Anxiety/Depression supp's - AnabolicMinds.com

Anxiety/Depression supp's

  1. Advanced Member
    Whiskey Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    563
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    389

    Anxiety/Depression supp's


    What supp's have you guys had success with.
    I have these fear/depression attacks I guess you could say about twice or more a week.
    I used to take magnesium (CALM) that worked pretty well but I moved for college and left it at home.
    I sometimes take B vitamins but they can give me repetitive unwanted bowel movements.

    What do you guys take? (and yes, I know I shouldn't mask the mental **** that is causing this..... but I would like some relief while I work through this)

  2. Board Sponsor
    uhockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    324

    I know it's anecdotal, but 7-OH products like Lean Xtreme really mellow me out.

    I'd suggest going to see a doctor and getting things worked out correctly, however.

  3. Advanced Member
    Whiskey Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    563
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    389

    Do you mean a psychologist or a DR.
    If you mean psychologist then i know what i need to do to get myself back on track.....i just havent done it yet.
    And no way would i go get anti depressants from a doctor....ever.

    •   
       

  4. SJA
    SJA is offline
    dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,054
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8150

    Phenibut....fish oil. Only use the Phenibut on when you have the panic attacks. You will develop a tolerance quite quickly if taken daily and the downer that you gat when you stop taking it is a doozy. But if you dose it once or twice per week at 500 - 1000mg, you should be fine.

    Some SSRI's work better than others. My GF is currently on Celexa and she is a totally different person (in a good way). More alert, better mood, etc..

  5. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,707
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    950992

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Steve
    Do you mean a psychologist or a DR.
    If you mean psychologist then i know what i need to do to get myself back on track.....i just havent done it yet.
    And no way would i go get anti depressants from a doctor....ever.
    I often experience these same swings. Not fear, but an anxious feeling, followed with depression. I have come to recognize that they often follow an event of great stress or pleasure. New job change, too much work, hyper-focused/obsessive behaviors,thinking (diet/exercise/budget,retirement planning), can cause me a stress trigger big time. The joy of my recent vacation with my children, the potential fulfillment of my dreamed career change all initially cause me pleasure but the return to reality has caused some anxiety. Now I live with the "emptiness" I sometimes feel when I know it will be months before I enjoy time with my kids again. Now I have to plan my work to fulfill my dream. I have come to recognize the symptoms and associate my personal "triggers" that cause them.

    Don't let this run this topic OT, but you know where to place your fears and anxieties. He is well acquainted with us and our condition and infirmities.

    The right SSRI's can be of much help, but of course I would go to a higher place first

  6. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    519

    relora has a slight & what seems to be a harmless effect. helps me sleep a little. bac has bulk powder.

  7. Board Sponsor
    uhockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    324

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Steve
    Do you mean a psychologist or a DR.
    If you mean psychologist then i know what i need to do to get myself back on track.....i just havent done it yet.
    And no way would i go get anti depressants from a doctor....ever.
    I meant a psychiatrist.

    And many antidepressants are excellent drugs with very mild side effect profiles.

  8. New Member
    Pit Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    80
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    151

    ALCAR and SAM-e may help and maybe 5-HTP

  9. Advanced Member
    Whiskey Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    563
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    389

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    I often experience these same swings. Not fear, but an anxious feeling, followed with depression. I have come to recognize that they often follow an event of great stress or pleasure. New job change, too much work, hyper-focused/obsessive behaviors,thinking (diet/exercise/budget,retirement planning), can cause me a stress trigger big time. The joy of my recent vacation with my children, the potential fulfillment of my dreamed career change all initially cause me pleasure but the return to reality has caused some anxiety. Now I live with the "emptiness" I sometimes feel when I know it will be months before I enjoy time with my kids again. Now I have to plan my work to fulfill my dream. I have come to recognize the symptoms and associate my personal "triggers" that cause them.

    Don't let this run this topic OT, but you know where to place your fears and anxieties. He is well acquainted with us and our condition and infirmities.

    The right SSRI's can be of much help, but of course I would go to a higher place first
    You hit it right on the head
    (and dont worry about turning my thread in that direction....im famous here for doing that)
    and thanks....for some weird reason the end of your post hadn't crossed my mind as of recent...thanks for bringing it to my attention again.
    (and to everyone else....im not a dangerous bipolar or anything. Just a young guy figuring it all out)

  10. Advanced Member
    Whiskey Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    563
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    389

    and again....no way will i take an anti depressant.
    If i wanted to rely on a drug to get me in a good mood i might as well take cocain (just my opinion...dont freak out)

  11. Advanced Member
    Whiskey Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    563
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    389

    Quote Originally Posted by uhockey
    And many antidepressants are excellent drugs with very mild side effect profiles.
    It is not something that shows....
    To be honest no matter how bad my life got I cant see myself doing anything out of norm in the publics eye.
    (Im safe, definitely no worries there)
    (though in the past i may not of been too safe with myself )

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. MOOD/SLEEP/ANXIETY/DEPRESSION
    By MyKH3LL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
  2. Natural Anxiety/Depression Supplement
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
  3. Anxiety/depression on Epidrol?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
  4. Supps for the reduction of Anxiety/Depression
    By ugab37 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
  5. Venom- depression/anxiety for ME
    By beeph in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in