CreEthylThunder vs straight CEE?

1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

CreEthylThunder vs straight CEE?

The first time I tried a CEE product was Custom's CreEthylThunder. I really liked it - was wondering if the extra ingredients added to the effects. Has anyone tried both CreEthylThunder and straight CEE? How would you compare the two?

BV

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63%

My personal experience:
    I am an absolute NON-responder to creatine mono. I have used a lot of thunder and get great results. I tried to cheap out and use straight CEE and again got nothing. I am apparently a NON-responder to plain CEE also. I have ordered and stored away some GMS (glycerol monosterate) which I think is the ingredient in Thunder that makes the CEE work for me. I just haven't used the CEE/GMS bulk powders together yet.
    So if you're a non-responder to mono, you may be a non-responder to straight CEE. If that's the case, the GMS is the difference maker. Or for convenience you can go with CreEthyl Extreme which is capped CEE/GMS. The stimulants in the extreme didn't do anything for me anyway.

dd
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.33%

Tried both and as I honestly could not accurately tell you which was better for strength, overall performance/energy/pumps were way up when I used CET. I ended up really liking the stuff.

Straight CEE is good too and I know a lot of people are mixed about this (some like it, other hate it) but I was a fan. Much more so than regular creatine.

The extra ingredients make a huge difference overall IMO. At first they made my stomach feel sick, but after a few days, it all worked out. And yeah, bulk is cheap, but CET is like 25$ for a month supply, not bad for a premade creatine super-pill.

O14
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%

Cool, thanks for the responses guys. Creatine Monohydrate always worked well for me, but I found CET to have much better, fuller pumps and very little in the way of water retention. After trying it, I wont be going back to CM. Maybe Ill try CreEthylExtreme to see if I recieve the same results - then cap up some bulk CEE/GMS if that's the case.

BV
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63%

If you responded well to mono, you may get great results from CEE plain. But, GMS is really cheap, so maybe just to ensure the absorbtion it would be a good insurance policy.

dd
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

I've tried both. Here are my thoughts:

CET:
    -I noticed the full effects VERY quickly (~2 or 3 days) of starting the pills. -Strength gains we relatively consistent from that point forward.
    -However, I had trouble getting quality sleep while taking the full dosage (ie, 8 pills).
    -I noticed no difference when decreasing my dosage down to 6 pills. (I'm only ~165 lbs, so maybe that's why.) Unfortunately, I still couldn't sleep well.
    -I noticed a loss in strength/endurance if I decreased my dosage to anything less than 6 pills.

CEE:
    -I started off by taking 2g pre-workout, and 2g PWO.
    -I did not really notice any improvements to my workouts until almost a week after starting the powder. Also, these "improvements" weren't all that subtsantial. Needless to say, I started to get little disappointed and pessimistic.
    -Over time (~3 or 4 weeks), I decided to up my dosage for kicks.
    -These days, I'm now taking ~3g pre-workout, and 2g PWO. Since upping the dosage, my strength gains have been HUGE!
    -I'm currently the strongest I've been in my entire life.
    -CEE doesn't seem to affect the quality of my sleep.

Other notes:
    -I used to take creatine-mono many years ago, and it also worked very well for me, at first. However, it didn't seem to be effective after my 3rd or 4th "cycle" of it. (In other words, I didn't notice any strength gains.) So, I stopped using it.
    -I first tried CET ~5 months ago, then stopped after ~6 or 7 weeks (because of sleep issues).
    -I first tried CEE ~3 months ago. As of today, I haven't taken a break from it except for 1 week when I was out of town on vacation.

Summary:
    I prefer CEE, hands down. Although BOTH versions are the most effective supplements I've EVER taken, I prefer CEE because it's cheaper, and it doesn't screw with my sleep.
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%

Cool, thanks for the review BadMoFaux! Im betting you saw better gains of the straight CEE because you were nearly doubling the dose of what's in 8 caps of CET. Interesting!

BV
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    ...you were nearly doubling the dose of what's in 8 caps of CET....
    Holy crap--I didn't realize that! Man, I have to be careful--thanks for pointing this out. Supposedly, once you reach your saturation point, it does no good to ingest any extra creatine. (You just excrete out the excess.)

Apparently, 4g/day isn't enough to get me to my saturation point. At 5g/day, I hope my internals/health will be okay for the long-term because that's definitely more important to me than these strength gains. (A while back, I posted a question on one of the boards asking if people knew any health hazards associated with excess CEE intake, but I don't remember getting very many responses.)

P.S. FYI, I take my pre-workout CEE with crystal light, or directly with my whey shake. For me, it goes down easily with chocolate or strawberry. However, I have a hard time putting it down with vanilla. (I'll look into GMS shortly--I haven't heard of this.)

Good luck!
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%

Apparently, 4g/day isn't enough to get me to my saturation point. At 5g/day, I hope my internals/health will be okay for the long-term because that's definitely more important to me than these strength gains. (A while back, I posted a question on one of the boards asking if people knew any health hazards associated with excess CEE intake, but I don't remember getting very many responses.)
    Probably because it's a releatively new supplement. As a general rule, I dont really use any form of creatine for more than 4 weeks or so. Monohydrate always seemed to 'stop working' for me after 3-4 weeks. The CreEthylThunder is still going strong, and at the beginning of next year Ill probably run an 8-week cycle of it. (After 4 weeks off)

I dont think CEE is a supp that you'd want to be on all the time - Im sure your kidneys are working harder, if only a little bit. Over time though...

P.S. FYI, I take my pre-workout CEE with crystal light, or directly with my whey shake. For me, it goes down easily with chocolate or strawberry. However, I have a hard time putting it down with vanilla. (I'll look into GMS shortly--I haven't heard of this.)
    Thanks for the tips on flavoring!! Ive heard straight CEE is some nasty stuff

BV
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63%

It all makes sense. It's the GMS in CET that makes the lower dose SO effective.

dd
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%

i got great results from cet, but i got tired of riding the porcellin after dinner every night, plus when i was done i got a pretty big decrease in strength.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.13%

I've tried Omega's CEE and liked it. Just got XCEED and absolutely love it. Best CEE product yet and you don't have to take it on an empty stomach!
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%

Hmmm...what the differences that you noticed between Xceed and CET?

BV
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.13%

they both give you great pumps, but i felt more energy with xceed. also i am looking more vascualr than ever. and i believe xceed has twice the cee of cet per serving.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doodle
    they both give you great pumps, but i felt more energy with xceed. also i am looking more vascualr than ever. and i believe xceed has twice the cee of cet per serving.
    That's because it doesn't contain GMS.... http://customnutritionwarehouse.com/...roducts_id=196

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ez-bar vs. Straight bar?
    By Bigjoe214 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
  2. havoc/tren pulse vs straight thru cycle help??
    By W8TS4ME in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 04:02 AM
  3. Deadlift: Hex Bar Vs. Straight Bar
    By Esox Express in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 08:33 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 12:16 PM
  5. M1T...2wks on/2wks off vs. 4 weeks straight
    By pharaohf4 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11