Phera Plex swollen lymph nodes flu???

jagg

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm current on a cycle of Phera Plex and taking all the needed support supps. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced swollen lymph nodes in their neck while on PP?? I'm on day 5 of my cycle and I noticed the swollen nodes on day 3.

Can PP give you the flu or weaken the immune system?? I don't feel sick, I just have these nodes I can feel in my neck. They're not noticable to the eye but I can feel 3 of them right on my jaw line about the size of a pea. Thanks.

doom3q

Banned
Awards
A few days ago someone on the board got the same problem near the start (5 days in) of his superdrol cycle. It got so severe that he had to stop the cycle. I'm wondering if some of these batches are contaminated?

I dug up the thread for you:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/47583-weird-superdrol-sides.html

basically his nodes got so swollen that he had trouble breathing and ended up in the ER.

All I can suggest is to watch them carefully. If they get worse, stop the cycle. good luck.

jagg

Awards
A few days ago someone on the board got the same problem near the start (5 days in) of his superdrol cycle. It got so severe that he had to stop the cycle. I'm wondering if some of these batches are contaminated?

I dug up the thread for you:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/47583-weird-superdrol-sides.html

basically his nodes got so swollen that he had trouble breathing and ended up in the ER.

All I can suggest is to watch them carefully. If they get worse, stop the cycle. good luck.
Ahh, don't freak me out man!!!

Actually I read that guys post. Turns out he had mono. The doctors even told him he could continue his Superdrol if he wanted cuz it wasn't the cause.

I think it maybe due to my allergies. I've been having nasty allergies the past couple weeks. Waking up with crusty eyes, scratchy throat and sneezing like crazy. Oh and the mucus... whoa... a lot of mucus coming out of my nose. ha.

But I'll keep monitoring myself. Thanks.

doom3q

Banned
Awards
yeah, probabily just coincidence. no worries.

some androgens do weaken your immune system, which is probabily aggrevating your allergies.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Im almost sure that when you put your body in a purely anabolic state (cycle) with a calorie deficit you weaken your immune system and other body functions. I am no doctor but have gooten the "anabolic flu" several times and since trying masterdrol in nov ive had tonsilitis 4 times! never before in my life have i had tonsilitis. The last time i had it was on my halodrol cycle and it was bad. If anyone can prove or disprove this i am quite interested to know. But since masterdrol and superdrol are quite similar if not he same it does make one wonder, while halodrol is not so similar it adds to the weaker immune system theory. My glands were quite swollen for weeks before i had tonsilitis. I agree with doom that it prolly weakens the immune system and lets nasty critters in.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is this your first cycle. There is a very common symptom among AS user called TEST FLU. It has nothing to do with contamination it's your body reacting to the influx of new hormones. I'm not scientific or anything but that's the easiest way it was explained to me. These substance are chemical hormones that are foreign to your body so flu like symptons can occur.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You're throwing your sytem out of homeostasis with the exogenous hormones, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the body react the way it does to other things that upset biochemical balances.

Are you running a fever or experiencing any other symptoms which would be solely (or at least primarily) attributable to viral or bacterial infection?

jagg

Awards
You're throwing your sytem out of homeostasis with the exogenous hormones, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the body react the way it does to other things that upset biochemical balances.

Are you running a fever or experiencing any other symptoms which would be solely (or at least primarily) attributable to viral or bacterial infection?
No I don't seem to have any other symptoms. I just have some nasty allergies that I've had the past couple weeks.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
No I don't seem to have any other symptoms. I just have some nasty allergies that I've had the past couple weeks.
Are the allergies unusual for you?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Only you can tell if this is a problem to be worried about. If you're worried, talk to a doctor. I was just asking questions to get you thinking about what you're experiencing. Your Doc might frown on the use of PP (if you even tell him/her) but it's legal so no worries there. Your health should be your top priority.

Last edited:
somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Are the allergies unusual for you?
you know i also had allergies for the first time ever this year starting weeks after my halo cycle. which makes sense b/c the doc said allergies are from either an over or underactive immune system.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
My first superdol cycle I caught the flew during the first week of PCT and I ran a fever for 4 days, with a cough and non stop sweating. I lost all the weight I gained, but surprisingly kept most of the strength.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think this is pretty much 100% common with everyone on AAS. my buddy took SD/Prostan. He had a lowered immune system and normally didn't do anything for his health. Three Days in he was sick in bed throwing up. Another buddy of mine had the same problem with Prostan/Ergo and Jetfuel. I think the Jet fuel depleted his Vit B and then the prostan/ergo weakened his immune system and he was already in the presence of germs. so wham bam. that's how I see it anyways. That's why I take 1500 mg of C and Vit B 2 weeks before I start a cycle.

papa G

Awards
When I first stated SD one of my zits turned into a boil on my right inner thigh. It got so bad that I had to get it lanced. Anabolics definately can lower your immune system.

It's pretty common for people to get sick when they first get on cycle or during PCT.

Redeemer

Awards
Ancillaries (sp) and calories as well as water intake and rest play a huge part as everyone knows. This simply cannot be stated enough.