• Other side effects,please specify.

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how many of you guys have experineced adverse side effects from retain,mainly heart flutter,palpatations,i want to try it for my next pct but i am on several stims ,so i don't want anything like heart flutters and the such.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The P-tyramine in Retain does give you a kind of jolt if your not use to stim or if you take with anything containing caffeine. I started Retain taking 2 caps first thing in the morning with some coffee, and the stim effect was definitely amplified. After about 2 days though the effects wore off, other then that I never noticed anything out of the ordinary. It worked out pretty good with PCT.

R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The P-tyramine in Retain does give you a kind of jolt if your not use to stim or if you take with anything containing caffeine. I started Retain taking 2 caps first thing in the morning with some coffee, and the stim effect was definitely amplified. After about 2 days though the effects wore off, other then that I never noticed anything out of the ordinary. It worked out pretty good with PCT.
Have you tried LX?or Reduce XT?How do it's anti-catabolic effects compare?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried LX, and Retain both on diffirent PCT protocols, and both worked really well at keeping gains. I'd have to say that if I chose between the two, I would go with LX just based on the fact that I felt the muscle harding effects where a little more pronounced then Retain.
For anti-catabolic effects, ones just as good as the other IMO.

S

swagman

Awards
What "retain" are you speaking of may I ask, the only ones I can find are to be taken NIGHTLY? Is this the retain your talking about, I found anabolic extreme and alri, is this what your talking about? Just curious, i started reading the thread, and never heard of it, so i looked it up. Dont flame me for this I am just curious man.

R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What "retain" are you speaking of may I ask, the only ones I can find are to be taken NIGHTLY? Is this the retain your talking about, I found anabolic extreme and alri, is this what your talking about? Just curious, i started reading the thread, and never heard of it, so i looked it up. Dont flame me for this I am just curious man.
Yeah it's the anti-cortisol product put out by both AX and ALRI.

S

swagman

Awards
Thanks man, based on your thread Im gonna give this a try, im finishin a cycle of HD 50 right now, and had good luck with it before so to keep my gains will kick ass. TY for your patience

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I've taken Retain during PCT and didnt experience any heart issues whatsoever. I was also running albuterol with it, and still no problems.

R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've taken Retain during PCT and didnt experience any heart issues whatsoever. I was also running albuterol with it, and still no problems.
How many Retain were you running?And how much albuterol?

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
3 caps of Retain per day, spread throughout the day, and 4mg/3x a day of the albuterol.

R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
3 caps of Retain per day, spread throughout the day, and 4mg/3x a day of the albuterol.
Alright,that sounds good maybe i will give it a try,thanks for the input.

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Alright,that sounds good maybe i will give it a try,thanks for the input.
If you go with the albuterol, start out with a smaller dosage and work your way up, as long as you dont experience any sides.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive ran retain a couple of times during PCT, never had any probs. Have not run LX.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
No issues here. Running during TST/TRN (much added stress at work....)

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
no real heart related issues here. it did seem to disrupt my sleep tho when taken at night. i tried just taking it in two dose during the day, and that helped but i was still kind of restless.. its possible that i was just under alot of stress that week but it was pretty bad and i didnt even get throught he whole bottle. i am going to try it again for my next pct and see what happens. hopefully not the same, or i will just give it to a friend to try or something...

R

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no real heart related issues here. it did seem to disrupt my sleep tho when taken at night. i tried just taking it in two dose during the day, and that helped but i was still kind of restless.. its possible that i was just under alot of stress that week but it was pretty bad and i didnt even get throught he whole bottle. i am going to try it again for my next post cycle therapy and see what happens. hopefully not the same, or i will just give it to a friend to try or something...
Smokey how close to bed were you taking the Retain?

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
at first, directly before bed. then when i tried spacing the doses throughout the day, my last dose was around 6 or so hours before sleep...

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Why would anyone, after experiencing "heart flutters" or palpitations, continue taking that product....

You only have one heart and it has to last a lifetime... take care of it... if it's "fluttering," it's obviously because you're doing something to disturb it.....

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
No heart problems here, but I did get some weird gastrointestinal problems. Felt like air trapped in my colon, hard to explain.

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
No heart problems here, but I did get some weird gastrointestinal problems. Felt like air trapped in my colon, hard to explain.
Wow, thats definitely a first I've heard of anything like that.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Wow, thats definitely a first I've heard of anything like that.
I used retain in PCT after superdrol. Apperently methyls do this to some, and I got to be one of the lucky ones. It happened mid 3rd week of SD and I toughed it out, but it wasn't going away when I was on retain. Went to a doc, he said I was having gas trapped in my colon on my left side of my abdominal area, between the obliques and belly button. I stopped retain, it went away. Coincedence, maybe, but I am avoiding it from now out. It was a strange feeling I do not want again.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Retain is good, but nothing out of the ordinary. I feel a good mucle fullness, a little fat loss, but thats it.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
just started taking retain this is my second day after a 4 week pp cycle so far so good no problems but then again its only day 2

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
dmillz what else are u taking for post cycle therapy? I did a 5 week pp. Gonna start my pct monday thanks!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I used retain rebound xt and pct from anabolic x along with some nolva finished about a week ago I acctually gained 15 lbs on my bench during pct and didnt lose any weight

R

rocknroll

Awards
I used retain rebound xt and post cycle therapy from anabolic x along with some nolva finished about a week ago I acctually gained 15 lbs on my bench during post cycle therapy and didnt lose any weight
I'm currently beginning my second week of PCT of Retain+Nolva+Fenu+DHEA for PCT after a 4 week PP standalone cycle. No problems with the Retain at all. I take 3/day and I take one cap right before bed and it does NOT have a negative effect on my sleep like some report. Also I have not lost a pound. :woohoo:

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
i start tomarrow my pct-- Doin the ax PCT, AX RETAIN , DHEA and nolva on hand. thnkls

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 of Retain; No negative side effects from Retain for me either. Waistline is getting a little smaller and have lost 2-3 pounds of mostly water/fat.

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
on 2nd week of pct using retain...so far i think its working well...have not lost any weight at all...MAYBE my thickness isnt as great but its decent...just my opinion thnks

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
At 2.5 weeks in I have dropped the dosage to 1 pill. Joints and old injuries are flaring up so it must be suppressing cortisol pretty hard.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I never experienced any sides on it. I took it on a low carb diet which increased vascularity a lot, and made the diet easier.

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
startin 3 rd week now of pct with retain........so far no problems. Weights the same , no sides, poundages are not droppin so i guess its good stuff !

F

fivemajix

Awards
I emailed AX on the subject of using PCT and Retain together and the response was to take one of each (together) morning, lunch and night time for 30 days. That's one of each three times a day. This is supposed to be the most efficient way to use these two products for an effective post cycle.
I have had no sides whatsoever using this way.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
I can vouch for LXT...no sides whatsoever and it works well. I have yet to try Retain and have some coming and will try it after my next cycle.

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
i did it with retain 1 morn , 1 noon, and 1 nite.
Then i did ax's PCT 3 at nite. I thought it was good. Maybe next time ill space em all out.thanks for advice!

B

boti420

Awards
I recently tried retain during post cycle therapy after a four week halodrol/prostanazol cycle. I used retain for a total of 8 days and i feel that this was a great product and it did work as intended. The problem is i appear to be one of the unlucky few to experience heart side effects from this supplement. It felt like my heart was beating funny all day and there was a pressure and uncomfortable feeling to it. I cut out all stims and other unneccessary supps as well as reduced the dose to as little as one a day on a full stomach, yet the heart effects continued so i stopped all use of Retain. It's unfortunate this affected me this way as i see Retain as a useful supplement, i'm not sure whether it's the mBaet or the tyramine that created the cardiovascular side effects. I've never in my life experienced such cardio side effects and i've been very side effect free and tolerated other stimulants such as ephedrine, caffeine, (and back in the day adderall and ritalin) and even clen with no real heart side effects. Has anyone thats had these unpleasant heart feelings on retain experience the same on lean extreme? I was thinking of giving that a try as it doesn't containe tyramine and the mbaet isn't methylated, maybe that will prevent the side effects.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
The last time I was taking retain, I had these wicked panic attacks (shortness of breath, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat, etc.) but that was during pct and I believe that those were contributed to by other factors. That sucked!

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
i used retain along with my NHA stack by DS...never had any sideffects (only 18) but it does say warning if u have a heart condition do not use or if u get any sideeffects stop usage immediately

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i heard on another board not to start anti-cort until 3rd week of pct anyone ever hear this, info appreciated as will be starting pct next week.

D

Dros120

Awards
No heart issues. Used Retain as a stand alone to preserve muscle on a diet and used it along with Hyperdrive and Amp.

The Retain did not have any effect on the stims.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I emailed AX on the subject of using PCT and Retain together and the response was to take one of each (together) morning, lunch and night time for 30 days. That's one of each three times a day. This is supposed to be the most efficient way to use these two products for an effective post cycle.
I have had no sides whatsoever using this way.

Yep, I remember getting that question - and am probably the one who answered for ya.

I've run Retain2 double-dosed at up to 4 times per day without any problems. No heart flutters or anything. Is it possibly the older version of Retain (Retain1) that you were taking? That stuff shouldn't even be around anymore! :blink:

Anywho, best times for Retain are first thing upon waking, 4 hours later, before or after strenuous, long workouts. Bedtime dose is optional, IMO.