Is this good?

Mason

Awards
Alright so the basics.. I'm 15 years old. I am 5'9. I am 175 lbs atm. This is my current diet/supplement intake.
Breakfast
3 nitrix pills.
4 egg whites.
1 glass of orange juice.
1 glass of water.
1 serving of protein power.
1 flaxseed cap.
2 fish oil caps.
1 multi-vitamin.

Pre-Lunch
3 nitrix pills.

Lunch
I have been eating school lunch. I am about to start brining my own. Any advice or recomendations?

Snack when I get home
3 nitrix pills.
Any type of meat. - Beef, Pork, Chicken.

Dinner
Dinner changes every night but always consists of a meat, 2 vegetables, some bread/rolls.
2 fish oil caps.

I lift everyday of the week and I do cardio as much as possible. I plan on going on creatine after I finish my nitrix. I've tried creatine monohydrate and it worked well. (Gained 100 lbs in 1 year.) I was just wondering if any of you experienced people could give me any advice what to change in my diet and supplement intake to gain as much stregnth as possible with out putting on more than 20 lbs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright so the basics.. I'm 15 years old. I am 5'9. I am 175 lbs atm. This is my current diet/supplement intake.
Breakfast
3 nitrix pills.
4 egg whites.
1 glass of orange juice.
1 glass of water.
1 serving of protein power.
1 flaxseed cap.
2 fish oil caps.
1 multi-vitamin.

Pre-Lunch
3 nitrix pills.

Lunch
I have been eating school lunch. I am about to start brining my own. Any advice or recomendations?

Snack when I get home
3 nitrix pills.
Any type of meat. - Beef, Pork, Chicken.

Dinner
Dinner changes every night but always consists of a meat, 2 vegetables, some bread/rolls.
2 fish oil caps.

I lift everyday of the week and I do cardio as much as possible. I plan on going on creatine after I finish my nitrix. I've tried creatine monohydrate and it worked well. (Gained 100 lbs in 1 year.) I was just wondering if any of you experienced people could give me any advice what to change in my diet and supplement intake to gain as much stregnth as possible with out putting on more than 20 lbs.
100 lbs in a year...I hope that is a typo. Anywho, you need to incorporate more complex carbs in your diet and not worry about supps like nitrix. Get a good whey isolate for pre and post workout and add that to about 1 C of oats. For lunch try to make a wrap w/ whole grain tortillas, lean protein, and veggies.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to add at least two more meals to that brutha..Definitely not eating enough..If your goals are as much mass as possible, I would cut the cardio down to 3x a week on non-training days, just to stay lean..Goto www.fitday.com to calculate your exact intake for the day..I think at 15 and 175 at your height your BMR will be around 1700-1800, so that is how many cals you would need to eat just to maintain your weight if you sat in bed all day. With daily activities it puts most people at around 2500. Meaning that to gain weight you will need anywhere from 3000+ cals to pack on lbs.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Healthy, Low Glycemic Carbohydrates appear to be lacking. Oatmeal should be a staple for your breakfast. Natural Peanut Butter should also be another "go to" food item.

Explore the forum, avoid the anabolic section, and spend a lot of time in the nutrition section of this and any other boards you may come across.

Ask questions if you don't understand.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
BUMP:goodpost:

Healthy, Low Glycemic Carbohydrates appear to be lacking. Oatmeal should be a staple for your breakfast. Natural Peanut Butter should also be another "go to" food item.

Explore the forum, avoid the anabolic section, and spend a lot of time in the nutrition section of this and any other boards you may come across.

thetimbomb

Awards
I dont suggest working out everyday of the week...everybody needs at least one day off.. personally I only work out 4 days a week, and 4 days of cardio.

i eat alot of fish i think it helps

eat more meals, keep the fats to a minimum

get protein, maybe even glutamine...

100 lbs in a year though? That doesnt sound too healthy.

kasket

Awards
Defineatly INCREASE you calories, that is the first step to getting stronger and gaining muscle.

Cut out the nitrix crap.

If you gained any weight, it wasnt much from creatine, it was from being young and just starting to work out.

DONT lift every day of the week, you dont grow while you lift, you grow the most when you are resting. Take at least 1-2 days off a week.

If you really want to get bigger and stronger, more FOOD and PROTEIN!!! Protein takes precedance over ANY supplement, including creatine. You will see much more gains from it. A basic WHEY type protein will DO~ And also dont do to much cardio, as if you want to bulk then you need all of the cals you can get.

Regaurdless if you dont want to get bigger, you STILL need to eat more, and get PROTEIN, and take a day or two off.

Good luck!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Lift 3-4 days a week with moderate cardio 3 times a week. Also bump up your meals to 5 or even better 6 a day, with a portion of protein at each meal. Also take in 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight and 2g's of carbs per lb of bodyweight. Eat lot's of whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice, and dark green veggies. Also i'd drop the Nitrix, i'd use that money to buy more food. Food is the best muscle builder around. Even steroids won't do **** without the right food in the right amounts. And i'm guessing you gained 10lbs in a year not 100lbs. Get yourself a high dose Multi-vitamin, Animal Pak by universal is a good one.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
FANTASTIC ADVICE!

magic8ball

Awards

Agreed, great advice.

Mason

Awards
100 lbs in a year...I hope that is a typo. Anywho, you need to incorporate more complex carbs in your diet and not worry about supps like nitrix. Get a good whey isolate for pre and post workout and add that to about 1 C of oats. For lunch try to make a wrap w/ whole grain tortillas, lean protein, and veggies.
Alright, nope. It's not a typo. From 9th grade to 10th grade I gained 100lbs. I was 103 lbs to 205 lbs. I have protein powder and I'm starting to take it. What should I take inplace of oats? I can't stand them.
You need to add at least two more meals to that brutha..Definitely not eating enough..If your goals are as much mass as possible, I would cut the cardio down to 3x a week on non-training days, just to stay lean..Goto www.fitday.com to calculate your exact intake for the day..I think at 15 and 175 at your height your BMR will be around 1700-1800, so that is how many cals you would need to eat just to maintain your weight if you sat in bed all day. With daily activities it puts most people at around 2500. Meaning that to gain weight you will need anywhere from 3000+ cals to pack on lbs.
I've been busy, just starting ju-jitsu so I don't have time to cardio everyday; just about 3 times a week like you said. I will try to eat more.

I forgot to mention I eat peanut butter as my snack for anything. I gave up candy and soda and junk food. I hate all that **** so when I'm crazing something like that I eat peanut butter. How can I up my low glycemic carbohydrates or are they just carbohydrates. Anything to replace oatmeal? can't stand it. =(
I dont suggest working out everyday of the week...everybody needs at least one day off.. personally I only work out 4 days a week, and 4 days of cardio.

i eat alot of fish i think it helps

eat more meals, keep the fats to a minimum

get protein, maybe even glutamine...

100 lbs in a year though? That doesnt sound too healthy.
When I lift everyday, I do a hard fullbody work out; A fullbody work out with 20% of what I can lift with high reps to keep blood circulating and it helps alot with soreness. I have some protein but what is glutamine and how can it help me, costs and all that good stuff? Yeah, 100 lbs in 1 year. I guess that could be unhealty and probably sounds redicilious. My body has changed a significant amount in the past year.
Defineatly INCREASE you calories, that is the first step to getting stronger and gaining muscle.

Cut out the nitrix crap.

If you gained any weight, it wasnt much from creatine, it was from being young and just starting to work out.

DONT lift every day of the week, you dont grow while you lift, you grow the most when you are resting. Take at least 1-2 days off a week.

If you really want to get bigger and stronger, more FOOD and PROTEIN!!! Protein takes precedance over ANY supplement, including creatine. You will see much more gains from it. A basic WHEY type protein will DO~ And also dont do to much cardio, as if you want to bulk then you need all of the cals you can get.

Regaurdless if you dont want to get bigger, you STILL need to eat more, and get PROTEIN, and take a day or two off.

Good luck!
Alright, thanks for the good luck. I've kinda explained about the lifting everyday and the cardio. But I will increase my carbohydrates and up my protein intake as much as possible.
Lift 3-4 days a week with moderate cardio 3 times a week. Also bump up your meals to 5 or even better 6 a day, with a portion of protein at each meal. Also take in 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight and 2g's of carbs per lb of bodyweight. Eat lot's of whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice, and dark green veggies. Also i'd drop the Nitrix, i'd use that money to buy more food. Food is the best muscle builder around. Even steroids won't do **** without the right food in the right amounts. And i'm guessing you gained 10lbs in a year not 100lbs. Get yourself a high dose Multi-vitamin, Animal Pak by universal is a good one.
I have a high dose multivitamin. Everybody says food is the best thing for you and I know it is true. the only reason I take supplements is to get things I could get out of foods but don't want to eat the amount to get the same effect. 360 g protein and 720 g carbs? I'd like to know some of your opinions on nitrix or nitric oxide in general. I've heard alot of good and bad about it. Like it doesn't even work or do anything; to it helps alot. IMHO I've been on it for a week and I can see veins I have never seen and my pumps are starting to get easier. It hasn't helped me lifting too much but it is alot easier to run for some reason.

SO MUCH THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT RESPONDED, I APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE GREATLY.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many inches did you gain during the 100lbs shift?Must have been at least three..Cause 100lbs in one year is craziness..lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, nope. It's not a typo. From 9th grade to 10th grade I gained 100lbs. I was 103 lbs to 205 lbs.
So are you 205 or 175? Because either way you aren't eating enough, but man are you ever not eating enough if you are 205. And that is crazy, you must've gained a couple inches as well?

Mason

Awards
How many inches did you gain during the 100lbs shift?Must have been at least three..Cause 100lbs in one year is craziness..lol
I gained about 3 inches in height.
So are you 205 or 175? Because either way you aren't eating enough, but man are you ever not eating enough if you are 205. And that is crazy, you must've gained a couple inches as well?
Atm I am 175. I will start eating more!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Don't bother with the glutamine. If you are going with a protein supplement keep it simple. One of the board sponsors allthewhey.com has a 20/30 blend, it's cheap & fits the bill.

I would strongly rec'd that you get most of your protein from whole foods. Your body handles them much more efficiently, IMO.

As far as strength, consider spending much time in the exercise science section. Like others have mentioned, cut back some. The body needs rest.

Go look through the exercise science section for a few days. See if you get some ideas on some changes. Come back & post them here and I am sure you will get some help designing a new routine. Include any goals, strengths and/or weak points.

Mason

Awards
sell your nitrix for some protein powder
It would be hard to sell now.. I have protein and I take it. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
Holy mofo, three inches in one year is crazy!
It was from age 14 - 15.
Don't bother with the glutamine. If you are going with a protein supplement keep it simple. One of the board sponsors allthewhey.com has a 20/30 blend, it's cheap & fits the bill.

I would strongly rec'd that you get most of your protein from whole foods. Your body handles them much more efficiently, IMO.

As far as strength, consider spending much time in the exercise science section. Like others have mentioned, cut back some. The body needs rest.

Go look through the exercise science section for a few days. See if you get some ideas on some changes. Come back & post them here and I am sure you will get some help designing a new routine. Include any goals, strengths and/or weak points.
I can't change my routine I lift with my dad and he can only lift certin days. I will look though.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I can't change my routine I lift with my dad and he can only lift certin days. I will look though.
Oh, it sounded like you lifted everyday from your initial post.

I did not mean time schedule when I wrote routine. I was refering to the exercises as well as rep & set scheme. Sorry if that was not clear.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
No 180g's protein and 360g's carbs, these are minimums mind you. And i've used Arginine Ethyl Ester and put on a couple pounds from it, awesome pumps, accidental hard-ons, lol. Creatine Ethyl Ester is much better for mass and strength though. I'd buy both in bulk and cap the yourself, you'll save a load of cash. And 100lbs in a year? Their is no way that was all muscle i'm telling your right now.

Mason

Awards
Oh, it sounded like you lifted everyday from your initial post.

I did not mean time schedule when I wrote routine. I was refering to the exercises as well as rep & set scheme. Sorry if that was not clear.
I do lift everyday, just every other day is HIGH reps and almost no weight; just keeps blood flowing and helps relax/cut down on soreness.
No 180g's protein and 360g's carbs, these are minimums mind you. And i've used Arginine Ethyl Ester and put on a couple pounds from it, awesome pumps, accidental hard-ons, lol. Creatine Ethyl Ester is much better for mass and strength though. I'd buy both in bulk and cap the yourself, you'll save a load of cash. And 100lbs in a year? Their is no way that was all muscle i'm telling your right now.
I think 20-30 lbs of it was water weight. It said to drink like a gallon a day on it and I didn't lose even close to a gallon a day. Hence 205 to 175? Yeah, I will be on creatine. Cappin' myself, Maybe not.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Hey, just some friendly advice and some questions?
I'm not that much older than you, but we weigh close to the same...(im about 15 lbs lighter)

100 lbs in a year... i think that could cause heart failure, but then again you lost 25, and are now down to 175... I would say more cardio. ... glutamine, not needed so much...

eat more food at your weight, i eat more than you and im less ...

this is just my opinion, but even if you only lift light weight 4 days and heavy 3, that still leaves ZERO time to rest... which your body needs especially when you are still growing like me

Nitrix... i dont know what that will do for you, my friend said it sucked for him... you dont really need that stuff either

just eat protein, lots more food, and please get some rest... im not your mom but if i was i would tell you to go to bed and take sunday off! :rant:

Mason

Awards
Hey, just some friendly advice and some questions?
I'm not that much older than you, but we weigh close to the same...(im about 15 lbs lighter)

100 lbs in a year... i think that could cause heart failure, but then again you lost 25, and are now down to 175... I would say more cardio. ... glutamine, not needed so much...

eat more food at your weight, i eat more than you and im less ...

this is just my opinion, but even if you only lift light weight 4 days and heavy 3, that still leaves ZERO time to rest... which your body needs especially when you are still growing like me

Nitrix... i dont know what that will do for you, my friend said it sucked for him... you dont really need that stuff either

just eat protein, lots more food, and please get some rest... im not your mom but if i was i would tell you to go to bed and take sunday off! :rant:
Yeah, I changed my diet a bit. I will eat more when summer comes, I will have more time to. I stopped lifting/cardio as much.
Harder work outs. Less. I stopped cardio. I play bball in the park and wrestling is a good enough cardio.