please critique my clen cycle

ziggz

Awards
Hey all. I'm going into my second week of clen and I would like to be sure I am doing everything correctly. I am using liquid clen and i've worked my way up to 200mcg (btw, this is not my first cycle). I plan to continue this dosage for all of week 2; however, i'm really not sure what do after. I badly want to keep losing fat, so i don't want to cycle off for 2 weeks, should i give ketofien a serious consideration? I've read a decent amount on it, but I still can't decide whether it will really prolong the effects of clen past 2 weeks.

Secondly, if someone can tell me if my diet and cardio is in check. Basically I do 45 mins of cardio first thing in the am, I keep my pulse at around 70% MHR (i'm 24 yrs old) and as I've read, i keep the speed at around 2.5 - 3.0 and use the treadmill incline to raise my hr.

My diet basically consists of shake after cardio, 8 egg whites with wheat bread, turkey sandwiches with very little mayo (is a little mayo bad??), cans of tuna, dinner: grilled salmon or chicken with brown rice and of course cottage cheese before bed.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Please don't post where you purchase your research chemicals.

Cardio looks good. Moving on to your diet, You may not be eating enough. It's hard to tell without posting your stats (height, weight, approx bodyfat). I'd switch the wheat bread to whole grain. Get rid of the mayo, and use mustard instead (i know, it sucks). If you haven't already, check out fitday.com....it's a good place where you can log your diet and see how much you're actually eating.

It's pretty hard to help further without knowing your stats and how much your eating. For example, you say that you're eating "sandwiches" but make no mention of how many per day. Either way,l if you make the changes I listed above you'll be eating very clean.

ziggz

Awards
Thanks Jblaze. Yeah I know about fitday; I wasn't using it, but I'll go mess with it now and see how many calories I'm at. Question though, why did you suggest against 100% whole wheat bread? (stone ground, i might add)? Also, I absolutely abhor mustard, so if a little mayo is that bad, I guess I'll just do without it.

I'm about 215 lbs though, 24yrs old, body fat is around 16 or 17%, which is a guess.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
well this is my diet

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ziggz

I guess I'm not getting enough calories even though it feels like I'm eating a lot. What should I add?

First quick pass at it, not eating enough calories, need more meals, where's the EFA's? I'll take a crack at it tonight, at work right now. I would start eating at maitenance levels clean and you'll be amazed at the bodyfat drop. You won't even have to deficit your cals for awhile. :)

ziggz

Awards
Well I do alternate between the grilled chicken and salmon for dinner with my brown rice. But yeah.. I need to find a way to squeeze in more clean food. thanks viper.

ziggz

Awards
my waist does seem to be shrinking though.. my 36w jeans seem to be falling off more and more :) But i'm still not sure what to eat to fill those missing calories

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
my waist does seem to be shrinking though.. my 36w jeans seem to be falling off more and more :) But i'm still not sure what to eat to fill those missing calories
Sorry man, didn't see this thread. For the most part your diet is relatively healthy. Your carbs are a little low, I'd try to throw in a few cups of skim milk or another bagel in there. BTW, whats your post-workout meal?

Also, the problem with most 100% whole wheat bread is that it is "enriched." I know nothing about your particular brand so you might be fine. Here's a short little article, theres a million on google if you really care.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Whole-Grain-Vs.-Whole-Wheat---What-is-Best-for-You?-Part-I&id=82177

ziggz

Awards
jblaze, yeah.. i always check the ingredients to see if it says enriched.. but when i go food shopping, from time to time, i'll check the ingredients on other brands of whole wheat bread.. every single brand has corn syrup or high fructose syrup yet it still says 100% whole wheat or even stone ground... why are they putting corn syrup??

ziggz

Awards
oh and post workout, i just have the shake, and about 45 mins later to an hour, i usually eat a chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat, or if im doing cardio first thing in the morning, i'll have the eggs and wheat bagel

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
oh and post workout, i just have the shake, and about 45 mins later to an hour, i usually eat a chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat, or if im doing cardio first thing in the morning, i'll have the eggs and wheat bagel
Mix in some oats, that would be the perfect time to get some more carbs in.