PWO BCAA's: is more better?

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Suppose I had hundreds of grams of BCAA, Acetyl L-Glutamine, and L-Citrulline Malate at my disposal (compare to basic formula of Excell).

Most of the PWO forumlas I see have a couple of grams of each, roughly.

If I had a large quantity of bulk powders of each, would a larger dose be better or is it a case of diminishing returns at which point I should stick with the conventional ~1-3 grams per component?

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I have experimented with this for the past four months and have gone through a ton of Extend in the process. I first used the recommended four scoops pre / during workout for my weight range and I did notice a marginal difference with my endurance and recovery.
Once I bumped it up to six heaping scoops pre / during my endurance went through the roof and my recovery seems to definitely be faster than before.
I have now added an additional serving of two scoops post w/o and am experiencing even better results.

Just my $0.02

Suppose I had hundreds of grams of BCAA, Acetyl L-Glutamine, and L-Citrulline Malate at my disposal (compare to basic formula of Excell).

Most of the PWO forumlas I see have a couple of grams of each, roughly.

If I had a large quantity of bulk powders of each, would a larger dose be better or is it a case of diminishing returns at which point I should stick with the conventional ~1-3 grams per component?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I recently starte dusing Xtend with fabulouse results. I typically go with 3 scoops for during/post work out and have noticed a great increase in endruence and even strength gain (minimal) I have used 4 scoops and have noticed that it does increase my endurence more than the 3 scoops. I will eventually probably work my way up to 4 1/2 to 5 scoops.

How much ou weight will determine your amount but if your going above your bodies abaility to utilize it you will know.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I have also tried this. Xtend recommended 2 servings(aka 4 scoops) for my weight. I saw some results, but read about many others megadosing and seeing great results, so I slowly added a serving(aka 2 scoops) about every week. I got up to 4 servings and saw great results, but it also killed my tub. So I don't recommend it to college kids like myself, but if you have the money its well worth it. I also just put all the servings in a gal. jug of water and started sipping 20 mins pre and took it all the way to pwo. That is my experience with the BCAA's, I just wish I had the money to keep doing that.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I go with 2 scoops pre, 6 scoops during and 2 scoops post. Agree with what the others have said.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Half gallon of water, 10 scoops of xtend. I starting drinking before and continue through the workout. Whatever I do not finish I drink throughout the rest of the day. This dosing was actually recommended in a Scivation newsletter I received.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
There's a few guys I know who megadosed over on another board. Not sure what they really gained by megadosing besides a light wallet.