b12

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i tried searching for b12 and b12* but nothing came up although i know its been talked about a lot .. oh well sorry for this

but at what dose and how often should b12 be injected?

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
glen, whats up bro? Interested in this myself. Curious if this is effective for the cold season as well. I have heard of many docs giving b12 injections when signs of a fever start. Mind you, alternative med docs.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
what's going on Max? how's tricks?

i've got some b12 on the way and i'm looking for the increased appetite and hopefully it'll clear up some acne on my upper arms that won't quit ..

so ... bumpity bump bump

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Jones how is it going man? I try to get 1.5 ml right before I work out seems to really help (energy) especially when I stack it with ALCAR and some taurine.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I hit 1/2 ml 2x ew.

Slight appetite increase, I already feel great and have lots of energy so can't comment on it's benefit there.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
It's interesting... people in most of the threads say search search...

But searching only turns up minimal threads with people mainly saying search again.

Not alot of talk about dosing.

EDIT: Thanks Beowulf-- Link that Moyer posted -- 2nd one by lifted is the one I was looking for.

Cold

Awards
I used 1000mcg's a day. Appetite, energy, and mood we're great. Also I noticed that I was never sore after a workout. I talked with my biology professor and he said that b12 actually helps with tissue repair.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I just went through a bottle of NOW brand liquid sublingual B12. I can't say much about energy or appetitie increase from it, but I really believe it's helped my allergies. I took 1000mcg every morning.

Just ordered some 2000mcg lozenges, so I'll see if it gets any better. I'm sure the injectable is by far the best, but I decided if I'm gonna start pinning, I'm gonna use something more powerfull than B12 :)

ryano

Awards
  • Established
off topic but glen where are your nipples?
I always thought that picture was kinda a strange... kinda like seeing somebody with no eyebrows...your just like weird somethings missin..

Like strippers with pasties

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
LOL .. i was gonna say something nasty in retort until i looked at my avatar again and realized it does look like i have no nipples haha

trust me they're there .. outside lower corners .. that's what happens when you have muscles :) .. you puny folk wouldn't understand :rasp:

ryano

Awards
  • Established
You should draw some in with some markers..

Really big ones

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Now someone is gonna start a photoshop thread of Glen!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say something about B12..but **** it, I can't stop laughing.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
i tried searching for b12 and b12* but nothing came up although i know its been talked about a lot .. oh well sorry for this

but at what dose and how often should b12 be injected?

I am not sure what mg/ml your B12 is. I got some from the other board and I did 1ml every day for a week and now I do 3times a week. I think one bottle will last almost a year.

IMO it did increase my appetite but not sure how much. I also noticed the veins stand out a little more. I look at it as cheap insurance. Against what I don't know lol

CROWLER

Pushofabutton

Awards
This is going to sound stupid but when u are pinning B vits are you Going IM or SQ.

I would Think IM but what gauge of pin are u using?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You can pin either way. For me, I kinda sorta vaguley notice better results by pinning IM but it could just be placebo.

I don't typically have a huge appetite so I notice that effect of B12 most. I don't notice too much in the way of energy unless I stop using for a few weeks then resume. The biggest plus of using it has been a huge reduction in allergy symptoms...it's really been a life saver in that regard. I used to take Claritin for most of the year and even that didn't take away symptoms 100%..more like 45%. With regular B12 pinning I no longer even take Claritin at all. I will have an occassional attack like right now because all the junipers and cypress trees are pumping out clouds of pollen, but normally this time of year I wouldn't even go outside if I could avoid it.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I am not sure what mg/ml your B12 is. I got some from the other board and I did 1ml every day for a week and now I do 3times a week. I think one bottle will last almost a year.

CROWLER
Was it the standard 20ml? If so, it would only last 5 weeks at your dosing schedule.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
LOL .. i was gonna say something nasty in retort until i looked at my avatar again and realized it does look like i have no nipples haha

trust me they're there .. outside lower corners .. that's what happens when you have muscles :) .. you puny folk wouldn't understand :rasp:
That also happens when you're five foot nothing ;)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Was it the standard 20ml? If so, it would only last 5 weeks at your dosing schedule.
I am not sure what you mean when you say standard 20ml The kind I get is 100 ml and yes you are right it would NOT last a FULL year lol Actually the directions say take it 2 times a week after the first week so it would last 46 weeks.

Still for $50 it last ALOT longer than any other sups I take.

CROWLER

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I am not sure what you mean when you say standard 20ml The kind I get is 100 ml and yes you are right it would NOT last a FULL year lol Actually the directions say take it 2 times a week after the first week so it would last 46 weeks.

Still for $50 it last ALOT longer than any other sups I take.

CROWLER
Gotcha. In that case, 100ml will last abot 8 months with your dosing schedule. I guess 2/3 is almost 1. :D

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
man i'm just getting bitch slapped here lol

i've said it before and i'll say it again ... i hate all of you

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
man i'm just getting bitch slapped here lol

i've said it before and i'll say it again ... i hate all of you
Actually I like the no nipple thing. I think more guys should do that. maybe that will be the next big cosmetic surgury thing. Glen you could sing my hump, my hump, my lovely NO man lumps populorized by The Black Eyed Peas.

CROWLER

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Reminds me of the scene in Pink Floyd The Wall when the guy shaves his nipples off.

LOL, just kiddin Glen. Guys with lots of pec meat usually have their nips re-routed to the outer edges. Not that I pay attention to these things:ntome:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Reminds me of the scene in Pink Floyd The Wall when the guy shaves his nipples off.

LOL, just kiddin Glen. Guys with lots of pec meat usually have their nips re-routed to the outer edges. Not that I pay attention to these things:ntome:
You mean observing this phenomenon is not a part of your fascination with pro bodybuilders? ;)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Umm..ahh..yeah, that would be it. Just observations from afar. LOL

Seriously, when you look at the huge guys, their pecs are physically nothing like our middle of the road, sub 220 physiques. Then if you're like me, you scan them to see who's got gyno and who doesn't just to say "haha, Jay has gyno and I don't". LOL

All in the most purely heterosexual way, of course.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
:D I do the gyno scan too, Bioman; I'm not ashamed.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Here you go glen were looking out for you...

I hope this brings you some comfort

www.zug.com/scrawl/secret/secret2.html

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
though it seems you found your answer thought I would still give my two cents. I started pinning b12 1cc eod IM of course and allergy symptoms were less and appetite was improved. The most notable for me, if your cutting this might not be good but, in the middle of the night I am never hungry and after pinning b12 for a week I woke up in the middle of the night and could not stop stuffing my face with low fat yogurt and natty p.b. by the spoonful. Helped me put on a few more lbs.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Even though the nipple discussion is interesting, I was wondering what you guys thought of the methylcobalamin that IBE is soon to carry. From what I have read methylcobalamin is more effective for many uses then straight b-12. Of course my bottle of sterile oral B vitamins is in the fridge right now and I can't go read the lable at the moment so maybe all inj (scuse me, sterile oral) B-12 is methylcobalamin. Any info on this is appreciated. From the studies I have seem the methylcobalamin is the way to go for me because of the CNS effects.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hey 50, I don't think all B12 is methyl b/c IBE already sells B12, so the methylB12 wouldn't be a new product.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, the methyl B12 is indeed a newer product. Up until now, all injectible B12 was cyanocobalamin...a B12 molecule bonded to a cyanide molecule. The new stuff is methylcobalamin..same B12, sans the cyanide.

The B12 sublingual tabs use methylcobalamin because it absorbs better.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Of course my bottle of sterile oral B vitamins is in the fridge right now .
Am I supposed to be fridgin my B12?

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
I use to keep mine cold but it started to make my inj. go a bit slower. It became a bit thicker making it harder to shoot.

mildain

Awards
I don't typically have a huge appetite so I notice that effect of B12 most. I don't notice too much in the way of energy unless I stop using for a few weeks then resume. The biggest plus of using it has been a huge reduction in allergy symptoms...it's really been a life saver in that regard. I used to take Claritin for most of the year and even that didn't take away symptoms 100%..more like 45%. With regular B12 pinning I no longer even take Claritin at all. I will have an occassional attack like right now because all the junipers and cypress trees are pumping out clouds of pollen, but normally this time of year I wouldn't even go outside if I could avoid it.
how much b12 were you injecting per day to git rid of allergies? cause my allergies are F#CKING KILLING ME...thanks :nutkick:
...does 1000mcg sound good per day?

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not per day.. try eod at first and stay with that for 2 maybe 3 weeks than taper down to about 1000mcg's 1-2 times a week imo.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
how much b12 were you injecting per day to git rid of allergies? cause my allergies are F#CKING KILLING ME...thanks :nutkick:
...does 1000mcg sound good per day?
Methyl B12 is supposed to be far more effective. Search for a thread about it from Bioman. It is probably in the IBE forum.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Ok Bioman, you've got me intrigued about the allergies too, as my sinuses feel like they are going to blow out the front of my face right now.

It's not going to make my nipples disappear is it???

Max mentioned tapering down the dosage, however, would keeping it high maybe have a better appetite effect?? Any probs with high doses for long periods??

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok Bioman, you've got me intrigued about the allergies too, as my sinuses feel like they are going to blow out the front of my face right now.

It's not going to make my nipples disappear is it???

Max mentioned tapering down the dosage, however, would keeping it high maybe have a better appetite effect?? Any probs with high doses for long periods??
you'll notcie that it seems once you have been using it for a couple weeks you can still get the same effects even at a lower dose as long as you gradually taper down 2-1000mcg shots a week keeps my allergies in check, energy up, and appetite high. Try it out.

Methyl b12 is supposed to be more effective although it is double the cost of cyano. I don't have enough money to try an expensive product when a cheaper one gives me the same desired effect. But I will give it a go eventually.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 6
Nutrition / Health 0
Nutrition / Health 0
Supplements 5
81dcs Supplements 5