What compunds have anti-cancer/tumor shrinking properties?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.25%

Quote Originally Posted by FENRIR
    what is that exactly?
    ASTAXANTHIN, a powerful antioxidant carotenoid obtained from microalgae, is found widely in nature including shellfish and salmon. It has no vitamin A value, but protects against lipid peroxidation that causes plaque formation up to 500 times that of vitamin E, traps more types of free radicals than any other antioxidant, is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, protects skin & eyes by quenching singlet and triplet oxygen, boosts the immune system, alleviates oxidative stress, prevents initiation of certain cancer cells, reduces abnormal cells in the liver, and increases muscular endurance 2.8 times compared with placebo in one human study.

It's actually in one of the Get Diesel products, Ready-4-War I think..

Seems sort of like an under the radar supp that could be beneficial.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.37%

cool bro sounds good..I am going to look into it...
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.73%

Cats Claw has been shown to have some affectiveness in helping as well as flax and licoricce.

These may help anything that helps is good!!
    Whale
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.43%

throat cancer - NAC.

punch throat cancer NAC in pubmed and get a ton of research

hope this helps.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.43%

Nucleic Acids Res. 2005 Sep 26;33(17):5521-32. Print 2005.Related Articles, Links
    Regulation of multiple insulin-like growth factor binding protein genes by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3.

Matilainen M, Malinen M, Saavalainen K, Carlberg C.

Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, P.O. box 1627, IN-70211 Kuopio, Finland.

Recently, insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBPs) have been found to be primary mediators of the anti-proliferative actions of the nuclear hormone 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1alpha,25(OH)2D3], but dependent on cellular context IGFBPs can also have a mitogenic effect. In this study, we performed expression profiling of all six human IGFBP genes in prostate and bone cancer cells and demonstrated that IGFBP1, 3 and 5 are primary 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 target genes. In silico screening of the 174 kb of genomic sequence surrounding all six IGFBP genes identified 15 candidate vitamin D response elements (VDREs) close to or in IGFBP1, 2, 3 and 5 but not in the IGFBP4 and 6 genes. The putative VDREs were evaluated in vitro by gelshift assays and in living cells by reporter gene and chromatin immuno-precipitation (ChIP) assays. Of these 10 VDREs appear to be functional. ChIP assays demonstrated for each of these an individual, stimulation time-dependent association profile not only with the vitamin D receptor, but also with first heterodimeric partner the retinoid X receptor, other regulatory complex components and phosphorylated RNA polymerase II. Some of the VDREs are located distantly from the transcription start sites of IGFBP1, 3 and 5, but all 10 VDREs seem to contribute to the regulation of the genes by 1alpha,25(OH)2D3. In conclusion, IGFBP1, 3 and 5 are primary 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 target genes that in intact cells are each under the control of multiple VDREs.

PMID: 16186133
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.37%

thanks for the info judge! I'll pubmed it...
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.43%

Quote Originally Posted by FENRIR
    thanks for the info judge! I'll pubmed it...
    sorry for not being clear in the secoond post with the absract.

it basically says vitamin D shows to have effect a strong effect on tumors by diminsing growth factors necessary for their growth.

looks promising.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.83%

try ginseng too! I had a benign but aggressive Giaant Cell Tumour (a bone tunour) growing in my distal ulna. When I took ginseng ( a mix of siberian, korean, and american ginseng blend), I could feel my tumor becoming cooler. It felt like the blood supply to the tumor was greatly reduced, and my tumor slowly shrank in size. Nevertheless, I had the tumor excised on the advice of my doc. I 'll continue taking ginseng to prevent it from growing back.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.37%

Quote Originally Posted by 00126645
    try ginseng too! I had a benign but aggressive Giaant Cell Tumour (a bone tunour) growing in my distal ulna. When I took ginseng ( a mix of siberian, korean, and american ginseng blend), I could feel my tumor becoming cooler. It felt like the blood supply to the tumor was greatly reduced, and my tumor slowly shrank in size. Nevertheless, I had the tumor excised on the advice of my doc. I 'll continue taking ginseng to prevent it from growing back.
    hey man that's awesome bro! Did you use a regular dose or a more aggressive one?

Thanks bro!

Thanks to all of you for the info!
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

http://www.mayoclinic.com

The Mayo Clinic maintains an online database where they grade alternative medicines based upon actual studies of them.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 02:10 AM
  2. Somatorm GH, What results have you seen?
    By cshort01 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
  3. IRONY- Vitamin D has Anti-Cancer properties
    By LakeMountD in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 01:49 AM
  4. What Concerts Have You Been To
    By supersoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 07:34 PM
  5. Be thankful for what you have...