How "stable" is protein powder?

BPB

Awards
So I was thinking of increasing my protein intake by using a half gallon water bottle, filling that bad boy up and throwing in 100g or so of protein powder. If i were to do this and sip on it all day long, keeping in my the refridgerator between use, would the protein degrade in any way?

bpb

Hunter8907

Awards
the amino acids will degrade not sure about the protein

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
the amino acids will degrade not sure about the protein
For sh!ts & giggles, what will the amino acids degrade into? Also, since polypeptides are long chains of amino acids why would there be the chance they are not affected?

gresh

gresh

Awards
So I was thinking of increasing my protein intake by using a half gallon water bottle, filling that bad boy up and throwing in 100g or so of protein powder. If i were to do this and sip on it all day long, keeping in my the refridgerator between use, would the protein degrade in any way?

bpb
Should be fine, I'd do a fruit flavored protein like Nectar or GF Pro and throw in some flavored BCAA - mmmm tasty

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
I used to mix up GF-pro before my morning classes and drink it in the afternoon. Not only did it say "fresh" it also seemed to go into solution a lot better, which made it alot easier to drink.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Broham, why not take a baggy of protein and a shaker or cup or whatever, and mix it every time you want a drink? If you have a frig. It dont take that long... and you wouldn't have to worry about the h2o breakin the polypeptide bonds... and yes I know what I justs said was absolute BS, but I was bery bery serious about the baggy idea, I work in a gym... plus if your lookin for protein nothing beats WHOLE food. so why not make a couple of shakes and eat some PB&J's on whole wheat inbetween shakes.... ;)

~Mk

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Broham, why not take a baggy of protein and a shaker or cup or whatever, and mix it every time you want a drink? If you have a frig. It dont take that long... and you wouldn't have to worry about the h2o breakin the polypeptide bonds... and yes I know what I justs said was absolute BS, but I was bery bery serious about the baggy idea, I work in a gym... plus if your lookin for protein nothing beats WHOLE food. so why not make a couple of shakes and eat some PB&J's on whole wheat inbetween shakes.... ;)

~Mk
Word up.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I make some nectar in the AM, and drink it usually abput 10hrs later at work no prob. I do store it in the fridge however.