Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Designer Supplements Melting Point

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be doing a cutter soon and haven't tried any of these new fatty acid fatburning supps so i need some advice.

305Guy

Awards
ECY stack for me.

and i wouldnt even consider sesamin a "fat burner"

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From the feedback, both seem to work really well. The two stacked together has been getting good reviews as well.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I've used Melting point and sesathin by AL, so i could make a decent comparison. Sesa seemed like it worked reasonably well for me after th first week, but after that, it didn't seem to do much at all. MP, for me, is the best thing i've used for fat loss.

DodgelovesCake

Awards
You are a tad biased though Da Vince eh? lol

I have heard good things about Melting Point too but i would only use it if i could find it cheap enough, £37.99 is way too much for 30 days supply IMO.

ECA/Clen is a classic that has been proved effective in thousands of people and won't break the bank.

Thermorexin and green tea extract are also effective.

Yohmbine is best taken transdermally IMO as you can't take high enough doses orally for it to work without feeling terrible.

Forskolin has been getting good reviews as has Yerba mate, i will be incorporating these into my cutting regime soon to see their effects.

At the end of the day, any of these are only going to account for a small amount of your fat loss.

As boring as it sounds, Diet & Cardio are the only things that work 100% for everyone. And up your water intake by 1/2 a glass daily until you can't drink anymore and stay at that max.
You may go to the toilet 10-15 times a day but come weigh in time you will see the benefits of it.

Good luck.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be using Clen and T3 as it is, with Lipo-6 on my off weeks of clen. Just thinking of tossing something else into the mix.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Robboe how potent is Glucophase XR compared to metformin?

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
ECA and clen is a classic stack that has proven to work. I had great success when using this combo(lost up to 20lbs if i recall correctly). I'd go with that combo.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Robboe how potent is Glucophase XR compared to metformin?
They're not really comparable in that one is a product with several components to produce a synergistic effect, and the other is a prescription drug. It will win hands-down, obviously.

Consider comparing the test-boosting effects of rebound to injecting testosterone enanthate. There's just no comparison.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're giving metformin too much credit. There are many negatives to metformin use.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
WOW now i feel like a retard asking that, lol. It's just i've read that metformin is a good partitioning agent but their is more potent drugs, just never heard a good comparison of the drug so i could get an idea of how potent it is. God now i feel like a newb, lol.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a good partioning agent but has its drawbacks when it comes to bb'ing.

Effects of short term metformin administration on androgens in normal men.

Shegem NS, Nasir AM, Jbour AK, Batieha AM, El-Khateeb MS, Ajlouni KM.

National Center for Diabetes Endocrinology and Genetics, Jordan University Hospital, Amman, Jordan.

OBJECTIVE: To study the effect of metformin on androgens in normal men. METHODS: A total of 12 healthy males volunteered to participate in the study. A blood sample was obtained from each of them and analyzed for the following: Testosterone (total and free), sex hormone binding globulin dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate, 17-hydroxyprogesterone, luteinizing hormone, and follicle stimulating hormone. In addition, each participant was subjected to a glucose tolerance test and his insulin level was measured. Metformin 850 mg twice daily for 2-weeks was given to each subject after which the above tests were repeated. A paired t-test was used to assess the statistical significance of any observed differences before and after metformin. RESULTS: After metformin administration, there was a significant reduction in serum level of total testosterone (p=0.0001), free testosterone (P=0.002), and 17 hydroxyprogesterone (p=0.0001). There was also a significant increase in serum level of sex hormone binding globulin (p=0.009) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (P=0.0008). Serum levels of luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone showed no significant changes. Similarly, there were no changes in fasting plasma glucose, fasting serum insulin, weight, or blood pressure. CONCLUSION: Metformin administration was associated with a reduction in total testosterone, free testosterone, and 17-hydroxyprogesterone and an increase in sex hormone binding globulin and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate in normal males. The clinical significance of these findings needs further investigation.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not in normal men but I remember several studies showing the same trend.

Metformin has drawbacks for bodybuilders but that means very little to diabetics.

So when it comes down to what to use for a supplement I would actually choose Glucophase over Metformin.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sprint intervals=most potent fat burner

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
EPOC

Word?

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Yerba Mate?

...has been getting good reviews as has Yerba mate, i will be incorporating these into my cutting regime soon to see their effects.
I'm interested in it as a pre-workout energy booster, but I guess some claim it helps during a cut. (I did a search and found very little.)

Also, how does it affect blood pressure? I've seen websites claiming it lowers BP as a vasodilator and others claiming it raises BP.

Thanks.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like both but don't really see them as competing products. I like MP for short term use and sesathin as a staple for both weight maintence and overall health reasons

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I like both but don't really see them as competing products. I like MP for short term use
Since you like MP, can I ask how much you used, for how long, and how many times per day? Some guys are saying they didn't notice an effect. Thanks!

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
I dosed with morning and evening meals. First week I did 4 pills at each dose then after severe cramping set in I lowered it to 3 per dose at Robboe's suggestion. I was on a very strict diet ( by strict I mean I adhered to it) that should have had me losing 1.5 lbs/week I was losing more along the lines of 3lbs/week over a months run. Taking no other supps (out side of standard crap ie whey, multi, yada yada).

Interestingly, I retained no water on MP.

Phosphate bond

Awards
So when it comes down to what to use for a supplement I would actually choose Glucophase over Metformin.
It's hard to fault the benefits of K-R-ALA from a biochemical standpoint. It's solid stuff.

uhockey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like both but don't really see them as competing products. I like MP for short term use and sesathin as a staple for both weight maintence and overall health reasons
Agreed on both comments.

Sesamin is taken daily and is an IDEAL anti-fat-gain while bulking supplement.

Melting Point is certainly a better "Fat burner" but I'll not be using it daily, only when cutting.

Also, WRT bobo's comments about GXR vs. Metformin......agreed 100%.

brettly

Awards
ECA and clen is a classic stack that has proven to work. I had great success when using this combo(lost up to 20lbs if i recall correctly). I'd go with that combo.
Simultaneously?? If so, thats risky/stupid. Use the EC when you're cycling off clen, not at the same time, or else you're just asking for a heart attack.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Simultaneously?? If so, thats risky/stupid. Use the EC when you're cycling off clen, not at the same time, or else you're just asking for a heart attack.

Lol that is what is what the post meant. Cycle clen then cycle eca. I should've made it clearer, but no one in there right mind would cycle clen/eca at the same time.:wtf: