Need help...first show coming up in August

bigdave2875

Awards
I was wondering if anyone could help me with my supplements. I am 25 years old, have 12% body fat and weigh 245 lbs. I was advised to bulk up to 275 but am having problems getting there. I know my diet is the most important thing but I need advice on supplements not my diet. Can anyone shed some light on my needs.

From the outside looking in you can never understand, from the inside looking out you can never explain.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I would say ON whey, a CEE/NO stack is a good way to put on some weight but your looking to gain 30lbs... that will definately take a couple months..
Try megadosing BCAA's... i have seen some threads where people gain about that much in about three months.. but it could all be hype
By megadosing I would suggest around 30-40grams of BCAA's a day
In the long run, dessicated liver tabs could help bump your weight slightly and will definately help you with energy...
Again 30lbs takes time... even if your on cycle

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Well if your gig is in Aug you should probably start cutting in May. That give you approx 3.5 months to gain 30lbs. IMO not going to happen unless you gain ALOT of fat. I would lower your goal just a bit.

How long has it taken you to get to 245 and what weight did you start at?

CROWLER

bigdave2875

Awards
more info

started at 225...began bulking in october beggining of november... i know i have gained some fat weight...so how much do you think i could put on in the time i have left...i am on CEE and a NO product...i also take liver amino's and 100% whey by optimum... are there any prohormone or test boosters that would be beneficial to me... i am stuck at 245 and i need all the help i can get...thanks for any help

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
post current diet, because supplements are just that they supplement your diet. If you are not eating enough you can have all the test in your body and you wont get the most bang for your buck. Anywho... good sups SizeOn, Vitargo Cgl, Axis HT, NHA stack, Phera-plex and a AI thats about all i can say right now.

bigdave2875

Awards
Never though I would get sick of eating

I am working with a dietician where I am currently employed. They say I am not getting enought carbs. I am wary of carbs cause i was a FAT kid growing up. Are simple carbs okay to eat when bulking up? How much fat gain is normal when bulking? I am eating every 2-3 hours with at least 35 grams of protein in each meal. How many carbs are acceptable at each meal? I am trying to get about 400 grams of protein a day. How many grams of carbs would you reccomend?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Stay away from simple carbs, l Do say use low gi carbs like oatmeal, grits, yams, brown rice, and cyto-gainer. and your kcal total is what? 35 grams of pro. a meal hmm, if eating whole foods you would be eating well over 10 times. SO I know you are supplmenting with protein shakes. I would suggest at least getting 50-60 grams a meal, so if going whole food route you can have 5-6 meals and get 300 grams of pro. plus a pre post workout shake both being 50 grams you have your 400 grams. As for carbs, if you are endomorph they are dependent on your overall projected kcal total.

bigdave2875

Awards
dietician recommended 5000+/day. Should I eat more?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
5000 kcals is fine, as for mainteneance some suggest body weight times 10 to 14 for kcals so 2450-3040 is about right so you will consuming about twice your maintenace kcals. JUST MAKE SURE they are low gi carbs !!! and cram those post wo shakes with vitargo, that def keeps your glycogen levels filled.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Take it for what it's worth as I have never competed but plan to eventually.

Comming in at the top of your weight class is great if... you come in dry and full. You want to have your conditioning down as thats what wins shows. You might look great at where you sit now with a contest bf.

At 245 where do you sit bf wise? (Edit: saw 12%...)You have about 3 months to bulk cleanly right now if the show is in August right?

Do you have any ideas on a weight you want to come in at?

bigdave2875

Awards
Well I am about 6' 3'' so I figured I would have to weigh in at about 240 or so to be competitive. I am eating a lot now and training hard but I just don't seem to be making the gains I want. My strength is going up but not my size, my size is at a stand still. I don't want to put on a lot of body fat so I am kinda confused as to what my next step should be. When should I start doing cardio? I haven't been doing much lately because I am trying to bulk. Also how many days would you guys recommend working out maybe I need to switch around my split.

'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrannies of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.'

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Well I am about 6' 3'' so I figured I would have to weigh in at about 240 or so to be competitive. I am eating a lot now and training hard but I just don't seem to be making the gains I want. My strength is going up but not my size, my size is at a stand still. I don't want to put on a lot of body fat so I am kinda confused as to what my next step should be. When should I start doing cardio? I haven't been doing much lately because I am trying to bulk. Also how many days would you guys recommend working out maybe I need to switch around my split.
I don't know what kind of supplementation you are on.. but maybe it's time to switch compounds/up dosages.

A new training routine might be a good idea as well.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
6'3" at 245 pics would be great to assess how you look right now. but a good 3 months then to come down would be good but as you said less fat bulking is the best way.

bigdave2875

Awards
for my size how much creatine should i get a day...and i just bought some Axis-ht..should i take the recommended dosage or up it a little?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have also been considering getting on the juice. Only problem is I don't know where to get it. I live in alabama and in case you didn't know the general public isnt that crazy about bodybuilding or exercise for that matter. Anyone point me in the right direction?
I knew this was coming...
:wtf: mods???

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Hey, just a heads up... but take down anything closely resembling asking for a source.

"point me in the right direction" ...

Good ideat to read the board rules and come to the understanding this isn't an open source board. Best all around board... but need to find an open source board for that kind of stuff.

Even asking if a brand is good doesn't really go over well - there are plenty of other boards for that.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Understood, but I have done that before, but source posting pissed me off here i am calculating, and thinking about kcal averages, and pondering ways to succed on carb loading etc. when all he had to do was ask where to get "juice"- I need advice on my supplements?

bigdave2875

Awards
Hey guys just looking for some help. If you don't want to help then you don't have to. I said I was thinking about taking juice, not for certain. I am just in rut with my training and I don't have anyone here to help me along with my goal. I can barely even find a workout partner. If you have any knowlege that you think will be beneficail to me then please share it. I am open to any suggestions on legit supplements that you have. Plain and simple I just need some help and direction.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don’t know who told you to gain 30 more lbs this late in the game, your at 12% now and it would be very beneficial for you not to go above 15% so that brings you up to about 251-2. This leaves 3 months to gain 23 lbs of muscle. I really think you should concentrate on making good quality gains rather than trying to pack on all this extra weight. I’m afraid that if you try to pack on a bunch of weight right now too much of it will be fat. Remember the more you put on the more you’ll have to take off.

I am speaking as a natural though; I have very little experience with the various anabolic alternatives. The problem I always had was that I would gain too much in the off-season and cutting was hell. Your down to 12% now why create a bunch more work for yourself.

bigdave2875

Awards
Why is everyone talking about AX supplements. I don't think I have ever heard of them. Apparently half the people who post here take there products.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Why is everyone talking about AX supplements. I don't think I have ever heard of them. Apparently half the people who post here take there products.
Because they are some of the only remaining designer orals.

bigdave2875

Awards
Don't want to sound stupid but what exactly does "designer orals" mean.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Marketed as mass builders but are designer oral steroids.

Nothing marketed today is a "pro hormone" - no conversion process needed.

What pussy neg repped me for this?

bigdave2875

Awards
oh...makes sense..no wonder everyone is on them. Aren't they horrible for your system?

bigdave2875

Awards
One more question and I should be out of your hair for the day. Is this the best place to read about them or is there somewhere else I should be reading?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
This is all you need. Never hurts to visit different boards tho.

But there are enough logs to last you a good 2 weeks of reading.