Retain Pre-workout

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
we know retain and LX are supposed to act as cortisol control. would it be beneficial to take 2 caps of retain on a bulk pre workout to keep cortisol down during training?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we know retain and LX are supposed to act as cortisol control. would it be beneficial to take 2 caps of retain on a bulk pre workout to keep cortisol down during training?
Depends how many are you taking a day? If you are taking 4 id say yea, if ur taking 3 id say take one in the AM one before training and one before bed.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
you need cortisol during training and right after its the rest of the days you dont need it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you need cortisol during training and right after its the rest of the days you dont need it.
Why would you need cortisol during training? Maybe to eat ur muscle up and say bye bye to it or something. Please explain more incase im totaly off but i want NO cortisol during my training , before, or after, or ever. Unless my joints start to hurt!

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why would you need cortisol during training? Maybe to eat ur muscle up and say bye bye to it or something. Please explain more incase im totaly off but i want NO cortisol during my training , before, or after, or ever. Unless my joints start to hurt!
Interesting read!

:thumbsup:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Hey Pete,
Those articles were good reads. I didn't however gain the info of when to administer cortisol blocking chems. We need some cortisol, but how much pre and post work out is favorable?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I read that reducing cortisol after a workout increases testosterone. I also read that cortisol eats away at muscle after a workout.