Best supp(s) for lowering LDL chol

K

kappaz

Banned
Awards
What do you guys think is the best, should I just combine all of these- Ryr/Coq10, policosanol, fish oil etc.. Might be easier to just buy some cycle support :D

I also just read this- NAC is an antioxidant that has been shown to prevent the oxidization of LDL cholesterol from the material that lines blood vessels.

Well I have been taking NAC for the past 6 months around 1.2-2.4 g a day. I guess it isn't helping too much. I haven't had any for the past 50 days because of my x-factor cycle along with no fish oil.

My levels aren't that bad but I would like to get them lower

October-
Cholesterol, Total 170mg/dL (100-169)
LDL Cholesterol 111 mg/dL (0-99)

I just got my bloodwork back from 2 weeks ago and it was
Cholesterol, Total 200 mg/L (100-199)
LDL Cholesterol 135 mg/dL (0-99)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think is the best, should I just combine all of these- Ryr/Coq10, policosanol, fish oil etc.. Might be easier to just buy some cycle support :D

I also just read this- NAC is an antioxidant that has been shown to prevent the oxidization of LDL cholesterol from the material that lines blood vessels.

Well I have been taking NAC for the past 6 months around 1.2-2.4 g a day. I guess it isn't helping too much. I haven't had any for the past 50 days because of my x-factor cycle along with no fish oil.

My levels aren't that bad but I would like to get them lower

October-
Cholesterol, Total 170mg/dL (100-169)
LDL Cholesterol 111 mg/dL (0-99)

I just got my bloodwork back from 2 weeks ago and it was
Cholesterol, Total 200 mg/L (100-199)
LDL Cholesterol 135 mg/dL (0-99)
Why would you say that NAC isn't doing much? You were off it for approximately 35 days or more when you had your blood test done correct?

CROWLER

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
lots of fiber in your diet: oatmeal, lentils, ground flax seeds and even metamucil (sugar free)

K

kappaz

Banned
Awards
Why would you say that NAC isn't doing much? You were off it for approximately 35 days or more when you had your blood test done correct?

CROWLER
I was only off it about 15-20 days when I had the blood work done. Plus at the dosages I took/time length I was on it, I would have thought the cholesterol would be in the normal range.

K

kappaz

Banned
Awards
Isn't NAC supposed to be great for your liver
Mine came back normal but were at the high end of the range
I'm sure these levels look great though after seeing peoples bloodwork on sd

AST (SGOT) 40 IU/L (0-40)
ALT (SGPT) 55 IU/L (0-55)

No idea why DHEA was low
DHEA-Sulfate 195 ug/dL (280-640)

C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac was also high

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I was only off it about 15-20 days when I had the blood work done. Plus at the dosages I took/time length I was on it, I would have thought the cholesterol would be in the normal range.
SOrry about that I misread your post I thought you said you have been off it for 50 days and you had your blood drawn 2 weeks ago. Well whatever in your life, including genetics which caused your cholesterol level to be off probably was still in effect for the time you were off.

You may want to have a look at this product here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/46964-cycle-support-writeup-full.html

CROWLER

T

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Dont feel bad. I have never used PH's and last May my LDL Cholesterol tested at 203. Eat Oats Oats Oats!!!