GEE - Glutamine Ethyl Ester feedback

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen much feedback or any reviews on this product since it's release, so I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread on it. I know Custom recently released bulk powder also, allowing us to play around with dosing a little more.

Sound off on your results. Include dosage, duration of use, anything else, etc. Thanks!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Sounds innovative. After CEE, BCAA ester, and blah ... and now everything will be esterified. I doubt there is a major diff. Just my 2 cents.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got a bottle for free in my last order. But, I just started taking it - so it's early for feedback.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It had me pumped more than any nitric oxide booster, seemed to amplify creatine or CEE effects.. I used Omega Sports GEE caps, took 5 pre/post workout..

Next, I may order the bulk powder to mix with bulk Leucine and Citrulline...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I haven't gotten to play around with my bulk GEE too much yet, but I have noticed an improved recovery and some pretty decent pumps from it at 5-10 grams pre and post WO. It's not super-dramatic, but it is an improvment. My goal is to see what it can do over the longer term and after life lets me get back to a set training schedule here in a week or two, I'll try to post any further impressions.

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, fellas. Sounds like you got some good results, bigpete. I look forward to your feedback, bio. Meanwhile I think I'm gonna stack GEE and xCEEd (double dosed) for a month. I'll post my results.

A

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in results, please post them when you have them.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've used the Omega Sports GEE at around 5g pre-workout. Pumps were there. DOMs and recovery seemed a little better also.

I think it would be better in powder form, to mix with Xtend, I'd imagine it would work quite well.

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
I haven't gotten to play around with my bulk GEE too much yet, but I have noticed an improved recovery and some pretty decent pumps from it at 5-10 grams pre and post WO. It's not super-dramatic, but it is an improvment. My goal is to see what it can do over the longer term and after life lets me get back to a set training schedule here in a week or two, I'll try to post any further impressions.
What's the good word? Right now it's a toss up b/w GEE and Jungle Warfare, seeing that they are the same price I might go w/ Jungle since it has more positive feedback.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've been talking to two companies who'll send me bulk GEE, Acetyl-L-Glutamine, and N-Acetyl-Glutamine for cheap.. ;)

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I think you'll just get the benefits of regular glutamine with a MUCH lower dose, i mean 50g's of regular glutamine is the lowest i use, you really do need alot of the stuff, but with the esterfied version i'm sure 15-20g's will do.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
IMO Glutamine is not worth the cost/time it takes to consume.

Back in the day when I tried it, I did notice a decrease in DOMS...thats about it.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
IMO Glutamine is not worth the cost/time it takes to consume.

Back in the day when I tried it, I did notice a decrease in DOMS...thats about it.

I don't know why that sounds crazy, maybe because I've heard from so many different sources that creatin/protein/glutomine are all best friends in getting protein to your muscles and lowering your recovery time.

I just bought glutamine E E from island when I ordered 3d and ampd. Out of the three I like the glutamine as it's the one I take more regularly. And I only take 2 pre and 2 post. I haven't had really any slowing down, and I keep upping my workout and my post workout cardio.

If you lift weights, glutamine or gee is the way to go. But what do I know.

A

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
So basically, GEE is really no different than regular glutamine. Just lower dosage of GEE yields somewhat same results as would 50g of glutamine would?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
All in all, the GEE seems to have pretty subtle, but noticable impact on reducing DOMS and shortening their duration for me. I have not noticed too much in the way of pumps, but then I mix it with my usual di-arg malate so the GEE may not give pumps above and beyond that.

It IS a tad expensive but IMO it's a decent option for those who want something non-hormonal to aid with high intesity training and possibly cutting. As a general health aid, it may be worthwhile for immune system issues, but this remains to be seen (although I have not been sick at all while on it if that is any indication, N=1).

If you're going to use glutamine, this esterfied version does seem to be the best so far.

Big thanks to Custom for being the first to carry this in bulk :thumbsup:

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
All in all, the GEE seems to have pretty subtle, but noticable impact on reducing DOMS and shortening their duration for me. I have not noticed too much in the way of pumps, but then I mix it with my usual di-arg malate so the GEE may not give pumps above and beyond that.

It IS a tad expensive but IMO it's a decent option for those who want something non-hormonal to aid with high intesity training and possibly cutting. As a general health aid, it may be worthwhile for immune system issues, but this remains to be seen (although I have not been sick at all while on it if that is any indication, N=1).

If you're going to use glutamine, this esterfied version does seem to be the best so far.

Big thanks to Custom for being the first to carry this in bulk :thumbsup:
I agree with this but as far as cost : benefit ratio goes, Id say one would be much better off buying 100 grams of CEE for $7 instead of GEE. It may help a little but unless you have money to burn, there are better alternatives IMO.

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Bump for more feedback. Is this supp now a dead horse?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think it's just that everything is ethyl-ester now so it's fading abit.. Anyone up for acetyl-l-cheeseburger ethyl-ester?

:D

H

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Pete, you're a man and a half lookin all swole! Are you on a see-food bulk or what?