Cap-M-Quik

Synthetik

Awards
Ok, this a noob question. I'm jumping onto the bandwagon on making my own caps. Now, I went to the cap-m-quick website cuz I had no clue on how this works. I noticed their 3d demo. But I dont get it exactly. Ok, how do I measure the exact amount of green tea or any other bulk powder per capsule? I know, I know, use a scale. But do you all do one by one, or you all do 25 at a time? If so, how do you do multiples at one time and know that you are getting the right amount of your bulk powder in each cap? The demo says just to place bigger 1/2 of cap on the holders and to evenly spread the powders using a card. How is this accurate, or is there another way to do it? Spare me for the dumb question, but I just dont want under/over filled caps. Thanx

mildain

Awards
I've always wondered that myself. I was thinking though that if you fill each cap to the brim and then weigh it, subtracting the cap, you'll determine approx. how much is in each cap. So I guess it depends upon the capsule size. But I've never capped any powders.

Anyone know how to evenly distribute your powder?
If your capping

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without a sacle it is really very difficult to accurately determine the weight you will get per capsule because caps are a volume and powder density will vary. As well as your compacting (tampering) technique will impact how much you fit into a capsule.

What you can do is take the amount of raw material you have and divide it by the number of caps it fills. Each tray holds 50 capsules. EX: If you have 10 grams of powder and you fill 50 caps that would be 200 mgs per cap.

Synthetik

Awards
Sorry, but I still wouldn't see how you would evenly distribute the raw material into 50 caps, besides doing 1 by 1. Like B5 stated on his example, if you start pouring all the 10g of the powder over the 50 caps, how would u know if you didnt overfill one over the other.......Hopefully someone can explain, cuz Im interested on buying this gadget. Thanx

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I try and make the powder the same consistancy. And not worry if 1 has say 180mg and another 205mg. Your not dealing with say M1T. If it`s dose critical just make it an oral solution.

Some powders are a ***** to work with for example Green Tea and Milk thistle.
Other like NAC and ALCAR are easy.

Just try it and you will get a feel for how much of what will fit in which caps.
But if you plan on doing a lot of this buy a decent scale. Also I have found the drier the powders the better.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really need to get a better look at the cap-m-quick process.

2.) Load

Manually separate empty capsules placing the longer half into holes. (Top of empty capsule half should be below surface of holder.)

3.) Fill

Pour powdered herbs or vitamins onto holder spreading substance evenly with card, completely filling all capsules.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
its really pretty easy.
When I make CEE caps I just stuff as much as I can in there.
Then I cap it up, weigh it, subtract the weight of 50 empty caps, and divide by 50.

But when I make forskolin/gte caps I actually measure and stuff.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
using the tamper, i have been able to get on average .5g into a 00cap.

weigh an empty cap, then weigh the full cap.

green tea, gymnema. yohimbe bark, ect.

have all averaged out to .5g per cap.