Supplements for girlfriend, advice welcome?

  1. Supplements for girlfriend, advice welcome?


    My girlfriend is over stressed, over worked, naturally petite but dosnt work out to often(maybe once a weekish) Her stress levels are threw the roof due to working three jobs and finishing another year of college, not mention alot of social issiues. That being said she dosnt eat properly and dosnt get enough sleep.

    Its completicated and i do everything i can to keep her in healthy condition, her mentsteral cycle is off and i was wondering if there was anything she could take to help her stay on a normal monthly cycle like she used to be.


    Also i have put her on 5-htp,sam-E , Good multi vitamin(high iron) Super EPA, Milk thistle and harthorn berry thorn.(she has a heart mermor) And she takes After Max after she works out.


    I tried to get her to take AntiOxident(made her feel really sick)

    Anyways i don't want her to go on all the crap i'm on.

    Is there anything i should add to her sup regiem, i just convinced her to take Whey protein every day, she'll start once i get her the bag.

    Now because of the fact we are moving in and money is short and she is paying for her college out of her own pocket, i am helping her by buying her supplements.

    I am curious if there are any products out there that combine a bunch of greatthings so i can save money and also if anyone has any suggestions on things i should add into her daily stack.


    Big thanks
    Dr liftalot


  2. Also thoughts maybe something like nuerostim to help her focus and stay motivated in school?

    She's pretty pickey about flavor and such forth?

    Any advice on a good nuerotropic stack(similir to nuerostim) thinking nuero stim but price is a bit up there, will use this if nothing else is suggested for her.


    Also another reason i made this thread, not because i don't browse body building boards alot, its just i'm not 100% sure about supplements and women; Such as diffrence in dosaging side effects and general saftey,I love her way to much to put her in any sort of danger so anything i give her i have to be 110% sure that will help her and not hurt her.


    Anyways big thanks/reps for respones

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot
    Also thoughts maybe something like nuerostim to help her focus and stay motivated in school?

    She's pretty pickey about flavor and such forth?

    Any advice on a good nuerotropic stack(similir to nuerostim) thinking nuero stim but price is a bit up there, will use this if nothing else is suggested for her.


    Also another reason i made this thread, not because i don't browse body building boards alot, its just i'm not 100% sure about supplements and women; Such as diffrence in dosaging side effects and general saftey,I love her way to much to put her in any sort of danger so anything i give her i have to be 110% sure that will help her and not hurt her.


    Anyways big thanks/reps for respones
    On the cognitive stimulant, I am always quick to suggest USP Lab's C2. Each of the components of it's ingredient profile could stand alone, but when combined they have a very nice synergy. I am too lazy right now to post individual studies on it's ingredients, but check their website for the ingredient profile and then goto www.pubmed.com to obtain some studies.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    On the cognitive stimulant, I am always quick to suggest USP Lab's C2. Each of the components of it's ingredient profile could stand alone, but when combined they have a very nice synergy. I am too lazy right now to post individual studies on it's ingredients, but check their website for the ingredient profile and then goto www.pubmed.com to obtain some studies.
    Cool i'll look into it,
    big thanks!

  5. Lean Extreme.... works wonders!

  6. I would suggest you save your money and invest more time in her taking her to the gym.
    An intense workout is the best stress reliever in the world for me, put on some gloves and punch the crap out of a bag will not only give her a workout but help relieve all the tension from the day.
    Her cycle will probably return to normal once she is destressed and eating properly, and enough sleep is more powerful than any supp.
    Suggest excercises that are fun and involve the two of you, rollerblading around the park, or playing frisbee still give you great cardio, as well as make you laugh which is a natural relaxant.
    Supplements are great, but they are just that, a way of supplementing and already good base. I am not sure that she has a good base to work from yet, so concentrate on that for now.
    KG

  7. Quote Originally Posted by karategirl
    I would suggest you save your money and invest more time in her taking her to the gym.
    An intense workout is the best stress reliever in the world for me, put on some gloves and punch the crap out of a bag will not only give her a workout but help relieve all the tension from the day.
    Her cycle will probably return to normal once she is destressed and eating properly, and enough sleep is more powerful than any supp.
    Suggest excercises that are fun and involve the two of you, rollerblading around the park, or playing frisbee still give you great cardio, as well as make you laugh which is a natural relaxant.
    Supplements are great, but they are just that, a way of supplementing and already good base. I am not sure that she has a good base to work from yet, so concentrate on that for now.
    KG

    I do agree, and wish i could do more, since we don't live together there's only so much i can do. Its a work in progress just getting her to get a semi normal amount of sleep when she's not over(she stays weekends at my place) is hard.


    I am well aware that diet,sleep,exercise are the key's and supplements expand apon those avenues. But lets pretend i am doing what i can and she's making slow progress. What would you advise that could help her?

    Thanks for your imput

    Reps when i can

    Dr liftalot:bruce3:

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot
    Reps when i can
    Dr liftalot
    I can do that for you

    But yeah - supplements in the best case will just address a particular issue. And it sounds like she just needs to have some fun, relax and unwind. But I'm just repeating karate here...
    Last edited by rocketscientist; 06-06-2006 at 05:26 PM.

  9. I would say maybe a shrink, or some counseling, to deal with the social issues. I would say maybe lose one of the jobs if at all possible?? I wouldn't want to go work out if I had 3 jobs and went to school too. She also has a boyfriend, which I don't mean to come off sounding mean, but at times that can be stressfull on her as well. All of these supplements you are putting her on might be making her feel stressed out as well because remembering to take them all is a hassle.


    This might sound over the top, but, if she is really strapped for time and you wouldn't mind doing this for her and you have the time...you could go buy a bunch of those glad ware containers and spend one day out of the week making enough food for her for 3 or 4 days. Just a suggestion, I am trying to help.

  10. Sounds like my life this past semester, I ended up quiting a job, and attending the gym every night for some type of exercise, (which had not been as it should be due to the 3 jobs and boyfriend). I also dumped the boyfriend, not saying she should,but really all in all it helped, the gym always keeps me centered

    Good luck
    RIP Ryan, :(

  11. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    Sounds like my life this past semester, I ended up quiting a job, and attending the gym every night for some type of exercise, (which had not been as it should be due to the 3 jobs and boyfriend). I also dumped the boyfriend, not saying she should,but really all in all it helped, the gym always keeps me centered

    Good luck
    This is so horribly off topic, but are those your eyes Toughchick? I have always wondered that.

  12. My wife loves Neurostim. You can get the pill form. 1 bottle lasted her quite some time.

  13. I'm going to agree with karategirl and I like pax's idea of lean extreme too.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. recomp supplement for girlfriend?
    By rphash49 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 09:16 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 11:13 PM
  3. I need help for weight loss/supplements for my girlfriend
    By DBStrong in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 08:53 AM
  4. Supplements for my GirlFriend
    By vika808 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
  5. Need advice on dietary supplement for weight loss.
    By Fun2Train in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Log in
Log in