Fish oil..

Raceraptor

Awards
Question....I bought some "cheaper" fish oil gelcaps a couple days ago, and within .5 hours of taking them for the last couple days I'm burping up the nastiest frekin fish A-hole taste!!!:jaw:
Anyone with the same issue? How to correct?

I'm usually taking with food of some sort, but so far nothing is masking this gross taste....
Should I just take up farting...:wtf:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Some caps have what I think is called an enteric coating. Supposedly that helps with the burps. Freezing them can also help. Taking them consistently is usually the key, burps usually clear up in a couple of weeks.

Raceraptor

Awards
Good idea on freezing them....I'll give that a shot.
I've been taking 6-8 caps a day for about a month now, I guess I'll give it another 4 weeks and see if it helps.
Thanks again.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Some caps have what I think is called an enteric coating. Supposedly that helps with the burps. Freezing them can also help. Taking them consistently is usually the key, burps usually clear up in a couple of weeks.
CDB is right on with the enteric coating suggestion. I was experiencing the same nasty fish burps until I switched to Fisol (it's enteric coated). It makes all the difference in the world and you don't get even the slighest hint of a fishy taste. You can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe among other places.

Raceraptor

Awards
I just bought a bunch, so I'll get through these and buy some
enteric coated ones.
I'm taking about 6000mg a day...

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got mine from cnw. no problems with fish taste. my wife takes them too. she hates any seafood and does not complain. anyone else think 6000mg a day is high or is my dose of 1000mg low?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19