Bulk Powders and Teeth

freEQnasty

Awards
I've search around a bit and couldn't find an answer. I go for the bulk powders mostly when buying my supps and was wondering if continuous use of these powders could damage tooth enamel or cause any harm. I usually mix up whatever Im takin in about 8oz of water and chug it. Nasty but whats gotta be done, has got to be done. Of course if you dont keep your mouth clean who knows what could happen, but Im just wondering if any of these powders could cause accelerated decaying or weak teeth. Usual powders I take in this fashion are CEE, Taurine, HMB, AAKG, milk thistle, NAC, and GABA. Any idea guys? Thanks

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What do you mean "I know?" Is this your experience or did someone actually study this? Thanks.

I've heard it's very acidic, but no worse than coca-cola.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
all acetylated compounds, I believe should be dilluted realy well

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
b/c it is very acidic. I notice everytime i chug down cee w/ water my teeth feel very funny, like they are being scratched. It goes away quickly if you brush your teeth afterwards though.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I doubt, just personal opinion, there's much risk of increased tooth or gum harm, most people wash the powder down immediately with a liquid, and any residual coating on the teeth should be minimal and no worse than food and drink.

I would say, from experience, that bulk powders can cling to the rear of your tongue. Brush or scrape you tongue regularly to prevent that pond scum from accumulating.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have burned my esophagus seriously form repeated use of CEE, ALCAR, and vinager. It took a long time to heal.

freEQnasty

Awards
Ok thanks guys. Yea the aftertaste on the tongue is pretty nasty sometime. Listerine it is.....