5-Loxin

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking at some of BAC's new stuff and came across this: http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACenturyInc./New_Products.html#8275
That's a 200 day supply for $14!

Further inquiry has shown that it has been tested numerous times and has been found to be an effective treatment for everything from asthma to seasonal allergies (IAR - Intermittent Allergic Rhinitis) to osteoarthritis. Its strength lies in its ability to inhibit the 5-LOX enzyme so leukotrienes can't do their thing.
Check it out: http://www.herbmed.org/Herbs/Herb94.htm

I believe you've tried it, Bioman, have you not?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
A little more info.

MORRISTOWN, N.J. -- PL Thomas (PLT), in alliance with Laila Nutraceuticals (Laila Group), India, today jointly announced the results of a new study using their exclusive dietary supplement ingredient, 5-LOXIN(R). The study identifies the anti-inflammatory and collagen sparing mechanisms associated with this novel and patent-pending dietary supplement, 3-acetyl-11-keto-beta boswellic acid (AKBA). Published in the April 2005 issue of DNA and Cell Biology, the study looked at the human genome and inflammatory pathways, and compared 5-LOXIN(R) to ibuprofen in an animal model.

Researchers at Ohio State University, Georgetown University, Laila Impex Research Center, India, and Creighton University conducted the first whole genome screen for TNFa-inducible genes in human microvascular endothelial cells (HMEC). HMEC were exposed to TNFa, one of the most widely recognized mediators of inflammation. Of the more than 47,000 transcripts screened, including the entire human genome, 522 were identified as TNFa-sensitive genes. Of the 522 genes, 113 were protected by 5-LOXIN(R). These genes were identified as being involved in inflammation, cell adhesion and protein degradation.

The genes identified in the study were further processed to identify signaling pathways. 5-LOXIN(R) was shown to inhibit the expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), enzymes that selectively destroy peptide bonds and structural proteins such as collagen and cartilage.

Most strikingly, however, the induced expression of VCAM and ICAM (adhesion molecules which are involved in recruiting the white blood cells to the area of inflammation and the associated swelling and pain), was significantly inhibited by 5-LOXIN(R).

The findings led the researchers to test the efficacy of 5-LOXIN(R) in vivo. Using a recognized model of inflammation, carrageenan-induced rodent paw swelling, and the proven anti-inflammatory agent ibuprofen as a control, the researchers concluded that 5-LOXIN(R) was shown to effectively diminish inflammation.

According to the authors, "These findings warrant further research aimed at identifying the signaling mechanisms by which Boswellia extract exerts its anti-inflammatory effects."

For more information on this study please contact PL Thomas: phone: 973-984-0900, fax: 973-984-5666, e-mail: [email protected] or www.PLThomas.com.

About Laila Nutraceuticals (LN)

LN is a division of Laila Group, the largest producer of herbal extracts in India. LN works with Laila Impex Research Center to develop, manufacture and commercialize standardized herbal extracts and phytochemicals worldwide, and supports this work with patents and publications.

About PLT

PL Thomas & Co., a New Jersey-based ingredient supplier, offers 50 years of innovation in securing reliable, high-quality raw materials for the food/functional food and nutrition industries. PLT successfully champions nutritional products and technologies "Where Food & Health Meets."

COPYRIGHT 2005 Business Wire
COPYRIGHT 2005 Gale Group

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
its a nice little chemical with two main issues, not reaseched enough and too many actions, or as they say not very delicate. I don't trust these things

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Boswellia has been tested a good bit, at least enough to merit its use. You're right, who knows exactly what all it does, but the same can be said for most anything. It's certainly safer than many NSAIDs.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Boswellia has been tested a good bit, at least enough to merit its use. You're right, who knows exactly what all it does, but the same can be said for most anything. It's certainly safer than many NSAIDs.
A) I do not take NSAIDs on a regular basis.
B) In doses and concetrations required, it has not been tested enough to my satissfaction. if you have data I am unware of, please PM me.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I mixed it into an anti-inflammatory mix with several other extracts so it was not present in any large amount or by itself. I can't really say if I noticed much of anything, however I don't have too much inflammation going on these days.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
its a nice little chemical with two main issues, not reaseched enough and too many actions, or as they say not very delicate. I don't trust these things
just for asking, why don't you trust "these things"? (and which things, exactly?)

Not challenging, just curious.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm talking about chmicals that have an abundance of effects or effect an enzyme that has many funcitons in the body. its too crude, can interact with other supps or have an unwanted effect. I rather work with a scalpel than a hammer when it comes to my body.
hope this clears it up.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
well if it realy inhibits leukotrienes , then it could mask an injury, or weaken someone immune system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 1