Ergo GF-Pro (& other expensive protein)

Markio

Markio

Awards
hello all, has anyone got any opinions on whether the more expensive proteins - in particular Ergo GF Pro (as there is a sale on at a store near me :) ) are significantly/any better than standard powders such as ON 100% Whey?

I have searched but people seem to be only worried about taste rather than results.

I only use whey first thing in the morning and after training, so once or twice a day.

Cheers all

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ErgoPharm and ON are in two different categories. Ergopharm is an ISOLATE, way much more pure. Better Tasting, and lite. ON is a blend of wheys, with concentrates being the first on the list. Concentrates are good, but if using Postworkout, Isolates get utilized quicker.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
If regular whey blows your stomach up, give a jug of isolate a try and see what you think. Do I think you'll see a difference in results, no. As long as you're taking in ENOUGH protein, I don't think it would matter. If you were only take 1 shake a day and had limited protein otherwise, I'd go with an isolate.

Your stomach will tolerate an isolate a lot easier than bulk whey's.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I use almost exclusively isolates for 2 reasons
1.) Gas
2.) Taste

Isolate is supposed to be much better, but I don't know of any sort of study identifying statistically significant advantages in terms of muscle gain.

T

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
GF-Pro sells itself on taste :) All the flavors rock.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am currently using GF-Pro and the mango and chocolate taste great, protein like 100% whey seem to run straight through me about 1 hour after drinking them, however I cant say that I have ever really noticed much difference in any protein powder over the years....

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
GF-Pro sells itself on taste :) All the flavors rock.
I don't know where I went wrong here. I bought 5lbs. of Blueberry (and I love blueberries), but the **** was disgusting :sick:

Yes, I still drank it all :eek:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I don't know where I went wrong here. I bought 5lbs. of Blueberry (and I love blueberries), but the **** was disgusting :sick:

That's discouraging, I've been thinking of doing tha same.

N

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
Hmmmmmmmmmmm-I just ordered the blueberry as well. I guess I better try it out

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
doesnt Ergo GF-Pro Spray dried bovine serum plasma along with Iso?

T

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established

Hmmm... now that I think about it the Blueberry is the only flavor I haven't tried! I guess it's the dud of the bunch.

S

size

Awards
  • Established
I prefer isolate for the reasons mentioned as well.
The Ergopharm GF-Pro really does taste good. however, I think the fact that no info is given as to how much spray dried plasma protein it contains is unfortunate. Since this is one of its selling points and assuming it reflects in the slightly higher cost, I would like to know how much one is receiving/serving.

M

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
I just bought 6 2.18 pound tubs of the cherry flavor, I hope it's worth it. About a year ago I switched to isolates exclusively for post-workout. For the most part I like the taste of isolate much better than concentrate and I feel like isolate settles in my stomach much better than concentrate.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
hello all, has anyone got any opinions on whether the more expensive proteins - in particular Ergo GF Pro (as there is a sale on at a store near me :) ) are significantly/any better than standard powders such as ON 100% Whey?

I have searched but people seem to be only worried about taste rather than results.

I only use whey first thing in the morning and after training, so once or twice a day.

Cheers all
I think what their trying to say is if you feel you get a bloated stomach or discomfort in the stomach after a Protein concentrate then an Isolate would be the better choice. As far a GF pro I wouldnt know I havent used it, it does have an add ingredient called Spray dried plasma, and I dont know how much different it is to plain Isolate, but their is some info on it at the eropharm website. Personnaly I think you would be just fine if you went with nectar or a similair type Isolate if you dont like concentrate.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of GF-Pro. I'm willing to shell out a few extra bucks for it because it tastes good, and it seems like i have better recovery on it compared to regular whey.

C

crimsonice5656

Awards
I love the blueberry I think it’s my second favorite only behind the green apple. The general consensus on the board is that the cherry is the dud.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Green apple is delicious... But my vote goes to orange cream. It's like candy

M

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
I love the blueberry I think it’s my second favorite only behind the green apple. The general consensus on the board is that the cherry is the dud.
Damn, I just bought 13 pounds of it.

P

pist

Awards
Cherry is my favorite with green apple as a close second

B

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
At one point I kept trying all different kinds of isolates but in the end came back to ON 100% Whey. Honestly, I cannot say isolates are worth the extra money for me since I don't bloat or get gas from concentrates.

12many

Awards
Cherry flavor is great! Vanilla ice cream flavor is great! Waiting on a couple containers of orange cream and mango. I love blueberries, but the blueberry flavor GF-PRO is TERRIBLE tasting.

The GF-PRO for me tastes better, is less filling, gives less gas, and gives better recovery than other non-isolate blends like ON etc. The only other proteins that come close to this for me are the Isopure zero carb/fat and the AST VP-2. Nonetheless, the GF-PRO is my absolute favorite, hands down!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Markio

Markio

Awards
The Orange Creame is like a liquidized solero (orange ice cream if you don't get them in the us), best tasting powder ever in my book. The Apple isn't bad, cheers for the heads up on Cherry I'll give that a go next along with Raspberry. I picked some Syntrax Nectar (Lemonade and Crystal sky) as it was on special offer just to compare them up - imo not even close to the GF, lemonade was quite nice, still can't get my head around what flavor Crystal Sky is meant to be, even with the clues on the tub - not good.