Halodrol-50 'Exposed' by Washington Post

  1. Board Supporter
    tremelo24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    93.93%

    Halodrol-50 'Exposed' by Washington Post


    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...nav=rss_sports

    I'm not going to offer any commentary here besides the fact that I will be eye-balling 'net retailers looking for cheap prices on the stuff when they decide to dump it.

  2. Board Sponsor
    custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,971
    Rep Power
    13236
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    maybe not cheaper, but free pct is nice too.
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Please keep any commentary on this subject clean and respectful.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    jcam222's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    52
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    450
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    56.35%

    In passing she says "anabolic steroids, which help build muscle and speed recovery from strenuous exercise but also can cause serious health problems when used in excess.

    Many things are harmful when used in excess AND they have little positive benefits yet they are legal. (alcohol and tobacco come to mind right away). I guess that large sum of tax money helps make it all better.

    Its interesting to note the analysis shows DMT in additon to the listed ingredient. Isnt DMT the same as Ergomax LMG and basically Pplex as well?
  5. Board Supporter
    tremelo24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    93.93%

    I agree Jcam... the purpose of the entire article (IMO) was to demonize the sports supplement industry as a whole.
  6. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    360
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.69%

    hmm.... I heard that the persistancy of Amy Shipley is due to the passing of her husband of whom improperly used these "supplements," being that he was Hypertensive... If this it true I am pissed she is taking it out on these companies, of which none had the slightest bit of control over user abuse beyond warning labels..
  7. New Member
    Triple Cs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

    They messed up by saying late in the article that Halodrol-50 contains DMT along with the oral turinabol derivative

    "
    Athletes taking Halodrol-50 would flunk standard sport drug tests, however, because DMT -- which Catlin identified more than a year ago -- is now detectable. DMT was one of three steroids found associated with BALCO."
  8. Board Sponsor
    custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,971
    Rep Power
    13236
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy939
    hmm.... I heard that the persistancy of Amy Shipley is due to the passing of her husband of whom improperly used these "supplements," being that he was Hypertensive... If this it true I am pissed she is taking it out on these companies, of which none had the slightest bit of control over user abuse beyond warning labels..
    can this be verified?
  9. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2153
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    64.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Marathon runners occassionally die from using a certain substance in excess--water. It is called hyponatremia [sp?].

    Though no emphasis was put on it, at least it does mention health consequences if used "in excess".
  10. Registered User
    michaelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    188
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    49.59%

    There was a thread somewhere that was started by a guy's wife. The dude died last spring: apparently heart issues, and he was hypertensive. Anyhow, she had been corresponding with Amy S.

    I think that is where this comes from. Don't know anything about Amy S's husband.

    The guy who died posted here. His screen name was The Reporter.
  11. New Member
    stinkfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    84.23%

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelton
    There was a thread somewhere that was started by a guy's wife. The dude died last spring: apparently heart issues, and he was hypertensive. Anyhow, she had been corresponding with Amy S.

    I think that is where this comes from. Don't know anything about Amy S's husband.

    The guy who died posted here. His screen name was The Reporter.
    Hmm...I remember seeing that screen name on the bulknutrition forums. Interesting article...at least everyone knows for sure what's in it now.
  12. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1407
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    was there ever conclusive reporting on what The Reporter died of? His wife made a plea to the board(s) for people to be careful, but as far as I can recall, there was no particular product or products related to his death. Seems like he had some medical issues...
  13. New Member
    ross21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

    i was thinking about taking halodrol-50, but i wanted to ask u two thing first. What have u heard about it showing up on a drug test and how long it would stay in ur system if it would. what are the normal side effects and what kind of liver damage have u heard that comes from it. thanks ross

    this is for all of u guys, iwould appreciate all of your knowledge.
  14. New Member
    QUICKRYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    15.23%

    Well Part B of the article is very informative and I learned something new today about how a chemist turns a steroid into a designer steroid.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101800648.html
  15. New Member
    Dungeon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    198
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.23%

    I remember when the Reporter died, and I remember his wife being on the boards. What I remember more though is that the last log he did was of Sdrol and he did a 6 week cycle (I am pretty sure it was 6), going as high as 50mgs/ed, and I also remember him stating in the log that he did NOT take his BP meds on cycle, but that he did take herbal BP ancillaries. This was before the HDL/LDL issues of SD were so well documented. I know he had taken many other AAS/PH's before this and thoroughly enjoyed the SD. I think that it is possible that these two things are related.

    I wonder if someone were to wage war on the 1st amendment and make it impossible for Ms. Shipely to pursue her usually activities in the way she had become accustomed, would she so aggressively attack the lifestyle of an unthreatening group of her fellow civilians? After all, what is your beef Ms. Shipely? Am I hurting you by making well thought out, organized, and personal adult decisions? Because your decisions are begining to impinge upon my way of life.
  16. New Member
    gten79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    28.15%

    All I know is I'm getting my HD-50 before its too late. This stuff sounds like the balls.
  17. Board Supporter
    tremelo24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    93.93%

    Dungeon... the first part of your post is accurate (IMO) and I feel the *exact* same way.
  18. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon1
    After all, what is your beef Ms. Shipely?
    No problem, it's just an easy target which no one is really going to confront her on. In the end she's really not doing anything except reporting facts along with some exagerated descriptions that other people, ourselves included, have passionate reactions too. And since no one is really going to openly confront her she gets to get away with hyberbole like claiming the dietery supplement industry is a "clearing house" for anabolic steroids.

    She gets to see herself as a hardnosed ivestigative journalist uncovering The Truth about supplements and steroids, when all she's doing is writing borderline yellow journalism pieces for people who don't know any better. You really think the general public knows the difference between an n=30 study and a case study, or gives a ****?

    You can tell these muppets by the way they report. They'll say an issue is important or critical or some other nonsense, but when you look at their work it never addresses the most critical points of the issue they're reporting on. She either doesn't give a damn about debating whether or not steroids truly are harmful when used properly, and even if so whether or not people should be free to chose for themselves what goes in their body, or she's simply unaware such a debate even exists or is possible.

    Either way she doesn't matter. What matters is what the public she is writing for and the politicians who make the laws that destroy thousands of lives each year are thinking and doing. Take comfort in her insignificance. Take more comfort in imagining what it would be like to get her, Doctor Wadler and a few of those nimrod politicians in a room with a few hundred juicers who did time because of insane laws, and imagine what their faces would look like when instead of flying into a roid rage they were asked calmly and reasonably why they wanted to destroy the lives of people who they've never met, people who have not harmed others.
  19. New Member
    VES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    203
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    36.38%

    Well, that's it. I guess they'll have to ban spraypaint now, since, from what I hear, for 2 bucks and a paper bag anyone can catch a pretty healthy high. Scotchguard too...the list is very, very long. And so cheap a quick mowing of the neighbor's lawn will allow Jr. to waltz down to Wally world and lay his money down. Among hundreds of other "legal" but "useful" consumer products. This all reeks of a witch-hunt, among other things. Someone should start a Blog somewhere, directing negative publicity in a positive way. Forbes had a great article on its effectiveness last month.
  20. Advanced Member
    Siznoyton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    449
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.85%

    Believe it or not, spray paint is banned in the city of Chicago--meaning you can't buy/sell it at any of the hardware and home supply stores! You can own it, though.
  21. New Member
    VES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    203
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    36.38%

    Holy ****! That's just great. It's good to know that the radicals are doing well in the windy city.

    Take a look at this list for the next items to be banned- or at least villified by the washington post:

    Commonly Abused Commercial Products

    Adhesives:
    Model airplane glue, rubber cement, household glue.

    Aerosols:
    Spray paint, hair spray, air freshener, deodorant, fabric protector.

    Anesthetics:
    Nitrous oxide, ether, chloroform.

    Cleaning agents:
    Dry cleaning fluid, spot remover, degreaser.

    Food products:
    Vegetable cooking spray, "whippets" (nitrous oxide).

    Gases:
    Nitrous oxide, butane, propane, helium.

    Solvents and gases:
    Nail polish remover, paint thinner, typing correction fluid and thinner, toxic markers, pure toluene, toluol, cigar lighter fluid, gasoline.

    Source: National Inhalant Prevention Coalition.

    Pretty extensive list of things that youngsters could use to bring harm on themselves, huh? It's like I've always said, they can outlaw anything that ppl want, but there's always an alternative. After all, we're not sheep. I think the gasoline will probably be available for a while though, unless Gaspari comes out with a derivative...
  22. Advanced Member
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    84.52%

    Amy Shipley is a liberal.

    She works for a liberal newspaper, the Washington Post.

    She doesn’t care about the truth, because like most liberals, the end justifies the means. She will not engage in a fair and honest open discussion, because that is not her style. This is why she did not respond when Author had his open letter.

    From what I’ve read of her articles, she’s really big on preventing “cheating” in Olympic events.
    She is going to use her political agenda, and position in the Washington Post, to ensure that legislation is passed in the United States, to ultimately stop all research in increasing human performance.

    Let’s face it… To Amy, any advance in technology, be it mechanical, chemical, or electrical, is cheating.

    Amy Shipley will cause more problems than she solves, because she is so short sited. What’s Amy going to do, when the scientists ditch chemical doping, and move on to gene doping?

    Rather than stop all innovation, I propose that all forms of technological innovation are permitted. Yes, sometimes things will go wrong, people will get hurt, but eventually, the majority will benefit from this technology.

    -Tinytoad
  23. New Member
    Jack of Shadows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    197
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    12.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    Amy Shipley is a liberal.

    She works for a liberal newspaper, the Washington Post.

    She doesn’t care about the truth, because like most liberals, the end justifies the means. She will not engage in a fair and honest open discussion, because that is not her style. This is why she did not respond when Author had his open letter.

    From what I’ve read of her articles, she’s really big on preventing “cheating” in Olympic events.
    She is going to use her political agenda, and position in the Washington Post, to ensure that legislation is passed in the United States, to ultimately stop all research in increasing human performance.
    BULL**** This is not a liberal conspiracy. She did not make a SOTU speech in which she vowed to get those "steeroids" and stop cheating in major league baseball.

    There are *******s on both sides of that equation. Don't confuse the issue...ignorance is the issue and it is a non-partisan affliction.
  24. Advanced Member
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    84.52%

    J of S,

    I'm not talking about Democrats and Republicans.

    Libertarians feel that any attempt to solve social problems must depend on private, voluntary efforts, and that modifying social factors will inevitably lead to worse problems.

    Liberals feel that the problems are too serious to be passively left to chance in this way, and that government should have a role in influencing the social framework within which people act.

    -Tinytoad
  25. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VES
    Take a look at this list for the next items to be banned- or at least villified by the washington post:

    Commonly Abused Commercial Products

    [ laundry list of "guilty substances" deleted ]

    Pretty extensive list of things that youngsters could use to bring harm on themselves, huh? It's like I've always said, they can outlaw anything that ppl want, but there's always an alternative. After all, we're not sheep. I think the gasoline will probably be available for a while though, unless Gaspari comes out with a derivative...
    I notice that after-shave & Sterno are not on the list; heartwarming that they should be looking out for the winos, who otherwise would have nothing to drink on Sunday.
  26. Registered User
    massmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    351
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%

    I vaguly remember the reporter on the BN board in late '04 or early '05 going on about 2 weeks of M1T and he was suffering poor liver function and renal failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelton
    There was a thread somewhere that was started by a guy's wife. The dude died last spring: apparently heart issues, and he was hypertensive. Anyhow, she had been corresponding with Amy S.

    I think that is where this comes from. Don't know anything about Amy S's husband.

    The guy who died posted here. His screen name was The Reporter.
  27. Board Supporter
    The Experiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    267
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    67.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    Amy Shipley is a liberal.

    She works for a liberal newspaper, the Washington Post.

    She doesn’t care about the truth, because like most liberals, the end justifies the means. She will not engage in a fair and honest open discussion, because that is not her style. This is why she did not respond when Author had his open letter.

    From what I’ve read of her articles, she’s really big on preventing “cheating” in Olympic events.
    She is going to use her political agenda, and position in the Washington Post, to ensure that legislation is passed in the United States, to ultimately stop all research in increasing human performance.

    Let’s face it… To Amy, any advance in technology, be it mechanical, chemical, or electrical, is cheating.

    Amy Shipley will cause more problems than she solves, because she is so short sited. What’s Amy going to do, when the scientists ditch chemical doping, and move on to gene doping?

    Rather than stop all innovation, I propose that all forms of technological innovation are permitted. Yes, sometimes things will go wrong, people will get hurt, but eventually, the majority will benefit from this technology.

    -Tinytoad


    What the hell. Get out of your Montana cabin. This has nothing to do with liberalism.

    Libertarianism is not the answer either. The problem here is that the government likes to focus on these little measures because its something quick and simple for them to get involved in to boost their ratings. They don't like to mess with the true inner workings of the system because it benefits them. Halodrol-50 barely impacts their voters and is almost a win-win. So they act on it.

    Simple as that.
  28. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Experiment


    What the hell. Get out of your Montana cabin. This has nothing to do with liberalism.

    Libertarianism is not the answer either. The problem here is that the government likes to focus on these little measures because its something quick and simple for them to get involved in to boost their ratings. They don't like to mess with the true inner workings of the system because it benefits them. Halodrol-50 barely impacts their voters and is almost a win-win. So they act on it.

    Simple as that.
    True that! The suspension of the distribution of Haladrol-50 and its like compounds is a slam dunk for goverment pundits. When you tie in the "..helping athletes cheat drug tests" factor with the relatively small amount of androgen coumpound users that actually vote,you get an uncontested, NBA "all-star" defensed, half-time show slamdunk! You can't expect to run a buisness that skirts the law, when the enforcement of that law can empower so many people.
  29. Advanced Member
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    84.52%

    The Experiment:

    You didn't finish your thought. You say that liberterianism is not the answer, but you forgot to say why.

    I'd really like to hear your solution.

    Also, what would your idol, Che Guevara, recommend? Was he communist, or just socialist?

    -Tinytoad



    Quote Originally Posted by The Experiment


    What the hell. Get out of your Montana cabin. This has nothing to do with liberalism.

    Libertarianism is not the answer either. The problem here is that the government likes to focus on these little measures because its something quick and simple for them to get involved in to boost their ratings. They don't like to mess with the true inner workings of the system because it benefits them. Halodrol-50 barely impacts their voters and is almost a win-win. So they act on it.

    Simple as that.
  30. New Member
    Vtaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    194
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    The Experiment:

    You didn't finish your thought. You say that liberterianism is not the answer, but you forgot to say why.

    I'd really like to hear your solution.

    Also, what would your idol, Che Guevara, recommend? Was he communist, or just socialist?

    -Tinytoad
    Thanks tinytoad, I couldnt remember that guys name(castro's buddy) and it was bugging the hell out of me. And I'm sure he would be in favor of government dispersed halodrol-50, it would allow the people to work more hours on even less food.
  31. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Experiment


    What the hell. Get out of your Montana cabin. This has nothing to do with liberalism.

    Libertarianism is not the answer either. The problem here is that the government likes to focus on these little measures because its something quick and simple for them to get involved in to boost their ratings. They don't like to mess with the true inner workings of the system because it benefits them. Halodrol-50 barely impacts their voters and is almost a win-win. So they act on it.

    Simple as that.
    While I would disagree with you about libertarianism , you're right otherwise. Shipley's article and general idiocy have nothing to do with any particular political viewpoint. Conservatives are just as likely to mangle or ingore the truth when it suits their purposes as liberals. I'd challenge that poster to find an article more on point or moderate in it's view on steroids and drugs in general in a conservative publication. Other than national review he's not likely to find any. Even those guys still think all drugs are evil it seems, they just are one of the first mainstream publications to admit that it's impossible to control drugs through prohibition.
  32. Board Supporter
    The Experiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    267
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    67.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    While I would disagree with you about libertarianism , you're right otherwise. Shipley's article and general idiocy have nothing to do with any particular political viewpoint. Conservatives are just as likely to mangle or ingore the truth when it suits their purposes as liberals. I'd challenge that poster to find an article more on point or moderate in it's view on steroids and drugs in general in a conservative publication. Other than national review he's not likely to find any. Even those guys still think all drugs are evil it seems, they just are one of the first mainstream publications to admit that it's impossible to control drugs through prohibition.
    Yes. Its something quick and simple. A nice little ratings booster for the holidays. Since 2006 is election year for Senate and Representatives, expect more and more of these "attacks" from politicians and media shills (on both sides) to attack supplements.

    I just don't think Libertarianism is the answer. We're 10 trillion in the hole. I cannot for the life of me wonder why everyone wants less taxes when we're so deeply in debt. That is what Libertarianism offers. Plus it deregulates the industry to where they can sell snake oil and tell you its medicine. How about the meat packing industry which is terrible at adhering to standards now? What about when they have free reign? I wouldn't trust a single food product (read the loads of testimonies of how poorly regulated the food industry is)

    I understand the libertarian viewpoint on this board but I strongly disagree with it.

    The answer is not less taxes and less government but smart taxes and smart government. Thats right, I'm suggesting steroids should be legal but taxed. Same goes for marijuana.

    Thats my solution.
  33. New Member
    klugman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    353
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    52.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    The Experiment:



    Also, what would your idol, Che Guevara, recommend? Was he communist, or just socialist?

    -Tinytoad
    Good Old Che (rich with Gravitas while he was alive) would have a very nuanced solution.

    He would have Gaspari, Kneller and their extended families shot and expunged from the public record.

    Then to further the cause of public saftey Amy Shipley (useful idiot) would be shot as well so he could pass himself off as the sole savior.
  34. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I understand the libertarian viewpoint on this board but I strongly disagree with it.

    The answer is not less taxes and less government but smart taxes and smart government. Thats right, I'm suggesting steroids should be legal but taxed. Same goes for marijuana.

    Thats my solution.[/quote]

    The libertarian point of view is often misunderstood,mostly because it does not exist as an absolute truth.Politics have away of polarizing issues into either, or choices(black/white,good/bad).This make it easier for the general public to
    be classified into voting catagories.Simple people like simple choices.The government of the USA is by definition".. by the people,of the people and for the people". So if you want a smarter government you need smarter people.The trouble is that smarter people are less likley to be polarized into voting catagories. Which makes getting elected a lot harder.So the goverment, which is in charge of the public education system, trains the public not to think critically.Instead the public is taught to memorize a few key facts and buzz words.These buzz words get translated into images and sound bytes for distribution by the media.(the media being owned by the corporations that influence the goverment) It may sound like " orwellian" science fiction, but in fact it works as well as any system in history.Most people prefer to be led towards their decisions. It is a lot quicker and easier than studying all the facts to make your own informed decisions.So a government is a useful thing for the people that need to be governed. Libertarians just prefer to make their own decisions on the critical points of their own life..ie, I like sex,drugs and rock and roll, I am willing to pay for them(with the money I earned through productive activities that did not harm any innocent people) and I will take what ever the consequences of my actions may bring me in return (sickness,public scrutiny or death). If you want to tax me to help support the infrastructure that keeps my supply of sex,drugs and rock and roll flowing then I will gladly hand you my money.If you want my money for something else(?), you better have a darn good sales pitch. Rock the Vote!
  35. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Experiment
    I just don't think Libertarianism is the answer. We're 10 trillion in the hole. I cannot for the life of me wonder why everyone wants less taxes when we're so deeply in debt. That is what Libertarianism offers. Plus it deregulates the industry to where they can sell snake oil and tell you its medicine. How about the meat packing industry which is terrible at adhering to standards now? What about when they have free reign? I wouldn't trust a single food product (read the loads of testimonies of how poorly regulated the food industry is)

    I understand the libertarian viewpoint on this board but I strongly disagree with it.

    The answer is not less taxes and less government but smart taxes and smart government. Thats right, I'm suggesting steroids should be legal but taxed. Same goes for marijuana.

    Thats my solution.
    I'd say that's a socially libertarian approach. Basically that's a label generally applied to people are are socially liberal on such subjects as drugs, sex, etc., but have a mixed bag of economic viewpoints. Either way, the only way our little community gets what it wants is when we band together with other, similarly screwed people and get enough strength to at least get our ideas across to a wide, receptive audience. A more short term approach might be starting a website ala marijuananews.com, steroidnews.com, and getting it as much exposure as possible.

    Basically the owner of that site has always said there was one main reason why marijuana prohibition continues to this day: bad journalism. If you look at the articles on the subject they have similar gaffs and shades of yellow journalism as the steroid articles that piss us off so much. He posts the articles he find and pulls thems apart piece by piece. Something similar for 'roids would be nice. With blogs widely available it wouldn't take too much work from a setup standpoint.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. halodrol-50 by Gaspari gels anyone triedd??
    By mishag23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 09:15 PM
  2. Halodrol-50 Post Cycle Therapy
    By BryanPDavis in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 06:13 AM
  3. Washington Post Endorses Kerry
    By INFOHAZARD in forum Politics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:53 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 11:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in