Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes, the methyl B12 is indeed a newer product. Up until now, all injectible B12 was cyanocobalamin...a B12 molecule bonded to a cyanide molecule. The new stuff is methylcobalamin..same B12, sans the cyanide.

The B12 sublingual tabs use methylcobalamin because it absorbs better.

2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.50
    Of course my bottle of sterile oral B vitamins is in the fridge right now .
    Am I supposed to be fridgin my B12?
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

I use to keep mine cold but it started to make my inj. go a bit slower. It became a bit thicker making it harder to shoot.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.33%

Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Hey 50, I don't think all B12 is methyl b/c IBE already sells B12, so the methylB12 wouldn't be a new product.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.33%

Oh I doubt its necessary. I just happened to keep it in the same place as some other thins that do need to be refridgerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Am I supposed to be fridgin my B12?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%

I don't typically have a huge appetite so I notice that effect of B12 most. I don't notice too much in the way of energy unless I stop using for a few weeks then resume. The biggest plus of using it has been a huge reduction in allergy symptoms...it's really been a life saver in that regard. I used to take Claritin for most of the year and even that didn't take away symptoms 100%..more like 45%. With regular B12 pinning I no longer even take Claritin at all. I will have an occassional attack like right now because all the junipers and cypress trees are pumping out clouds of pollen, but normally this time of year I wouldn't even go outside if I could avoid it.
    how much b12 were you injecting per day to git rid of allergies? cause my allergies are F#CKING KILLING ME...thanks
    ...does 1000mcg sound good per day?
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.19%

not per day.. try eod at first and stay with that for 2 maybe 3 weeks than taper down to about 1000mcg's 1-2 times a week imo.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.01%

Quote Originally Posted by mildain
    how much b12 were you injecting per day to git rid of allergies? cause my allergies are F#CKING KILLING ME...thanks
    ...does 1000mcg sound good per day?
    Methyl B12 is supposed to be far more effective. Search for a thread about it from Bioman. It is probably in the IBE forum.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Ok Bioman, you've got me intrigued about the allergies too, as my sinuses feel like they are going to blow out the front of my face right now.

It's not going to make my nipples disappear is it???

Max mentioned tapering down the dosage, however, would keeping it high maybe have a better appetite effect?? Any probs with high doses for long periods??
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.19%

Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH
    Ok Bioman, you've got me intrigued about the allergies too, as my sinuses feel like they are going to blow out the front of my face right now.

It's not going to make my nipples disappear is it???

Max mentioned tapering down the dosage, however, would keeping it high maybe have a better appetite effect?? Any probs with high doses for long periods??
    you'll notcie that it seems once you have been using it for a couple weeks you can still get the same effects even at a lower dose as long as you gradually taper down 2-1000mcg shots a week keeps my allergies in check, energy up, and appetite high. Try it out.

Methyl b12 is supposed to be more effective although it is double the cost of cyano. I don't have enough money to try an expensive product when a cheaper one gives me the same desired effect. But I will give it a go eventually.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

animal has a sod/b12 blend im gonna try.....but i may have to do meridia/oxycalm because i DONT have need for appetite stimulation
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks Max...I just ordered the methyl from IBE. Looking forward to trying it out.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70%

This thread triggers a memory years ago when I lived in so. ca. at the beginning of my bodybuilding career LOL We use to go into a cattle supply store and buy a lifetime supply of B12 for like $12. It was a huge bottle. They would ask us what you boys going to do with this. We told them it was for our chickens. We use to inject every other day. Of course we had no idea how often or how much to inject. I remember injecting into my calves thinking it would make them grow. I would hit veins and nerves. Hee Hee. Oh well enough rambling about the past.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.88%

Max's advice is spot on. There really does not seem to be a problem with pinning 1000 mcg eod for longer periods..I did not have any sides from it.

The main thing with the methyl B12 I have noticed is that the energy kicks in faster and is..well, "smoother" and more consistent for lack of a better term. I supposed because it is not rate limited by conversion.

For allergies, use the aforementioned protocol and throw in some magnesium. According to my alt medicine texts, magnesium plays a role in immune system modulation and in real life it does seem to help. In any case practically everyone is deficient in it so it can't hurt. Solaray has a Magnesium-Potassium Asporotate with Bromelain that is very nice for this purpose. Bromelain has great anitinflammatory properties and helps prevent cancer.

If these measures don't bring 100% releif, try adding in several doses of Quercitin-Bromelain-Vitamin C per day. I've had pretty good luck with QBC and it should be available at most health stores. Ester-C is another great add in.

Keep your fish oil doses somewhat high and consistent.

If THESE measures fail, lemme know and we can start an allergy thread and list out the whole array of supps out there...either that or go on meds because you are an inflammatory nightmare.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.01%

http://www.vitacost.com/science/hn/Supp/Vitamin_B12.htm

This link also mentions that b12 injections have strong scientific data backing B12 as a treatment for depression (w/o side effects). I'm thinking this is probably also a good PCT supp.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.88%

A b12 deficiency will definitely contribute to depression as will folic acid. The two are extremely underrated for depression and I treat my symptoms primarily with these as well as selenium and chromium.

Despite some warnings of folate toxicity from taking too much folic acid, that basically only relates to people who lack an certain enzyme that breaks down folate. There's several large studies that have people on doses as high as 150,000 mcgs per day with no ill effects. My advice if you are feeling blue..take around 3200 mcgs of folic acid and some B12. This has worked well for me..in fact, I'd call it a life saver.
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.19%

Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH
    Thanks Max...I just ordered the methyl from IBE. Looking forward to trying it out.
    Good let me know how you like it. I just noticed ibe is having a sale on the methyl b12. I might give it a run as well. See what I can dig out of the couch cushions. Or maybe an early birthday gift from my girlfriend lol.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm looking forward to this. My wife also is going to get some injections (should be interesting!). She's got some chronic fatigue as a result of mono and epstein barr when she was a kid. If this helps that, it will be a freaking miracle!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. the cause of increase's in appetite with B12
    By buyb12 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 11:32 AM
  2. Big sale 35% off buy b12 here
    By buyb12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 02:06 AM
  3. B12 and the Metabolic Rate
    By buyb12 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23