muscle milk???

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Anyone know the difference between muscle milk and muslce milk naturals???

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
MM Naturals contains no artificial sweeteners or colors. That's about the only difference.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Best tasting protein powder??? Casein is...........?

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
NO....no MM for moi......I think I'm going with champ whey....

dude at GNC (yes, I went there.......just to check out some new products, i.e. aviator) said Cytogainer is the ****!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
No, whole foods are the ****. Anyone that tells you one protein powder over another is gonna make some huge differance is,.... yep, you guessed it, selling something. Just get some inexpensive whey or a blend (which I prefer) and you will be golden as long as most of your protein is from whole foods.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
No, whole foods are the ****. Anyone that tells you one protein powder over another is gonna make some huge differance is,.... yep, you guessed it, selling something. Just get some inexpensive whey or a blend (which I prefer) and you will be golden as long as most of your protein is from whole foods.
Sooooo what you're saying is 6 shakes a day supplemented with one meal of real food isn't a good thing?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
May I recommend Mega Milk by Dymatize?
Mega Milk is nearly the same as Muscle Milk and more expensive as well. If you don't believe me try finding it for less than $16.88.

B

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well there you go. How's the taste? I've haven't heard the greatest reviews.

Well the ingredients are the same gram for gram. I enjoyed the cookies and cream flavor. The only Muscle Milk I have tried is vanilla, so I can't really compared. I like Dymatize overall so they get my business.

B

BBAddict

Awards
I love MM, but it is really high in fat. I think its 18g of fat per serving. I personally only use it during low carb or possibly at night. Too much fat for me for most meals, pre-workout and definitely not post-workout.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
My last order of MM (muscle milk) I ordered 12 of them and each 1 a different flavor, and I love them all. Want to hear some gross sounding flavor's. Egg nog, orange cream, mint choc chip, just to name a few and WOW they are GOOOOOD almost too good sometimes if I crave sweets I drink one, At least its better than a box of twinkies lol

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Cookies and Cream is really, really, really, really addictive for me.

After I have one shake, I want another one!

B

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love MM, but it is really high in fat. I think its 18g of fat per serving. I personally only use it during low carb or possibly at night. Too much fat for me for most meals, pre-workout and definitely not post-workout.

Keep in mind that most of the fat is MCT. These are more likely to be used for energy than to be stored as fat.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that most of the fat is MCT. These are more likely to be used for energy than to be stored as fat.
I agree muscle milk always gives me so much energy thru out the day I love that stuff....:run:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Don't let the MCT's fool ya.

MCTs first gained prominence for treating persons suffering from fat mal- absorption, pancreatic deficiency, or stomach or esophageal diseases. Researchers found that MCTs, because of their better solubility and motility, underwent a rapid hydrolysis by salivary, gastric, and pancreatic enzymes. Consequently, they were able to reach the liver and provide energy much more quickly than long-chain triglycerides (Guillot, et al., 1993). There was also some evidence that MCTs reduced lipid deposition in fat stores compared with that resulting from LCTs under identical energy intake conditions. However, this is no reason to believe that ingesting these oils in excess will not result in a positive energy balance which the body stores as fat. MCTs, like regular oils, like regular fats, have nine calories per gramme. Even though they are metabolized differently, using them in excessive amounts will add inches to your waistline.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: I agree.

Actually, MCT's can be absorbed intact without pancreatic or biliary processes.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Yes, but takes quite a bit more of 4 cals per gram vs. 9 cals per gram to equal out to the same level of caloric surplus. More than double. In other words, having an extra 18 g's of protein is no biggie at 72 cals but an extra 18 g's fat pencils out to 162 cals of a macro that stores as adipose preferentially over carbs or pro.

B

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am still a big MCT fan. I didn't gain an ounce of fat while taking Mega Milk.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, ok. Obviously moderation is the main point here. One or two servings a day isn't going to kill you. Personally I mix a scoop of MM and a scoop of chocolate whey into my MRP's I make on a daily basis. MM really makes a difference in flavor honestly.

S

SirThor

Awards
Muscle milk is very tasty but I only use it to substitute it for a fat meal. Love that mocha joe.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Ok, ok. Obviously moderation is the main point here. One or two servings a day isn't going to kill you. Personally I mix a scoop of MM and a scoop of chocolate whey into my MRP's I make on a daily basis. MM really makes a difference in flavor honestly.
2 SERVINGS is approx. 1800 cals bro.....anyways, I use it religiously on top of a few meals. + cytogainer is just as good

usually a cytogainer postworkout and muscle milk with skim, peanuts prebed

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
2 SERVINGS is approx. 1800 cals bro.....
I don't know what label you're reading, but 2 servings (2 scoops equals 1 serving which equals 348 cals) comes out to be about 700 calories.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
in milk, you can add another 300 cals, making it about 1,000......

B

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1 serving in milk is about 500 cals
Skim milk of course... the decent tasting milk. :twisted:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Either way, 1000 calories is a good thing. Unless you're "cutting". :rolleyes:

R

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody had any experiance with Eas Max Milk, it looks to have a near identical profile to muscle milk. I ask this because I can get 4 jugs for 40 bucks.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
NOT IN ONE MEAL BRO.....
You're really frustrating me. One serving is about 350 cals. With milk obviously it will be a little higher. If you had two servings spread throughout the day that would be 700 calories. With milk it would be close to 1000 calories. Split that up and you would have about 500 calories, not 1000 calories all at once. Do you understand yet?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody had any experiance with Eas Max Milk, it looks to have a near identical profile to muscle milk. I ask this because I can get 4 jugs for 40 bucks.
Yes, chocolate was very good. For that price I would get it in a heartbeat.

Just found the deal you were talking about. $35.80 for a four pack. I might hit that up.

In fact I just did, thanks for the heads up rippedforce. Props.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
ok..listen........1 serving = 350...+ milk is 500.....2 servings a day would be 1,000....math anyone?

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
OK...ENough of that......it's a solid product, but I've never had the premades......just as good? They sell them in the vending at my gym - amazing how many drink them while they train....I got to laugh.

Cytogainer, however, is 900+ cals for one serving in milk....now thats a mass shake!

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
OK...ENough of that......it's a solid product, but I've never had the premades......just as good? They sell them in the vending at my gym - amazing how many drink them while they train....I got to laugh.

Cytogainer, however, is 900+ cals for one serving in milk....now thats a mass shake!
The first premade I had I didn't really like it... Not saying it was gross but it didn't taste the same as if you were to make it. But after a few they grew on me and I love em now :drunk:

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
got em in your vending? When do you guys incorporate them? Prebed?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Orange Cream and Peach Mango...mmmm, awesome smoothie.

D

DaC0der

Awards
I like to put the vanilla flavor in oatmeal. I know you can buy it premade but it's really expensive.

I like the vanilla flavor over all other vanillas out there. It must be the extra fat.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
The mcts have totally wrecked havoc on my stomach....any other prebed suggestions? Cottage cheese and a fistfll of almonds?