Womens Libido

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey bros quick question...My girl has a very low sex drive from her lame ass Depression problem and I'm about to get her on some Lean Xtreme and some other cortisol supp because she stresses out 24-7 and has that lower ab stubborn body fat she cant lose...my question is if the LX suppresses her cortisol will it boost her Libido.....or can you guys help me out tell me what would work....thanks to everyone

:pose:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
hey bros quick question...My girl has a very low sex drive from her lame ass Depression problem and I'm about to get her on some Lean Xtreme and some other cortisol supp because she stresses out 24-7 and has that lower ab stubborn body fat she cant lose...my question is if the LX suppresses her cortisol will it boost her Libido.....or can you guys help me out tell me what would work....thanks to everyone

:pose:
If only it was that easy. The person who can solve this will be a very rich man.

Expecting a "cause and effect" like this, while understandable, will only lead to increased frustration and ultimatly, dare I say, a self inflicted gunshout wound.

sonick

Awards
Her meds might be causing weight gain.
Go easy on the DS Lean Xtreme. I took that stuff for a PCT and later took it again after getting a bad reaction (exposure to mold) that made me sick. My immune system went so crazy (and it has been strong for some time) I had a 3 week long bad bad cough and started losing patches of hair from autoimmune reactions. Not that this happens to most people, but getting a brand new 2" bald spot, or having someone suggest to you new medications so you can better please them, are both very distressing.

Is she getting any psychological therapy or counseling? Social and psychological work is often replaced with ineffective medicine that sometimes fails to remove what caused the depression and leads to other problems like this.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
I believe IBE claims that the pt-141 is supposed to have some effect on females.....Don't quote me on that though.

Maybe IBE will chime in.....

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Also, a lot of Depression meds have that side effect, soooooo...is she on any meds for her depression?

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nah bro shes on nothing right now...shes really concerned about that stubborn fat on her belly....and shes perfect everywhere else.....shes tried a few anti depresants and shes claiming she didnt feel right...like all sedated...and thats only after a week ..i thought that stuff took months to begin to feel....stuff from IBE sounds intresting

rocketscientist

Awards
IBE had problems with PT-141 and doesn't offer it anymore as far as I know.

Anyway - you (or better she) could try tribulus. I had surprisingly positive results with that, though I haven't done any long term studies in this direction. :)

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
IBE had problems with PT-141 and doesn't offer it anymore as far as I know.

Anyway - you (or better she) could try tribulus. I had surprisingly positive results with that, though I haven't done any long term studies in this direction. :)
That's a bummer about the pt-141....I could be wrong but, doesn't trib increase test production....sooooo, wouldn't it have a negative effect on a female?

rocketscientist

Awards
That's a bummer about the pt-141....I could be wrong but, doesn't trib increase test production....sooooo, wouldn't it have a negative effect on a female?
No, it is reported to be safe and should increase FSH and estradiol in women (not LH and test as in men). It may raise test levels in women as well, but if so only minimally.

I don't know about using mega-doses of tribulus...

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
str8 up Trib....for my chick? what kinda doses...brands...etc...by the way good looking out on all the feedback fellaz..thank you

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It isn't my place to jump in, but I will:

I think your best bet will be first to try help her with depression (and perhaps self-esteem issues, if body fat is a concern). Female chemistry and libido triggers are totally different, it is more a sum of the parts - they are generally far less compartmentalized than are men. Guys can be ready to go on their death bed, regardless of how they feel and look. Not so for females; at least IME.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established

I think your best bet will be first to try help her with depression (and perhaps self-esteem issues, if body fat is a concern). Female chemistry and libido triggers are totally different, it is more a sum of the parts - they are generally far less compartmentalized than are men. Guys can be ready to go on their death bed, regardless of how they feel and look. Not so for females; at least IME.
He does make a VERY good point........

rocketscientist

Awards
str8 up Trib....for my chick? what kinda doses...brands...etc...by the way good looking out on all the feedback fellaz..thank you
Straight herb, no mix etc. (mainly because I don't know what other herbs are used in the mix and how they would affect women). Just try it - my experiment (accidentally btw., I mixed up vitex and trib) was with a single dose of tribulus (2 caps - say 500 mg of sap.) and had pretty drastic effects a couple of hours later.

Tribulus in general works pretty fast and is not something that requires you to take it for days and weeks to see an effect - unless the hormones are totally out of whack as, say, after a cycle.

rocketscientist

Awards

I agree on that - one pill doesn't fix the whole issue.

However, you also have to be aware of vicious cycles where the result of one condition feeds back to the next, e.g. depression causes social problems (or sexual problems) which in return amplify the depression. And having problems in your relationship doesn't help either.

But if the situation is really bad, with severe depression etc., then I don't want to give any advice...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If she doesn't want the systematic effects of 7-OH (LX), then make her a transdermal with Custom's powder and T-gel.

If she has sub-Q fat, go with Lipoderm (the fat that is above the muscle - it jiggles).

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established

This man speaks the truth!!

If you want your woman to have more libido.... stop wasting your time... you can't do anything. SHE has to get over her self-esteem issues. Women with low libidos I would estimate IMHO have self-esteem issues 90% of the time vs. physiological problems 10% of the time. (My own half-educated guesstimate). Anyway... if you want a woman to have more libido..... 2 words of advice: 1) Do whatever it takes to walk the fine line trying to get her motivated to work out, eat healthy, and consume less calories than she burns, without making her feel bad or without making her think, that you think, that she's fat... OR (and my recommendation) 2) GET ANOTHER WOMAN!!!! THERE'S BILLIONS OF 'EM!! Find one who likes some action!!

rocketscientist

Awards
... OR (and my recommendation) 2) GET ANOTHER WOMAN!!!! THERE'S BILLIONS OF 'EM!! Find one who likes some action!!
So if she doesn't want to have enough sex, dump her and let her deal with her problems herself. Is that your recommendation? :blink:
Well, if she's just your fvck-buddy...

(I assume you don't mean it that way - this is just how it sounds from your post.)

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its my GF of 3 years bro who I love..I have lame hoes on the side if I was hurting for some booty...i just want her to feel good about herself...its not a good feeling watching someone with so much potential get overhauled by something like this

rocketscientist

Awards
I wonder what the women on this board think about this... I just can't get myself to think like a girl (well, maybe after a couple of weeks on clomid :) )

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you've been pals for 3 years, you've probably learned more about Depression than you wanted to. There is a huge and unnecessarily stigma associated with Depression; because many wrongfully think the depressed person "just isn't trying hard enough". It just isn't so. Think of it this way: Just as one with a lipid problem can't cure himself just by "trying to have better lipids" absent using the necessary tools (e.g., diet, supps and/or meds), so too one frequently cannot overcome depression without changing things (via meds or counseling).

Plain and simple. Depression results from a chemical imbalance; an imbalance that may result from many different things. Meds are great, but the key is to understand the root cause of the depression; failing which the meds merely address the symptoms, not the real problem.

This isn’t an easy thing for anyone; the depressed person or those along for the ride.

Good luck and God bless.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wonder what the women on this board think about this... I just can't get myself to think like a girl (well, maybe after a couple of weeks on clomid :) )
Despite what seems to be a kidding nature behind this - it is a REALLY great point. Although I've been married 26 years, the fact of the matter is that I never "grew up a little girl" and I can only see the world through my male perspective. Don't take me wrong; I'm thankfull for that - but it took me A LONG TIME to appreciate that (try as I may) I couldn't put my head on my wife's shoulders or visa versa. We see things differently (just ask John Grey).

rocketscientist

Awards
Despite what seems to be a kidding nature behind this - it is a REALLY great point. Although I've been married 26 years, the fact of the matter is that I never "grew up a little girl" and I can only see the world through my male perspective. Don't take me wrong; I'm thankfull for that - but it took me A LONG TIME to appreciate that (try as I may) I couldn't put my head on my wife's shoulders or visa versa. We see things differently (just ask John Grey).
:goodpost:

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
You know....You should post more, this board would be the richer for it.....

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
So if she doesn't want to have enough sex, dump her and let her deal with her problems herself. Is that your recommendation? :blink:
Well, if she's just your fvck-buddy...

(I assume you don't mean it that way - this is just how it sounds from your post.)
He didn't say it was his wife or anything.... and the term "my girl" is used pretty loosely. If he genuinely loves the girl, go with 1). I'll be married in 6 weeks, and my fiancee also struggles with the same issues.... I've stuck around (just waiting for some magic powder to come out that turns women into nymphos!! :) )

If this girl is a "girl" "friend" with whom he has carnal knowledge, then find someone who you don't have to spend time mending... But the fact of the matter is... this is a problem that may never be resolved... AND IT WILL AFFECT YOUR MARRIAGE. Lack of sexual interest by a man's spouse is a SERIOUS obstacle in any marriage, because as men, unfortunately, we take it (naturally) as a sign of rejection, and rejection builds resentment, and resentment destroys marriages.... If she, on the other hand, admits that SHE has a problem, and genuinely wants to make it better.... then why are you on here seeking advice? She needs to see a therapist. Hell... tell her to get off the birth control and start taking the responsibility yourself. When mine went off... she definitely had more libido... and especially around the time she's "ovulating..." women get MAJOR horny.... Just don't "bust inside!!"

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just wanna give props to all of u that responded...i'm taking all this in like a sponge...and yeah bros Depression is one tough cookie to mess with

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I find that products that metabolize fat effect womens libido, as in Melting Point, sesamin etc.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The comment regarding unresolved sexual issues in a marriage is right on. Left unresolved, resentment is almost a certainty, and probably on both sides as (i) the man will turn away from the woman (perhaps being passive/aggressive?), and (ii) the woman will feel as if she is only wanted for sex (because the man treats her less respectfully due to his resentment). Generally, women need to feel safe, treasured and important to be sexually motivated. The man may not make attempts to make her feel this way if he feels rejected.

It is truly a very vicious cycle - and one we are not trained to deal with. Left to our "gut feel" coping mechansisms [which may go something like "well she isn't meeting my needs, so I won't meet her needs], things usually erode. I've heard it said that a great sex life isn't an indicator of a great marriage, but a great marriage usually leads to a great sex life. To that I will add, a great marriage that suffers from a poor sex life will, over time, cease being a great marriage.

Sexual issues, like all others have to be addressed. This type of confrontation is hard, emotional and requires a man face some pretty fundamental fears. The only harder thing might be to not confront the situation; and suffer from unrealistric or unmet needs.

I'll throw this in the mix, adultry isn't an answer. It is a chicken sh** and selfish thing to do; essentially saying **** you in the strongest possible terms. Just don't do it. We need to be men. Men are responsible for thier actions. If the situation is that bad, men need to leave the relationship first - and do so with integrity.

As I sit here - totally absent from the situation the original poster is dealing with - I'll offer this parting thought: I would not expect an improvement in your sexual situation unless/until (1) the depression is effectively dealt with, and (2) your partner is motivated to change things. Only she that can change her actions; regardless of how much you may want her to - unless you are on the same page, with the same goals, it isn't likely.

I'm just some dude posting on here - with the best of intentions - and not qualified in any way to make these statements. So although "free advice" is worth every bit you paid for it - I think everyone here is very, very wll intended; otherwise we wouldn't take the time to respond.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
Not to be too nosey, but what type of contraception do you use? We had issues with my wife being on the pill, I got snipped, she came off the pill and now it's like I'm married to a different woman. I've heard the same thing about depo as well, FWIW she was on the mini-pill. If this is the issue, she might want to bring this up to her GYN.
ROB

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
just my two cents but I have found no pills, or lack of, that work. the only thing that helps is alcohol and/or a new dude. the situation is not going to get better. and my wife is a therapist.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately, women's sexual desire is based almost entirely on her emotional state of being and a man's is almost entirely based on the physical aspect. Nature's a Biotch!! Makes a man want sex all the time, and the woman never want it.. ahhh... the nonsense that is human reproduction...

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Here's my two cents worth...

My wife tried birth control pills a while back, and they dropped her libido down to zero. Because of this, she started seeing a psychologist and was convinced that the unresolved issues in her life had dropped her sex drive down to zero.

Fortunately, she started to get this "mask of pregnancy" on her face, and decided to stop taking the birth control pills. Not long after, her sex drive returned to normal. She's been fine ever since, and doesn't need to see a psychologist for $160 per hour.

I hear that the three-phase birth control pills don't have the big nasty libido loss that the two phase pills (the ones that my wife took) have.

Yes, for some odd reason, alcohol can really boost some women's libido. However, I think that alcohol should be avoided, as regular over-use can cause health problems, and other problems in general. Something like 80,000 people die each year in this country, because of alcohol abuse. From what I understand, about 10% of people who drink, develop problems with alcohol.

I hope this helps.

-Tinytoad

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alcohol and depression ARE NOT a good combination. Remember - alcohol is a depressant. There is a negative synergy that takes place.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to advocate alcohol. I realize its bad for you. it seems to make women hornier but also can make them *****ier. there is that fine line. I've reduced my intake greatly after learning the effects is has on testosterone. I also encourage my wife not to drink so much. I just do cycles without test and pct with atd so my libido is closer matched to my wifes.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm not trying to advocate alcohol. I realize its bad for you. it seems to make women hornier but also can make them *****ier. there is that fine line. I've reduced my intake greatly after learning the effects is has on testosterone. I also encourage my wife not to drink so much. I just do cycles without test and post cycle therapy with atd so my libido is closer matched to my wifes.
I may have come across differentlt than intended. I used to drink, and I don't now - but that is about metabolism. My wife drinks wine - so I clearly don't find anything objectionable about responsible alcohol usage.

Alcohol in depressed people: I've seen people actually start crying in the company of others after drinking. It was alomost like it just broke the dam; and emotions came flooding out. That was my only point.

Let me also add a thought to my prior comments re adultery - They were not intended to anyone specifically, and certainly not in response to anything in this thread. It was more a commentary that we men (and women too) need to take responsibility for our actions. That one may be sexually alienated/frustrated is a problem. That problem is not corrected by cheating on one's spouse. If it is that bad, try first to change it. It that becomes impossible, make a decision - but be above board and do so in a way that you can live with.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
00A Supplements 4
cmw General Chat 4
Supplements 0
Mruom87 Supplements 30