The "New" Skulpt?

Viator

Awards
Anyone tried it? It would seem to me that you could forget about the actives, $14 for 60cc. of USP grade DMSO is worth it on it's own. 500ml goes for $100 on a few science supply sites.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Thats not the 'new' one. PA is coming out with one very soon, called liposolv, i think its going to be sold at giant nutrition.

carcinogen

Awards
We are anticipating on having it on the giant site by the end of next week. Not sure about the price, though (that isnt really my department). There will be a write up that goes along with it on the site.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
The write up will be on the giant website when we release liposolv.

Gotcha, but did Patrick talk about this on another board?

It's obvious something was said, my point was where?

carcinogen

Awards
Gotcha, but did Patrick talk about this on another board?

It's obvious something was said, my point was where?
there has been some discussion on musclegurus.com, bb.com, and avantlabs.com...but not much, just mainly stating that we are coming out with a new product and such...it is a completely different formula than skuplt, it will not stain.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I need to see some reviews. It would be great to see a topical that actually works.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I need to see some reviews. It would be great to see a topical that actually works.
Only two studies for now:

1: J Endocrinol Invest. 2003 Jul;26(7):646-50.Related Articles, Links

[SIZE=+1]Effect of licorice on the reduction of body fat mass in healthy subjects.[/SIZE]

Armanini D, De Palo CB, Mattarello MJ, Spinella P, Zaccaria M, Ermolao A, Palermo M, Fiore C, Sartorato P, Francini-Pesenti F, Karbowiak I.

Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy. [email protected]

The history of licorice, as a medicinal plant, is very old and has been used in many societies throughout the millennia. The active principle, glycyrrhetinic acid, is responsible for sodium retention and hypertension, which is the most common side-effect. We show an effect of licorice in reducing body fat mass. We studied 15 normal-weight subjects (7 males, age 22-26 yr, and 8 females, age 21-26 yr), who consumed for 2 months 3.5 g a day of a commercial preparation of licorice. Body fat mass (BFM, expressed as percentage of total body weight, by skinfold thickness and by bioelectrical impedance analysis, BIA) and extracellular water (ECW, percentage of total body water, by BIA) were measured. Body mass index (BMI) did not change. ECW increased (males: 41.8+/-2.0 before vs 47.0+/-2.3 after, p<0.001; females: 48.2+/-1.4 before vs 49.4+/-2.1 after, p<0.05). BFM was reduced by licorice: (male: before 12.0+/-2.1 vs after 10.8+/-2.9%, p<0.02; female: before 24.9+/-5.1 vs after 22.1+/-5.4, p<0.02); plasma renin activity (PRA) and aldosterone were suppressed. Licorice was able to reduce body fat mass and to suppress aldosterone, without any change in BMI. Since the subjects were consuming the same amount of calories during the study, we suggest that licorice can reduce fat by inhibiting 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Type 1 at the level of fat cells.

Publication Types:
PMID: 14594116 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
2. Steroids. 2005 Jul;70(8):538-42. Epub 2005 Apr 12.Related Articles, Links
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/utils/lofref.fcgi?PrId=3048&uid=15894038&db=pubmed&url=http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0039-128X(05)00057-7
[SIZE=+1]Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application.[/SIZE]

Armanini D, Nacamulli D, Francini-Pesenti F, Battagin G, Ragazzi E, Fiore C.

Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy. [email protected]

Cortisol is involved in the distribution and deposition of fat, and its action is regulated by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice root, blocks 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus reducing the availability of cortisol at the level of adipocytes. We evaluated the effect of topical application of a cream containing glycyrrhetinic acid in the thickness of fat at the level of the thigh. Eighteen healthy women (age range 20-33 years) with normal BMI were randomly allocated to treatment, at the level of the dominant thigh, with a cream containing 2.5% glycyrrhetinic acid (n=9) or with a placebo cream containing the excipients alone (n=9). Before and after 1 month of treatment both the circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer of the thighs (by ultrasound analysis) were measured. The circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer were significantly reduced in comparison to the controlateral untreated thigh and to control subjects treated with the placebo cream. No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol. The effect of glycyrrhetinic acid on the thickness of subcutaneous fat was likely related to a block of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 at the level of fat cells; therefore, glycyrrhetinic acid could be effectively used in the reduction of unwanted local fat accumulation.

Publication Types:
PMID: 15894038 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
so how long does one bottle last? Any dosage info? I might use this pct...

Fender85

Awards
so how long does one bottle last? Any dosage info? I might use this pct...
Yeah, the Liposolv is 7 sprays per serving at 60 servings. To be used 1-2 times per day, so 30-60 days.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll be interested to see how people rate this vs Avant labs topicals.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Is this similar to the Targex sold by Carlito ? reviews would be nice too.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.. the study doesn't say by how much the body fat was reduced....

And it will be interesting to see if this product indeed works. If PA is behind it, my gut tells me it's gonna be good because he doesn't exactly put out crappy products...

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
It has benzocaine in it... a pain numbing agent... wonder why that is needed...?

Reggin

Awards
I have been taking it for ~ 1 week now. I have noticed absolutely no blanching, pain, or burning. I'm using all 7 sprays for purposes of reducing chest fat.

I have also used Lipoderm and Spooky Lipdoerm in the past under very similar dietary conditions, so I'll let you know how they compare.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good deal, Reggin. Please keep us updated. Anything to mention as of yet? You are using Giant's, correct?

Reggin

Awards
I am using Giants.

Other things: It dries very fast, and is very easy to rub in. As stated before, there is no pain.

As far as results, there might be something there, but I have to note that I am absolutely horrible at noticing changes in my phsyique, no matter how blatantly obvious.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Reggin, please keep letting us know whether you find this product to be effective. One good way is to take a before/after pic....

Reggin

Awards
I'm sorry, I do not have a digital camera, nor access to one.

I should also mention that I am currently on 2.2 grams TTA/day, and the water retention may possibly skew results.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definately notice the blanching effect, it causes little white dots all over the application area. It goes away after 30 minutes or so.
Another good thing is it has no odor and dries fast.

I have stopped using the bottle I have until I start my DNP cycle.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
In his writeup, PA mentioned that yohimbine might be counterproductive to this formula. Can someone explain to me why?

When reading his write up the thought crossed my mind of oral yohimbine with obviously topical liposolv as feasible.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
bump for any updates

Reggin

Awards
Additional thoughts:

1.) I apply directly to my chest. I notice nipple tenderness/hardness for about an hour after applying the product

2.) I got less than 30 days worth. I only got about 20 days worth. I've contacted Giant, and they said they have recently discovered that 7 sprays is more than 1 mL. Thus, they are making changes to the bottle (I don't know if they're adding more or just changing the number of days on the bottle.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Additional thoughts:

1.) I apply directly to my chest. I notice nipple tenderness/hardness for about an hour after applying the product

2.) I got less than 30 days worth. I only got about 20 days worth. I've contacted Giant, and they said they have recently discovered that 7 sprays is more than 1 mL. Thus, they are making changes to the bottle (I don't know if they're adding more or just changing the number of days on the bottle.

I would assume just changing the number of sprays in the directions.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
anyone have positive results yet?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Reggin, please keep letting us know whether you find this product to be effective. One good way is to take a before/after pic....
Another is to use a tape.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
BIG BUMP FOR UPDATES!!!!! HOW DOES this compare to Skulpt?

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using 10 sprays for 10 days straight every morning after my shower, can't tell any difference at all, but maybe over time I'll notice something, its hard to judge at this point.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Older thread but..

I have been reading somes logs on bb.com and I am seeing some positive results. Tempting....almost.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Older thread but..

I have been reading somes logs on bb.com and I am seeing some positive results. Tempting....almost.
yeah so never bring up an old thread, unless u have answers or comments on the topic.

I was all suped when i hit "user cp" and it was a semi-old thread that i actually cared about..then i read and was like :blink:

no offense...and im probly just angry..but still..

(edit, and what i mean by "comments" is usefull info)

h19

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha, Yeah, don't ever want to bring up old threads so people can see it and add information! What a terrible thing to do! Why would I want people to see this thread when there could be new guys asking the same thing in a shiny new thread? Having the same thread multiple times is so cool!

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
i was angry at the time i posted that..but you didn't add anything...newbs can search and find that just fine..

anyway...peace

h19