Flax vs. Olive

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
What are your opinions about Extra Virgin Olive Oil vs. Flax or IMO Barleans Ground Flax??

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Run a search. I believe there was a thread not too long ago discussing these two.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
If you find the thread can you post a link to it.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Olive oil is polyunsatured fat without and omega 3, 6 or 9's present i believe, whereas Flax is a balance of the 3.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you look into a mix of oils because you need the proper fats in the proper amounts to get all of the health benefits, I personally use Udo's 3.6.9 oil it's great stuff and the taste isn't too bad, if you can't find that go with Hempseed oil it's actually a better balance of fats then Flax.

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
mmm. yummy. that Hemp oil tastes like grandma's ass

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Olive oil is polyunsatured fat without and omega 3, 6 or 9's present i believe, whereas Flax is a balance of the 3.
Extra Virgin Olive oil has a higher percentage monounsaturated oil with a high ratio of oleic acid which is why it has excellent lipid profile benefit. Olive oil contains Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids.

T

The Graduate

Awards
Extra Virgin Olive oil has a higher percentage monounsaturated oil with a high ratio of oleic acid which is why it has excellent lipid profile benefit. Olive oil contains Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids.
Yes, but far more 6s than 3s. So you need to make sure you are getting enough o3 or your balance will be way oof.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids must be consumed in equal quantities? I usually grind up two tablespoons of flax seed before bed every night and every once in a while dip bread in olive oil or add some to a shake.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
So 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids must be consumed in equal quantities? I usually grind up two tablespoons of flax seed before bed every night and every once in a while dip bread in olive oil or add some to a shake.
No, it's just what he thinks.