Help, please.

Mason

Awards
Hey, I am 15 years old and I have taken creatine before. My dad just read an article saying you should not take it unless you are above the age of 18. I know that I should eat right and lift hard; and I do. However I like creatine and I think it has benefited me in previous lifting. So basically I am just asking you guys to post back saying creatine is safe so I can go get some creatine monohydrate.

Thanks.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I am 15 years old and I have taken creatine before. My dad just read an article saying you should not take it unless you are above the age of 18. I know that I should eat right and lift hard; and I do. However I like creatine and I think it has benefited me in previous lifting. So basically I am just asking you guys to post back saying creatine is safe so I can go get some creatine monohydrate.

Thanks.
Well, it's not been proven unsafe for teens. I think you'll find though that you progress reletively quickly without the creatine, aslong as you've got your diet, water and multi-vit then you should be good to go.

If you do decide to go and get some don't get mono, there are better forms of creatine out there.

rocketscientist

Awards
Don't want to say anything against your Dad until you're 18.

If I were him, I'd say that even though to our best knowledge it is safe (unless someone has heard anything otherwise that I'm not aware of) we can't say that it will not turn out sometime in the future that creatine may have health risks associated with it. Furthermore I don't consider it really necessary to make good progress. Thus - since the responsibility is put into my hands, I'd go with 'no' and suggest that you wait until you're a bit older and in the mean while spend the little money you have on something else. :) ...or did you want me to pay for that? :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd recommend that you have a good whey protein and a good multivitamin before you even think about taking creatine. At age 15, you're still developing into an adult. As long as you eat and train right, you're gonna grow, especially at such a young age. I'd recommend waiting until you're older.

Also, it should say on the back of the container of whatever creatine supp that you are taking that it is not to be taken by those under the age of 18.

Mason

Awards
I take whey protein and a multivitamin. I DO eat and train right.. I just wanted creatine to late now, I just bought some muscle milk. Oh well, couldn't convince my dad in time.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude theres so much research out there showing that its not bad no matter how old you are . First off its an amino acid, but you would have to eat huge amounts of food to get what you need. Second look into glutamine. And also if you take it you must drink alot of water. If not you muscle turns into a sponge and it will suck the water out of everything else and could cause an injury. Hey your Dad should be proud your doin research and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Look at how many others are doin drugs and worse . Stay strong