tasting proteins on the market. Better that ON choc but not as nice as Biotest LC Grow. It should be added that up to this point I have only tried it in Skimmed milk and will be trying water today. I would rate it
8/10

Consistency:

The flavour I chose was 'Chocolate Milkshake' and the consistency was that of a good milkshake. I like my shakes thick and this did not disappoint. I used a blender to mix, ergo no clumps. I have some in a shaker for me today so I will let you all know how that is.
9/10

Price:

Simply excellent value even compared to ON/Reflex
10/10

Profile:

To me this is the major factor, and I like so many things in life it has its ups and it downs.

Supplement Facts:

Serving size: 1 Scoop (approx.29g)
Serving Per Container: 75

Amount per serving
Calories: 120
Calories from Fat: 22
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 25mg
Sodium: 50mg
Potassium: 125mg
Total Carbohydrates: 2g
Sugars (naturally occuring): 2g
Fiber: 0.5g
Protein 22.5g

The addition of OEA is an intriguing one. I have skimmed over the studies and it does seem an interesting compound. I know ALRI Special Tactics, Scivation - Lipid FX and Controlled Labs - Red acid, use it. I am curious about the oral bioavailability of the compound and an upper limit (if a rep could chime in). Obviously I cannot judge the compound after one use and in truth will never be able to comment on the efficacy due to so may other factors. But the innovation of adding a fat burner to a protein has to be credited.

(will edit when I get home and add the ingredients)

The have included a variety of why fractions, some of which have been linked to immune system health. And added BCAA's peptides which is always nice to know, as is the low carb content.

I feel the formula could have been improved with more of a emphasis on longer lasting protein sources and some faster acting as oppose to mainly concentrates. Although this would have increased the price somewhat.
8/10

Overall:

To date I have never been let down by an ALRI product and that record still holds true. Innovative design, great solid tasting chocolate milkshake, all at good value. And as a bonus it may go someway in the eternal fat loss battle.

Soon I will be combining it with the Tri-lean system + T-X and I will be sure to post me comments (I am more of a final review guy as oppose to a daily log guy)
Nice review!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks Interesting. Fit n Firm or Viper or an ARLI rep. What is the amino acid profile in Mg s for one scoop

Example L-Leucine 2,825 , l-iSOLUECINE 1,975, L-Valine 1,850