my f***ed up chest muscle

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure i tore my left pec about 2 years ago. It swole like crazy and turned black and did everything else thats typical of a muscle tear. I waited probably only about 2 weeks and started back workin out. Ive been hitting hard since the injury with pretty much no problems. In the last 2 months i've been unable to work chest consistently without hurting it. I just took 3 weeks off and today i hurt it doing freakin 275 on incline press. I used to bench 410 and I was doing flat dumbells with 130 pound dumbells just a month ago. I havent changed my training habits or anything else. I got a mri today and have another appt with my sports med. doctor in a week. Anybody got any ideas on what i should do. My doc has me on an anti-inflammatory and im takin all kinds of supps for inflammation. I guess im just asking what I should do? Ive tried everything i know and im freaking pissed. Im ready to get this **** fixed one way or the other.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a mri today and have another appt with my sports med. doctor in a week. Anybody got any ideas on what i should do. My doc has me on an anti-inflammatory and im takin all kinds of supps for inflammation. I guess im just asking what I should do? Ive tried everything i know and im freaking pissed. Im ready to get this **** fixed one way or the other.
You pretty much answered your own question...no? My professional advice is; if it hurts stop doing it. That's on the house.

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
If it was a complete tear, then how did it heal and then flair up again to the point of makin it impossible for me to do even the eaisest chest movements.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
You had a complete tear and didn't get it re-attached?

Either you didn't tear the muscle or you are severly lacking in the cranium department. 2 Weeks?!?! :wtf: Black and blue?

Sounds like you didn't warm up after being off for 3 weeks. :trout:

Go see a doctor dood. Quit trying to be tough or you really are going to mess your junk up good.

sean taylor

sean taylor

West Coast Highland Athlete
Awards
  • Established
You are asking questions that a doc will and should be answering for you. Stop all chest workout and any other workout that hurts your chest and wait to see what the doc says. It is not worth your long term health and fitness to risk aggravating it even more.

Also free...

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
And to answer your question.... about what you should do...

DON't TOUCH A WEIGHT!!! Don't go near a gym until you hear back on the MRI and consult your physician.

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
im pretty sure I tore it. It turned black and if freakin swole up like hell. I mean, you could see the swelling through a baggy tshirt. it was like a freakin mountain. I started back so soon because each time i worked out, it didnt really hurt all that bad. I worked my way back up to 410 max press, so i figured everything was fine. When i first saw my sports med. doctor he said he could tell i didnt have the same mass on my left pec, but that the muscle was still there. I know ive done some stupid things with training, but damn I really thought i was gonna be okay today. The weight didnt even feel heavy. If I hurt it when I dont even strain, I know its severly f'd up. Two questions,
If i did have a complete tear or partial, Is surgery the only option?
what kinda recovery period am i lookin at here?

off duty ninja

Awards
im pretty sure I tore it. It turned black and if freakin swole up like hell. I mean, you could see the swelling through a baggy tshirt. it was like a freakin mountain. I started back so soon because each time i worked out, it didnt really hurt all that bad. I worked my way back up to 410 max press, so i figured everything was fine. When i first saw my sports med. doctor he said he could tell i didnt have the same mass on my left pec, but that the muscle was still there. I know ive done some stupid things with training, but damn I really thought i was gonna be okay today. The weight didnt even feel heavy. If I hurt it when I dont even strain, I know its severly f'd up. Two questions,
If i did have a complete tear or partial, Is surgery the only option?
what kinda recovery period am i lookin at here?
seriously man, go ask your doctor & stop making the situation worse. i just broke my left humerus bone w/ a lot of muscle damage & i want to hit the gym as soon as possible...but guess what? im gonna do whatever it takes to get myself back to 100% & if i have to baby myself, then **** it. peace out.:head: