Need something for Focus, lookin on taking Clen - AnabolicMinds.com

Need something for Focus, lookin on taking Clen

  1. Board Supporter
    michael83wolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    127

    Reputation

    Need something for Focus, lookin on taking Clen


    I need something to increase focus. The thing is I'm plannin on starting Clen in about a week or 2. I am currently a full time student and work around 25-30 hours a week. I have to have something to increase my focus. It's getting to where I will sit through an entire class period and not absorb one thing that is said the entire time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2150

    Reputation

    Beating yourself up about it helps. Asking yourself: "Am I really this ****ing weak that I can't concentrate?"

    I don't think clen will help with this at all. Neurostim and Ergopharm AMP are probably your best bets for supplementary help.

    Finding ways for the content to be meaningful to you will help too.
  3. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Clen's not where its at. No way.

    ALRI venom has increased my concentration abilities, but I've been getting weird sides like anxiety--i never get that.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    klugman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    Clen did not ever help me focus. It just made me edgy and confrontational.

    That and the annoying muscle cramps at weird times.
  5. Cutting Sucks!
    Ant.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    He is taking clen. to cut and is wanting to take something else for help with focus.
  6. Board Supporter
    michael83wolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    127

    Reputation

    I'm not takin clen for the focus part of it. I can't focus now and was plannin on taking clen for a cut. I wanted to know if there was something I could take to help me with focus while on clen. I've read that ephedra and caffeine are good to take for this, but im not takin those while on clen. Would you guys just recommend not takin the clen at all? Thanks for all your help.
  7. Elite Member
    ManBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,516
    Rep Power
    48651

    Reputation

    I would look elsewhere for cutting help if you are having problems concentrating/focusing already, clen just made me edgy/jittery and everyone around me thought I had developed a spontaneous case of (Young) Adult ADHD.

    ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  8. Board Supporter
    michael83wolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    127

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Beating yourself up about it helps. Asking yourself: "Am I really this ****ing weak that I can't concentrate?"

    I don't think clen will help with this at all. Neurostim and Ergopharm AMP are probably your best bets for supplementary help.

    Finding ways for the content to be meaningful to you will help too.
    I think this is exactly what I need. Just buckling down and doing it. I've never had a problem with concentration before, so I think if I just put my mind to it, I can do it. Thanks Beowulf, you hit it on the nose.
  9. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    Rhodiola Rosea, Chocamine, and Choline are some supplements that Ive noted improved focus on while taking. Beowulf is right though bro - probably just a motivation/discipline issue.

    BTW, Im moving this one over to supplements...

    BV
  10. New Member
    tregar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    Ritalin 2.5mg (very small dose by the way ) taken every 3 hours has completely changed my life. I went from "needs improvement" to "outstanding employee" at work, what a difference it has made--I highly recommend it, I was diagnosed with ADHD 3 years ago, and it still works as effective as when I started because I keep the dose low and use it when I need it, I never take it after 6pm. I have more focus, more energy, calm, don't get upset with people like I used to, get stuff done now instead of putting it off, not to mention it cured my long-standing depression, and I've been thru a ton of crap in my life. Sounds like a wonder drug? It is for me...just what I needed, and I've tried just about everything under the sun. Ritalin is great for motivational energy and focus. Fill out an ADHD questionaire, and talk to a good doctor. Keep your doctor/patient relationship good by going to see your doc every month from then on. I would have cruised thru school and college if I'd have been diagnosed earlier, but better late then never. This drug turned my life and brain around 360 degrees...I've tried dexedrine, antidepressants, just about every illegal drug you can think of, but this was the chemical that made me know what it was like to be normal, happy and "energized" and "with it" again. It also stopped my drug cravings for the illegal crap. I found the ritalin worked better for me than dexedrine, but than others find just the opposite, you have to get to know your brain and body, try them both, and you will know which one is right for you. Remember also that ritalin is short acting, and usually lasts about 90 minutes. Twin lab also makes a drink called "choline cocktail" in powder form that you add to juice, about 1 tablespoon is good in juice...works well but does little to nothing to block dopamine in the brain, ritalin blocks dopamine receptors about 70% in the brain, so it is quite effective, this way you have more dopamine available to use so it doesn't get "re-uptaked" as quickly as it would normally.

    I was like you, I could sit in class yet not be there...people would talk to me but I wouldn't hear them...I was even so rude as to finish people's sentences for them or change the topic of a conversation at evey opportunity I got!...now its just the opposite. Good books on ADHD are the ones by Edward M. Hallowell, M.D. "Answers to Distraction" and "Delivered from Distraction"

    The dose I take (2.5mg to 5mg) every 3 hours or so is less than even what a child takes, yet I feel it working, it is an effective mood brightener, and does wonders for increasing focus, energy, and calmness. I combine it with a good body building diet and workouts and have never felt or worked better. I work 12 hour shifts, sometimes 4 days in a row...I honestly was loosing my mind and sanity at work until I got on ritalin, now I perform way better without getting agitated or loosing steam all day.

    Sometimes I wonder if our modern society is going to far working round the clock, 7 days a week, night and day....the quickening I call it, I've seen hundreds of people come and go at our job, it's so bad they bring in 30 new people each monday to replace the people who have left..the ones who can't take it anymore, or get canned in record time. The corporate world I live in has gone ballistic trying to compete with China and India..labor costs..blah blah blah..benefits have to go..we need you to do the work of 3 people...etc etc.
  11. Advanced Member
    stri8ted_planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    532
    Rep Power
    372

    Reputation

    How about SNS Focus XT? Very good product for focus.

    http://www.planetarynutrition.com/pr...snsfocusxt.htm
  12. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    26293

    Reputation

    I would avoid clen right now.

    If you are looking to cut venom/ or amp would be a good choice. They might help with focus too.

    The problem may not be your focus but a by-product of something that needs to be dealt with.

    Good luck on your journey.

    M
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  13. New Member
    Jblake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tregar
    Ritalin 2.5mg (very small dose by the way ) taken every 3 hours has completely changed my life. I went from "needs improvement" to "outstanding employee" at work, what a difference it has made--I highly recommend it, I was diagnosed with ADHD 3 years ago, and it still works as effective as when I started because I keep the dose low and use it when I need it, I never take it after 6pm. I have more focus, more energy, calm, don't get upset with people like I used to, get stuff done now instead of putting it off, not to mention it cured my long-standing depression, and I've been thru a ton of crap in my life. Sounds like a wonder drug? It is for me...just what I needed, and I've tried just about everything under the sun. Ritalin is great for motivational energy and focus. Fill out an ADHD questionaire, and talk to a good doctor. Keep your doctor/patient relationship good by going to see your doc every month from then on. I would have cruised thru school and college if I'd have been diagnosed earlier, but better late then never. This drug turned my life and brain around 360 degrees...I've tried dexedrine, antidepressants, just about every illegal drug you can think of, but this was the chemical that made me know what it was like to be normal, happy and "energized" and "with it" again. It also stopped my drug cravings for the illegal crap. I found the ritalin worked better for me than dexedrine, but than others find just the opposite, you have to get to know your brain and body, try them both, and you will know which one is right for you. Remember also that ritalin is short acting, and usually lasts about 90 minutes. Twin lab also makes a drink called "choline cocktail" in powder form that you add to juice, about 1 tablespoon is good in juice...works well but does little to nothing to block dopamine in the brain, ritalin blocks dopamine receptors about 70% in the brain, so it is quite effective, this way you have more dopamine available to use so it doesn't get "re-uptaked" as quickly as it would normally.
    Did you take it before writing this post, lol? Very informative, it just made me laugh because it reminds me of the way I write when I'm stimmed up.
  14. New Member
    tregar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    LoL, nope it's 9 pm, and thats just my "normal" adhd self rambling on...lol...I just finished a many day long 12 hour shift back to back and just happy and glad to be home.
  15. laz
    laz is offline
    Board Sponsor
    laz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    137

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stri8ted_planet
    How about SNS Focus XT? Very good product for focus.

    http://www.planetarynutrition.com/pr...snsfocusxt.htm
    You beat me to it!
  16. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1335

    Reputation

    How about MAN's Scorch? My wife and I both tried some before our workouts today and both noticed increased focus and well being. Of course it was our first time with it, so who knows. Just throwing it out there. I'll probably give it another test run tomorrow. It might pair well with something like clen if indeed you go that route.
  17. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    I'd say Venom - I felt great focus and really got some **** done at work while taking 2 caps on an empty stomach when I got up.

    Same for Amp. But Venom was a bigger effect.
  18. laz
    laz is offline
    Board Sponsor
    laz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    137

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    How about MAN's Scorch? My wife and I both tried some before our workouts today and both noticed increased focus and well being. Of course it was our first time with it, so who knows. Just throwing it out there. I'll probably give it another test run tomorrow. It might pair well with something like clen if indeed you go that route.
    Scorch is more of a thermo but it could help out those who dont get anxiety from stims.
  19. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1335

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Scorch is more of a thermo but it could help out those who dont get anxiety from stims.
    Isn't it a little of both? It's an appetite supressant, mood enhancer amd thermo all rolled up into one little package. I felt pretty good on it tonight.
  20. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I'd say Venom - I felt great focus and really got some **** done at work while taking 2 caps on an empty stomach when I got up.

    Same for Amp. But Venom was a bigger effect.
    How long did u take it for? If I keep taking 2 caps daily, I start to feel 'out of it'. I think I'm gonna have to run it 2,1,2,1,2,1,etc. (caps/day) to avoid the nasty side of it.

    However, the focus and energy are pretty damn good. Not to mention the fat burning effects.
  21. laz
    laz is offline
    Board Sponsor
    laz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    137

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Isn't it a little of both? It's an appetite supressant, mood enhancer amd thermo all rolled up into one little package. I felt pretty good on it tonight.
    Yah but it kind of depends on the person. Scorch is marketed as a thermo, because it was formulated mostly for its fat burning, appetite suppressing ablilities. Something like Focus Xt or Nuerostim is marketed for focus because they really dont contain any thermogenic substances. They contain chemicals that are to improve mental focus and concentration without that overly wired feeling.
  22. Board Supporter
    cable626's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    12837

    Reputation

    Well first thing to do is check your sleep. Make sure you're getting enough sleep every night. Next thing I'd recommend is start being organized if you're not already. That means plan out your meals, your homework, your study time, etc.

    And lastly, 3g Alcar + 200mg Caffeine helps me get through a 6-7 hour school day.
  23. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1335

    Reputation

    My point was you can get both in one supplement. I get what you're saying though.
  24. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Kwy - I had a 4 cap sample pack from Island Supps.

    I've taken 1 first thing twice and 1 first thing and then before lunch.
    It's crazy stuff. My workout was awesome when taking 2 of them.
    I did have some difficulty sleeping though.
  25. New Member
    turkish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    257

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Instone
    pre-workout Intensity! has a mind muscle blend that increases the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain to help you re-create neuro-transmitters faster allowing you to concentrate and focus better

    http://www.instonenutrition.com/products/intensity.htm
    Thank you Sly
  26. I luv my tee, thanks NP
    rhunt000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    237

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Rhodiola Rosea, Chocamine, and Choline are some supplements that Ive noted improved focus on while taking. Beowulf is right though bro - probably just a motivation/discipline issue.

    BTW, Im moving this one over to supplements...

    BV
    I would add:

    ALCAR
    L-Tryosine
    and take Alpha-GPC as your choline source.
  27. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    I just want to re-bump Venom.

    I got more **** done at work on the day when I took 2 of them than the previous week.

    Keep in mind, the more days like that you have at work, the more your bosses will expect of you.
    I pefer just to do enough such that I don't get fired.
    (You won't see me at CEO anytime soon.)
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need something to take for anxiety.
    By DerickVonD in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 06-18-2013, 05:48 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
  3. Need something for cortisol control
    By captgarrett in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
  4. something for focus
    By rolandajoint in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM
  5. Need something for Focus, lookin on taking Clen
    By michael83wolves in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in