Interesting facts about Yohimbine HCl

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.73%

Interesting facts about Yohimbine HCl

According to this article: http://www.shamanictonics.com/info/yohim.html

Yohimbine apparently (in rats anyway) decreased the time between "mountings" and also decreased the time between mounting and ejaculation.

It is also shown to increase amphetamine effect AND toxicity.

It apparently counteracts Nitrous Oxide, reverses the effects of a sedative used in animals, and to top it all off, is an MAOI inhibitor (anti-depressant).

That is of course, according to this article, and applicable to rats (and other animals).

Yohimbine is quite a versatile little substance. This is probably old news to many... but it was news to me, and I found it quite interesting. I never realized that it actually had some human use in erectile dysfunction and was an alpha 2 agonist.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.25%

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/yohimbine/research.html

It also helps mice get over thier fears 4 times faster than normal. I dunno if that works on humans or not but Ill take some and go on a roller coaster and tell you how it goes. Yohimbine is an adrenic alpha 2 antagonist not agonist btw

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/yohim.htm

it also motivates sexually exhuasted rats.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Anyone else get absolutely nothing from Yohimbine HCl?
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    Anyone else get absolutely nothing from Yohimbine HCl?
    Well, almost... it gives me a runny nose. Nothing else, just the sniffles. I guess I have a mild allergic reaction to it.

dd
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.4%

I've tried to OD before on the stuff and it IS NOT COOL. I took too much by accident. It did plenty to me.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.23%

You guys are weird...
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave
    Well, almost... it gives me a runny nose. Nothing else, just the sniffles. I guess I have a mild allergic reaction to it.

dd
    That's why my nose has been running, what the hell!!
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.59%

I get great acne from it.
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.12%

my wife got nothing from it.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.62%

In some cases Y-HCI can produce hallucinations and aphrodisiac sensations at doses starting at 20mg. Y-HCI is approved as "safe" at the dose of 20mg.

Obviously many people react differently.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  11. board observer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%

2.5mg of YHCL seems to do more for me than 25mg of Ephedrine (I don't notice much from ephedrine). I haven't tried higher doses of either though.

Isn't counteracting nitrous oxide a bad thing?

Here's a newb question- What's the benefit of using yohimbine in a transdermal? Is it a more time-released dosage or is there actually site specific fat loss?
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

I thought this was interesting.

People use beta-blockers succesfully to reduce adrenaline/fight or flight response to train themselves to respond less in stress situations, don't know if the opposite method of chemical stimulation for quicker adaptation would work as well.

http://biopsychiatry.com/yohimbine/research.html

"Biology Of Fear: UCLA Study Finds Properties Of Yohimbe Tree Bark Hold Promise For Revolutionizing Treatment Of Anxiety Disorders

New findings at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute demonstrate the potential of a substance found in yohimbe tree bark to accelerate recovery from anxiety disorders suffered by millions of Americans.

In the latest in a series of studies of how mice acquire, express and extinguish conditioned fear, the UCLA team finds yohimbine helps mice learn to overcome the fear faster by enhancing the effects of the natural release of adrenaline. Adrenaline prompts physiological changes such as increased heart and metabolism rates in response to physical and mental stress."

Probably would, there's a psychological technique I was once taught and use succesfully called "Fear it Away". The person that taught it to me said it was a technique of the Japanese Samurai, I don't know about that.

The technique is when one is facing a fearful situation, don't fight the feeling, intensify it, go with it by tensing your body and self talking to yourself in that whiny fearful internal voice about the situation as much as possible.Fear your guts out to the point where the limbic region of your brain will shut down the fear response,you're blowing it off, a form of emotional aikido of going with a feeling and passing it on instead of fighting against it. Flight to Fight, Fear to Power, chemically they're the same thing with a different mental interpretation.

You hypersaturate your nervous system till it shuts off the fear response.

Sounds weird, yeah, and it works, try it. The more you do it the more powerful the technique becomes, conditioned response.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    In some cases Y-HCI can produce hallucinations and aphrodisiac sensations at doses starting at 20mg. Y-HCI is approved as "safe" at the dose of 20mg.

Obviously many people react differently.
    I believe you are referring to Y-HCl (lowercase "L"). It stands for Yohimbine Hydrochloride.

The normal dosing I have read had a max of something like 6-7mg (assuming we're talking about oral administration). Even it it were safe, I wouldn't want to test the waters of 20mg...
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%

I used to love yohimbe in my 20's. It made for great work outs( with norephedrine mix ) and made sex feel better. Then somewhere in my 30's something changed in my body, so now it makes me very anxious and angry. I can't deal with it anymore. I'll always remember the good ole' days
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    I used to love yohimbe in my 20's. It made for great work outs( with norephedrine mix ) and made sex feel better. Then somewhere in my 30's something changed in my body, so now it makes me very anxious and angry. I can't deal with it anymore. I'll always remember the good ole' days
    It's true. You burn out to it over the years. It felt different 6-7 years ago. Now it just feels too dirty with doses over 2.5-5mg.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%

the doseage I can feel this stuff at, I estimate to be between 5 and 10mg. My lot came with a little spoon that is supposed to measure out 30mg. at an estimated 15-30mg, I get cold chills, overall feeling of being hot inside but having cold and clammy skin, and basically just feel coked out, in a really bad way. Even at "normal" doseages (2.5 to 10 mg) I absolutely hate this stuff, and have probably 5 grams left that I have "resampled" afew times over the past year, and I hate this stuff.
    Transdermal application is a different story for me, I dont really get any stimulation at all from using it like that, in fact, never noticed any effects except maybe a little localized water loss.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by stuffperson
    the doseage I can feel this stuff at, I estimate to be between 5 and 10mg. My lot came with a little spoon that is supposed to measure out 30mg. at an estimated 15-30mg, I get cold chills, overall feeling of being hot inside but having cold and clammy skin, and basically just feel coked out, in a really bad way. Even at "normal" doseages (2.5 to 10 mg) I absolutely hate this stuff, and have probably 5 grams left that I have "resampled" afew times over the past year, and I hate this stuff.
    Transdermal application is a different story for me, I dont really get any stimulation at all from using it like that, in fact, never noticed any effects except maybe a little localized water loss.
    It's funny you say that, I have seen in my research that it's a common cut for coke! It's so poorly soluble in just about everything, that a conventional trans formula will be very ineffecient I imagine.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%

I know I stated repetively in my post that I hate yohimbine hcl, that was not a mistake. Additionally, i never experienced any bonuses in the sexual performance category, and as with most stimulants, experienced difficulties.

Similar Forum Threads

1. r-ala and Yohimbine hcl
    By Balsam in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 11:38 AM
  2. interesting thing about hillary clinton....
    By msclbldrguy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 04:42 PM
  3. yohimbine hcl
    By SCORPIO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 03:55 PM
  4. Help me find best yohimbine HCL product?
    By smokinghawk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 06:44 PM
  5. Article-Boiling up the facts about pasta and GI
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 04:45 PM